• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Tea Party Manifesto

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Excerpted from “A Tea Party Manifesto; The movement is not seeking a junior partnership with the Republican Party. It is aiming for a hostile takeover.” By DICK ARMEY AND MATT KIBBE, Op-ed, The Wall Street Journal, AUGUST 17, 2010
[SIZE="+2"]T[/SIZE]he tea party movement has blossomed into a powerful social phenomenon because it is leaderless—not directed by any one mind, political party or parochial agenda.

… The tea party movement is not seeking a junior partnership with the Republican Party, but a hostile takeover of it. …

Methinks G.O.P. “junior partner” would be a high goal for tea party movement members albeit there have been a few breakthroughs like the candidacies of Rand Paul and Sharron Angle.

Methinks G.O.P. “junior partner” would be a high goal for tea party movement members albeit there have been a few breakthroughs like the candidacies of Rand Paul and Sharron Angle.

but holy crap, is angle a disaster. i can't imagine her winning.

That's why you'll be crying that first Wednesday in Nov babe.

in all seriousness, you believe she's a good candidate? that's whacked. and no, i don't cry over elections. and it's ms babe to you.

I haven't been following that election closely. Why is it that you dislike Sharon Angle, lib?

I haven't been following that election closely. Why is it that you dislike Sharon Angle, lib?

Sharron Angle: Stop Displaying My Views! - Politics - The Atlantic

she got incredibly stupid views, which she now is attempting to paper over. she avoided the press like they were lepers, and complained that she was only going to answer questions she wanted to answer. she believes pregnant incest victims should KEEP their children, she would like prohibition, she doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, she's a great candidate for reid!

Back
Top Bottom