• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.

We don’t need jobs in the US. We can just print money. Democracy solves everything!
That's why Biden made all those quotes about the stock market not mattering. For some reason, that's not going so well for him.....of course, nothing else is either.

Yeah? So if you’ve got an opportunity to settle for $250k and get a guaranteed outcome versus a jury trial with no guarantee other than a million in litigation costs and the potential for a 10 figure decision against you, it’s a better deal not to settle?
You are looking at it from the wrong side. Companies don't make offers to complainants when they think they are innocent.

There are two possibilities.

1. Something happened, more-or-less like she said it did, though perhaps differing in details.

2. She made it up, mostly or entirely, thinking she could get money out of it.

Either is entirely possible. Certainly rich guys are often hoe-dawgs... why wouldn't they be? Wealth draws a lot of women, and they tend to get used to the idea and think most women are potentially open to a proposition. Not saying it is right, just that it is common.
OTOH gold-diggers are real too, and fake reports of this sort are common.

Who knows? I don't, and you don't. Again, I just note that it is telling that this suddenly comes out just as a Certain Segment of Society decided they hate Elon over the whole Twitter thing.

Have you tried being smart about it? Nope, your party has so much hate in their hearts that nobody involved with it thinks clearly. Hate does that.

If he feels he needs to move SpaceX out of the country, he loses that sweet deal he has with NASA's launch facilities. Not gonna happen.

And Tesla is garbage.

1653061450324.png

Whatever became of Tara Reade's accusation?

You are looking at it from the wrong side. Companies don't make offers to complainants when they think they are innocent.
You’re just plain wrong. Settlements happen all the time when there’s even an ounce of exposure. Incidents like the one we’re discussing are rarely one sided and if both parties have some kind of exposure then the one with the most to lose settles.

You’re just plain wrong. Settlements happen all the time when there’s even an ounce of exposure. Incidents like the one we’re discussing are rarely one sided and if both parties have some kind of exposure then the one with the most to lose settles.
Have you ever done a Sexual Harassment investigation in a company?

I have. If something is bogus, it pretty much gets figured out early. Innocent people don't pay off their accusers.

This is so funny. One day Elon Musk is a liberal hero because he makes electric cars, pays a lot of taxes, creates a lot of jobs and believes in free speech.
Then he says something liberals don't like and he's the most evil human being on the planet. Hilarious.
What the hell are you talking about? Do you even know?
You must see liberals like an alcoholic with the DT's sees snakes.

Right after Musk said he would vote Republican, he also said he totally expected the Dem propaganda machine to come after him.
He was correct.
I like this guy. Curious what this "Centrist Populism" is.

New England has brown outs every year due to not being able to keep up with electricity demands. Just heard on NPR today how ALL of the west is going to have rolling black outs during peak times this summer due to decreased hydro generation, and increasing demand.

Now, imagine that, WITH, let's say, 30% increase in EV ownership. That's like 30% of households buying an extra AC unit, and running it 16 hours per day, everyday, in addition to current electricity draw.

And like I said, your forecasts are unrealistic and exaggerated, and again...EV development is going to further push the need for something we should have been doing all along, improve the electrical grid.
Pretending these electric grid crises are something new is even more absurd, because the national grid has been suffering annual interruptions and cascading failure events since I was in high school
a half century ago. Eighty years ago most of the Old South barely had enough of a grid to even provide electric LIGHT to its citizens, spurring the buildout of the Tennessee Valley Authority's rural electrification programs.

Today's grid is an antiquated mish-mash of outdated and inefficient systems that repeatedly get short shrift on everything from keeping up with minimum demand to bare safety enforcement.
And it's because utility operators get away with being allowed to keep their systems running without bare minimum maintenance and upgrades. Now they're about to get help, if we have the will to pass the needed legislation to make a national grid upgrade possible.
It IS going to happen. You cannot stop the further development and rollout of EV's and whether we take action NOW or LATER is up to the lawmakers and the voters.
But one way or another, the grid WILL HAVE to keep up with demand.

And the more luddites prevent the medicine from being taken now, the more painful it will be later.
But posting wild exaggerated claims of some "OVERNIGHT" appearance of thirty percent increase in EV's coming online all at once does not impress rational thinking people.
Curb your hysteria.

Have you ever done a Sexual Harassment investigation in a company?

I have. If something is bogus, it pretty much gets figured out early. Innocent people don't pay off their accusers.
I'm not talking about a situation where a given claim is made up from whole cloth. Yeah, if it never happened and can be proved never to have happened then you probably don't want to settle but those cases don't come up all that often. The FAR more common issue is when a subordinate gets friendly and flirty with a superior. From that point you might run into a situation where the flirtation turns into something more or one party starts to think of the flirtation as something more than it is. Signs get missed, judgement becomes questionable, shit happens and now there are bad feelings that end up as a complaint. Neither party is entirely clean in those situations and settlement makes sense because litigating a "he said/she said" case, especially if one party is a well known public figure, makes perfect sense.

