• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A suggestion--Why not start a "legal" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glowpun

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
How about DP starting a thread that deals with legal issues, meaning posters who have some kind of a legal or procedural question that readers can participate in.

I'm sorry but this is a bad idea. Laws and legal advice vary from country to country, and region to region. You can't expect an online forum of non-lawyers to give accurate advice. It's better to consult real legal resources online, or hire an actual lawyer who knows your locality's laws.

Given how prone people on these boards are to wild speculation, people who don't actually know what they're talking about will be responding to queries and that just won't do.

Some of this goes on in the constitution thread

I'm sorry but this is a bad idea. Laws and legal advice vary from country to country, and region to region. You can't expect an online forum of non-lawyers to give accurate advice. It's better to consult real legal resources online, or hire an actual lawyer who knows your locality's laws.

Given how prone people on these boards are to wild speculation, people who don't actually know what they're talking about will be responding to queries and that just won't do.

I second this. You don't really know WHO you are getting advice from in such a forum. It is ALWAYS best to seek legal counsel from an attorney licensed to practice law in your own state. It may cost you, but if the issue is truly that important the price is worth it. There's really no such thing as good "FREE" legal advice, with the possible exception of a personal lawyer freind in your own state. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom