• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A summary of the Mueller investiagtion thus far.

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative

Mueller ain't going to deliver ****e.. Hell, he himself needs to be investigated based on verifiable untoward behavior. I mean, Jesus how much material evidence of democratic operatives inside major US national security and law enforcement agencies does he need to indicted? Honestly, I think that this is what is taking him so long, he simply hasn't covered his tracks well enough yet. Once he feels comfortable, then he will deliver his precious report.

Tim-

The investigation has been remarkably tightlipped. We can all see that he's working his way up through the crime family. So many witches hunted!

Thread: A summary of the Mueller investiagtion thus far.

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/09/6434...rge-so-far-from-robert-muellers-investigation

1) George Papadopoulos, former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser, was arrested in July 2017 and pleaded guilty last October to making false statements to the FBI. He got a 14-day sentence.
2) Paul Manafort, Trump’s former campaign chair, was indicted on a total of 25 different counts by Mueller’s team, related mainly to his past work for Ukrainian politicians and his finances. He had two trials scheduled, and the first ended in a conviction on eight counts of financial crimes. To avert the second trial, Manafort struck a plea deal with Mueller in September 2018 (though Mueller’s team said in November that he breached that agreement by lying to them).

3) Rick Gates, a former Trump campaign aide and Manafort’s longtime junior business partner, was indicted on similar charges to Manafort. But in February he agreed to a plea deal with Mueller’s team, pleading guilty to just one false statements charge and one conspiracy charge.
4) Michael Flynn, Trump’s former national security adviser, pleaded guilty last December to making false statements to the FBI.
5-20) 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies were indicted on conspiracy charges, with some also being accused of identity theft. The charges related to a Russian propaganda effort designed to interfere with the 2016 campaign. The companies involved are the Internet Research Agency, often described as a “Russian troll farm,” and two other companies that helped finance it. The Russian nationals indicted include 12 of the agency’s employees and its alleged financier, Yevgeny Prigozhin.
21) Richard Pinedo: This California man pleaded guilty to an identity theft charge in connection with the Russian indictments, and has agreed to cooperate with Mueller. He was sentenced to 6 months in prison and 6 months of home detention in October.
22) Alex van der Zwaan: This London lawyer pleaded guilty to making false statements to the FBI about his contacts with Rick Gates and another unnamed person based in Ukraine. He was sentenced to 30 days in jail and has completed his sentence.
23) Konstantin Kilimnik: This longtime business associate of Manafort and Gates, who’s currently based in Russia, was charged alongside Manafort with attempting to obstruct justice by tampering with witnesses in Manafort’s pending case this year.
24-35) 12 Russian GRU officers: These officers of Russia’s military intelligence service were charged with crimes related to the hacking and leaking of leading Democrats’ emails in 2016.
36) Michael Cohen: In August, Trump’s former lawyer pleaded guilty to 8 counts — tax and bank charges, related to his finances and taxi business, and campaign finance violations — related to hush money payments to women who alleged affairs with Donald Trump, as part of a separate investigation in New York (that Mueller had handed off). But in November, he made a plea deal with Mueller too, for lying to Congress about efforts to build a Trump Tower in Moscow.

The investigation has been remarkably tightlipped. We can all see that he's working his way up through the crime family. So many witches hunted!

Because there's nothing to say.

Mueller ain't going to deliver ****e.. Hell, he himself needs to be investigated based on verifiable untoward behavior. I mean, Jesus how much material evidence of democratic operatives inside major US national security and law enforcement agencies does he need to indicted? Honestly, I think that this is what is taking him so long, he simply hasn't covered his tracks well enough yet. Once he feels comfortable, then he will deliver his precious report.

Tim-

This kind of talk is so crazy.

What I find remarkable is this: In spite of your statement about being tightlipped...which I tend to agree with...it seems the Mueller people have been loosening their lips lately. We have two people...one a talking potato head and the other a semi-respected journalist...giving us supposed information about the Mueller report.

That begs the questions of exactly who, on Mueller's team is leaking this stuff...why now...and probably most importantly, why are the two reports completely opposite?

In any case, given your remark about being tightlipped, how on earth would you know he's "working his way up through the crime family"?

What I find remarkable is this: In spite of your statement about being tightlipped...which I tend to agree with...it seems the Mueller people have been loosening their lips lately. We have two people...one a talking potato head and the other a semi-respected journalist...giving us supposed information about the Mueller report.

That begs the questions of exactly who, on Mueller's team is leaking this stuff...why now...and probably most importantly, why are the two reports completely opposite?

In any case, given your remark about being tightlipped, how on earth would you know he's "working his way up through the crime family"?

All "we" have is speculation, until the report is issued.
As for working his way up, he started with the minons and now Don Jr is talking about being subpeona'd.