That's not actually true, and the term you mean is not liable. Guilt or innocence is in the criminal context only.

He'd better be careful, or he'll find himself winning the Republican nomination.

Isn't it odd, how this is suddenly a big story... just after Certain Persons started abruptly hating Elon for wanting free speech on Twitter and being somewhat critical of left-extremists?

Not the first time I've seen this pattern.
The “pattern” goes something like this, imo; ”look at me, shine the light over here!”

Then, when people take notice, the person says, “why are you looking at me?”

HOly ****ing dumb. that's what you focus on to a partisan. Imagine if we actually invested in solar, wind and other no oil and gas energy, and had more of that? Wouldn't have to worry about gas or hydro. But right wing assholes fought that now want to whine and blame democrats for rising energy and gas costs because you peopel jsut had to suck the D of the oil and gas companies
CT has more solar than just about any other NE state...and news flash, NE ain't Maga ville. Bottom line is, as a nation, we barely generate enough electricity to fulfill current demand.

And like I said, your forecasts are unrealistic and exaggerated, and again...EV development is going to further push the need for something we should have been doing all along, improve the electrical grid.
Pretending these electric grid crises are something new is even more absurd, because the national grid has been suffering annual interruptions and cascading failure events since I was in high school
a half century ago. Eighty years ago most of the Old South barely had enough of a grid to even provide electric LIGHT to its citizens, spurring the buildout of the Tennessee Valley Authority's rural electrification programs.

Today's grid is an antiquated mish-mash of outdated and inefficient systems that repeatedly get short shrift on everything from keeping up with minimum demand to bare safety enforcement.
And it's because utility operators get away with being allowed to keep their systems running without bare minimum maintenance and upgrades. Now they're about to get help, if we have the will to pass the needed legislation to make a national grid upgrade possible.
It IS going to happen. You cannot stop the further development and rollout of EV's and whether we take action NOW or LATER is up to the lawmakers and the voters.
But one way or another, the grid WILL HAVE to keep up with demand.

And the more luddites prevent the medicine from being taken now, the more painful it will be later.
But posting wild exaggerated claims of some "OVERNIGHT" appearance of thirty percent increase in EV's coming online all at once does not impress rational thinking people.
Curb your hysteria.
Everything you've said is true.

Now. Pretend your Elon Musk, knowing this. Do you sink R and D into a product the country isn't ready to embrace, yet? Either in terms of desire, or in terms of physical capability?

Would it shock you to know that Nissan already makes what you're looking for? Economy class EV, sells for around 25k.

Not their best seller, to be honest. Now mind you, that car doesn't sell because people are worried about the grid...that's laughable.

But if it did sell in quantities similar to Honda civics, Nissan sentras, Toyota Carola, etc...well, buddy, we'd have a serious problem on our hands. Even if we updated our lines, transformers, everything. We'd have to get real comfortable with nuclear power...real quick.

If he feels he needs to move SpaceX out of the country, he loses that sweet deal he has with NASA's launch facilities. Not gonna happen.

And Tesla is garbage.

View attachment 67391862
I read that there was a threshold that TSLA couldn’t drop below without Musk getting additional collateral for his Twitter loans.

“At the initial $12.5 billion size and after his share sales last month, Musk wouldn’t have had enough unpledged Tesla shares to cover the margin loan if the stock fell below $837. At the current $6.25 billion, Musk could withstand a drop to about $420. “

Everything you've said is true.

Now. Pretend your Elon Musk, knowing this. Do you sink R and D into a product the country isn't ready to embrace, yet? Either in terms of desire, or in terms of physical capability?

Would it shock you to know that Nissan already makes what you're looking for? Economy class EV, sells for around 25k.

Not their best seller, to be honest. Now mind you, that car doesn't sell because people are worried about the grid...that's laughable.

But if it did sell in quantities similar to Honda civics, Nissan sentras, Toyota Carola, etc...well, buddy, we'd have a serious problem on our hands. Even if we updated our lines, transformers, everything. We'd have to get real comfortable with nuclear power...real quick.

I agree that the Leaf is around.
Only reason it isn't more popular --- the COST of the battery replacement, which is way out of line.
Remember please, I have been dealing with Ni-Mh, Ni-Cd and Li-Ion batteries since the 1980's. I know what they're supposed to cost.
Just because they're bigger and more sophisticated in automotive applications doesn't change things that much.

The moment Nissan decides to drop the cost of a Leaf battery to around 2500-3000 bucks, they're golden.
They want eight to TEN thousand. Even Toyota stopped that charade years ago.

And again, the grid WILL accommodate the demand, they don't have a choice.
And I AM comfortable with nuclear power, the old man was a nuclear physicist.
I'm just not comfortable with "your grandfather's idea of nuclear power" when we have tons more options to try out.
It's time we did.
And we can start with THORIUM.

Tesla is losing its shine in the EV market, others are catching up and surpassing.

I'm not talking about a situation where a given claim is made up from whole cloth. Yeah, if it never happened and can be proved never to have happened then you probably don't want to settle but those cases don't come up all that often. The FAR more common issue is when a subordinate gets friendly and flirty with a superior. From that point you might run into a situation where the flirtation turns into something more or one party starts to think of the flirtation as something more than it is. Signs get missed, judgement becomes questionable, shit happens and now there are bad feelings that end up as a complaint. Neither party is entirely clean in those situations and settlement makes sense because litigating a "he said/she said" case, especially if one party is a well known public figure, makes perfect sense.
For a guy like Elon, $250,000 isn't diddly. Easier to put it all to bed, guilty or innnocent. He's a business guy, he's done that type of thing a lot of times to speed up business, make the deal, spend a little money and move on. j
But we know the democrats have used this tactic before and couldn't come close to proving it. Dirty politics, democrat is they name.

It wasn’t a teen beauty pageant. It was Miss USA/Universe pageants (all 18+ year olds), but yeah, disgusting at any age. Can’t imagine how furious I would be if I had been the father of any of the contest participants.

Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while contestants — some as young as 15 — were changing.

"I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’ " said Mariah Billado, the former Miss Vermont Teen USA.

Trump, she recalled, said something like, "Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before."

Probably a few pages late.

I agree that the Leaf is around.
Only reason it isn't more popular --- the COST of the battery replacement, which is way out of line.
Remember please, I have been dealing with Ni-Mh, Ni-Cd and Li-Ion batteries since the 1980's. I know what they're supposed to cost.
Just because they're bigger and more sophisticated in automotive applications doesn't change things that much.

The moment Nissan decides to drop the cost of a Leaf battery to around 2500-3000 bucks, they're golden.
They want eight to TEN thousand. Even Toyota stopped that charade years ago.

And again, the grid WILL accommodate the demand, they don't have a choice.
And I AM comfortable with nuclear power, the old man was a nuclear physicist.
I'm just not comfortable with "your grandfather's idea of nuclear power" when we have tons more options to try out.
It's time we did.
And we can start with THORIUM.
Forklift batteries cost 13,000 for Crown Lifts, same battery that's being used in cars, more or less.

I wholeheartedly agree with nuclear tech. But even if we decided TODAY, and had that tech today, and struck dirt tomorrow, it'd be a good 8 years before energy starts being generated in those new facilities.

In 8 years, hydrogen will be the solution to our energy problems, and some cars will be running reclaimed Co2 fuels.

I envision a future where houses have their own hydrogen power cells, so we don't need to waste electricity charging miles of lines.

Forklift batteries cost 13,000 for Crown Lifts, same battery that's being used in cars, more or less.

I wholeheartedly agree with nuclear tech. But even if we decided TODAY, and had that tech today, and struck dirt tomorrow, it'd be a good 8 years before energy starts being generated in those new facilities.

In 8 years, hydrogen will be the solution to our energy problems, and some cars will be running reclaimed Co2 fuels.

I envision a future where houses have their own hydrogen power cells, so we don't need to waste electricity charging miles of lines.

Wait a sec. A Crown forklift?
Give us the exact tech specs on one of those batteries please.
Just pick ANY Crown forklift model you like, okay?

Probably a few pages late.
From your link dated 8 October, 2016;
We're not going to rate this on our Truth-O-Meter, since some of the key sources are anonymous. But we'll lay out what we do know about the allegation.”

Of the 11 (contestants) who said they don’t remember Trump coming into the changing room, some said it was possible that it happened while they weren’t in the room or that they didn’t notice. But most were dubious or dismissed the possibility out of hand.

Allison Bowman, former Miss Wisconsin Teen USA, cast doubt on whether it happened. "These were teenage girls," Bowman said. "If anything inappropriate had gone on, the gossip would have flown."

There is not evidence, however, that the accusations have been disproved -- only that some of the contestants said they were not aware of the alleged incident, and some believed it could not have happened.

Given the situation, we're not rating Kind's statement on the Truth-O-Meter.

PolitiFact 21 September, 2020;
A1492616-FD6F-4BF3-BEF9-D67690950DAB.jpeg
“The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

This isn’t what Trump said. It’s an alteration of comments Trump madeduring a 2005 interview with radio personality Howard Stern regarding Miss Universe and Miss USA pageants. In the exchange, Stern asks Trump if, in the years he owned Miss Universe and Miss USA, there were times he had sex with the contestants, all of whom are over age 18.

Back
Top Bottom