Just seeing the individuals indicted and guilty pleas thus far and the NYSD activity should make clear to any thinking person that the "Crime Family" is being targeted and destroyed. As for leaks, it is likely any actual data has not been leaked so much as allowed to be whispered as part of a plan to release without risk of rug sweeping. Mueller knows his final report will be compromised and is going to take steps to protect it.....this is why the Southern District of New York is now involved and I have a felling they will have pretty much everything serious in the report by the time it comes out...all legally.

Trumps little empire will be his downfall in the end and he will regret becoming President …..he probably does already.

I wonder what the Trumpkins will use as their main line of attack once the Mueller report comes out and the indictments against many top people are complete and the Trump crime operation and traitorous activities are fully exposed?

What will be their mealy mouthed excuses then?

Because there's nothing to say.

All those indictments, all those guilty pleas is 'nothing to say'?

Apparently, you seem to think that unless or until there are charges leveled directly at the president, it is all just a total waste of time and resources. People are going to prison and assets are being forfeited because they broke the law.

Don't misunderstand me. I realize that if Mueller does directly implicate the president in criminal activity, you are ready willing and able to deflect, deny, and defend the president, regardless of the charges.

Trump said he could shoot someone on 5th Avenue and not lose any votes. He was talking about you. You are loyal. Be proud of it.

I wonder what the Trumpkins will use as their main line of attack once the Mueller report comes out and the indictments against many top people are complete and the Trump crime operation and traitorous activities are fully exposed?

What will be their mealy mouthed excuses then?

Good question....distraction wont work here. I just hope Uncle Donny does not get desperate and start a war.

Well...that and the fact that there have been several "bombshell!!!" "SMOKING GUN!!!" stories that caused the idiot leftists to pee themselves with glee only to have them turn out to be pure bull**** lies or gigantic failed nothing burgers...the entire Mueller 'investigation' has been just more of the corrupt bull**** carried over from Comey, McCabe, Strzuk and the rest of the clowns.

I would like to see a real investigation...not one by a team formed of Clinton cronies. Id like to see that investigation take all the information they actually have including the names attached to the FISA warrants, and investigate ALL of this ****. If Trump or his team is actually guilty of Collusion...hang the ****ers. If the Clinton team and the DNC is guilty of collusion...hang them. As for the FBI? Hang every one of those corrupt ****ers that knowingly colluded with the DNC to fabricate this **** and attempt to overthrow the results of an election.

Good question....distraction wont work here. I just hope Uncle Donny does not get desperate and start a war.

I suspect - in the end - after the Trump guilt is firmly and convincingly established - the line of excuse will be similar to that old Flip Wilson "the devil made me do it" joke but this time it will be we had to do these things because the Great Satan Hillary Clinton was going to win the White House and that simply could not be allowed to happen and any means necessary were justified.

Do not put it past him. He's like a fat little kid who opened Battleship on Christmas morning. He thinks the Presidency is a game.

There's no evidence it came from Mueller.
There is evidence it came from Congressional closed door testimony.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/14/politics/trump-fbi-debate-investigation/index.html
They debated a range of possibilities, according to portions of transcripts of two FBI officials' closed-door congressional interviews

As for working his way up, he started with the minons and now Don Jr is talking about being subpeona'd.

What has Don Jr. said about being subpoenaed?

Just seeing the individuals indicted and guilty pleas thus far and the NYSD activity should make clear to any thinking person that the "Crime Family" is being targeted and destroyed. As for leaks, it is likely any actual data has not been leaked so much as allowed to be whispered as part of a plan to release without risk of rug sweeping. Mueller knows his final report will be compromised and is going to take steps to protect it.....this is why the Southern District of New York is now involved and I have a felling they will have pretty much everything serious in the report by the time it comes out...all legally.

Trumps little empire will be his downfall in the end and he will regret becoming President …..he probably does already.

So...you are okay with a government official...against government rules and laws...leaking information about an ongoing investigation to the media for his own ulterior motives? And you are accusing Mueller of doing that?

Not much respect for the rule of law in your "get Trump" world, is there?

The answer is no one on Muellers team. It was a member of Congress or a Congressional aide who is privy to the closed door testimony FBI officials have given to Congress.

I just perused a thread on DP about Carl Bernstein being leaked portions of the Mueller investigation' final conclusions. Who and why was this info leaked to Bernstein and why did Bernstein continue the leaking?

The answer is no one on Muellers team. It was a member of Congress or a Congressional aide who is privy to the closed door testimony FBI officials have given to Congress.

If the answer is no one on the Mueller team is leaking info to Bernstein and others, then we can conclude that, for example, Bernstein's expose/book is hogwash unless Bernstein is clairvoyant.

There is a leaker in the Mueller investigation and you need to acknowledge it.

Back
Top Bottom