• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Sound Victory in the Gay Rights Movement

hiker said:
Well, now wait a minute...why not? If it's private property, you should be able to run around naked all you want. You've never stepped outside your home unclothed when you know nobody can see you?

Actually, you're wrong. Even if you are nude in your own home, if some teenager was peeping at you and could see your nude body, you could theoretically be arrested for indecent exposure. So your rights to be nude do NOT include even doing so in your own home unless you have thick curtains blocking the view of others who could possibly see in.

And you can blame THAT on the sexually repressed society that we live in.

George_Washington said:
No problem, I just thought that Sissy Boy was referring to public property by the way he said:

"But from a personal perspective, I don't see anything wrong with nude beaches or whole parks that are reserved for public nudity."

If you used a BRAIN to think you would have noticed the KEY words I wrote: 'nude beaches' or 'whole parks RESERVED for public nudity.'

It's pretty freakin' obvious what I was referring to.

sissy-boy said:
Actually, you're wrong. Even if you are nude in your own home, if some teenager was peeping at you and could see your nude body, you could theoretically be arrested for indecent exposure. So your rights to be nude do NOT include even doing so in your own home unless you have thick curtains blocking the view of others who could possibly see in.

And you can blame THAT on the sexually repressed society that we live in.

You are wrong. If a kid is peeping in your windows while you are nude and he is caught, then he will be jailed for invasion of privacy. They are called peeping tom laws and they are taken very seriously. Here is just one examply:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1995/vp951208/12070136.htm

So now please, if we must suffer your ignorant garbage in this forum, at least do so with a modicum of honesty and if you dont know what you are talking about, then STFU.

hiker said:
Well, now wait a minute...why not? If it's private property, you should be able to run around naked all you want. You've never stepped outside your home unclothed when you know nobody can see you?
Try running around your front yard naked, and see if the local authorities come around to talk to you about it. A "public display" is what the passing public can see, and can be properly regulated by the public.

i would comment
but it would fall on the deaf ears of the militant fanatical homosexual Sissy Boy
on to productive things in life now
buh bye

jallman said:
You are wrong. If a kid is peeping in your windows while you are nude and he is caught, then he will be jailed for invasion of privacy. They are called peeping tom laws and they are taken very seriously. Here is just one examply:

http://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/VA-Pilot/issues/1995/vp951208/12070136.htm

So now please, if we must suffer your ignorant garbage in this forum, at least do so with a modicum of honesty and if you dont know what you are talking about, then STFU.

If you are UNDRESSED in front of a CURTAIN, that someone can see even PART of a nude body, you can be arrested. And YES -- even if they were looking in at you. If it was clear that they were 'PEEEPING' it may be another story if you catch them.

I know about 'peeping' laws thank you I don't need the link.

But SOON, you'll also be up on charges if you know you're neighbors smoke weed and you don't SNITCH on them!! At least my own state has planted THAT bomb. So if you didn't know about your neighbors now you'll HAVE to know.

sissy-boy said:

If you are UNDRESSED in front of a CURTAIN, that someone can see even PART of a nude body, you can be arrested. And YES -- even if they were looking in at you. If it was clear that they were 'PEEEPING' it may be another story if you catch them.

I know about 'peeping' laws thank you I don't need the link.

But SOON, you'll also be up on charges if you know you're neighbors smoke weed and you don't SNITCH on them!! At least my own state has planted THAT bomb. So if you didn't know about your neighbors now you'll HAVE to know.

Well, I would challenge you to provide proof to back up such an outlandish claim, but we have already seen how lacking you are in the honesty department.

jallman said:
Well, I would challenge you to provide proof to back up such an outlandish claim, but we have already seen how lacking you are in the honesty department.

Sissy Boy is lying-I was a municipal prosecutor for several years.

TurtleDude said:

I appreciate the affirmation, even if it wasnt a great insight. Municipal prosecutor huh? Must have been a fun job. I will certainly be relying more on your experience in the future when topics of this nature come up.:2wave:

jallman said:
I appreciate the affirmation, even if it wasnt a great insight. Municipal prosecutor huh? Must have been a fun job. I will certainly be relying more on your experience in the future when topics of this nature come up.:2wave:

In Ohio, small towns, cities etc usually contract with large law firms for legal services. Our firm was big into that, four different partners each served as the law director for four different cities. Those municipalities didn't pay near the billing rate but being at mayor's court got each partner lots of face time and often led to additional work and contacts. However, when someone lost a case in mayor's court they were allowed to demand a new trial in the county court (no felonies, no civil suits above 10,000). The partners didn't have much use going to the county court so I was there on behalf of all four. It allowed me to get alot of trial experience quickly since I was doing a couple DUI's, indecent exposures (usually peeing on a public street near a bar) etc each week for the four years I was there before the firm split and I left for a far better position elsewhere

it was truly entertaining. Because I would often have to wait for the City of Cincinnati to do all its cases, I saw hundreds of trials. I could write a book on this stuff and it would be pure comedy.

TurtleDude said:

It is not a lie, as it happened and I read an article about it while I was in Montana last year. A kid went running to his parents that he saw someone naked and they had the guy arrested in his own home.

There was also a woman who was arrested for taking photographs of her nude children in Tucson, AZ who did very tasteful shots of them playing in her yard and such.

And if it passes, it WILL be a crime not to turn in your neighbors for smoking pot.

You ****ing queers. Bend over you ****ers and I will make men out of you. Worship me.

President.Bush said:
You ****ing queers. Bend over you ****ers and I will make men out of you. Worship me.

[Moderator Mode]As confused as I am about the above comment I would like to put that aside while I ask you to refrain from such obscenities outside of the Basement. Not only are your comments perplexing and inappropriate, they add nothing to the conversation.

Have a nice day, if that's what you want to have.[/Moderator Mode]

sissy-boy said:

It is not a lie, as it happened and I read an article about it while I was in Montana last year. A kid went running to his parents that he saw someone naked and they had the guy arrested in his own home.

There was also a woman who was arrested for taking photographs of her nude children in Tucson, AZ who did very tasteful shots of them playing in her yard and such.

And if it passes, it WILL be a crime not to turn in your neighbors for smoking pot.

I'd love to see links for any of those claims.

President.Bush said:

Banned for having multiple usernames, and generally sucking.

sissy-boy said:

Then by all means...I know this is a futile request, but show some links or at least give a name of a paper. Something to make me believe you arent lying yet again.

jallman said:
Then by all means...I know this is a futile request, but show some links or at least give a name of a paper. Something to make me believe you arent lying yet again.
You can be arrested for indecent exposure if it is your full intent to expose yourself to a person, such as flashing in a subway. The law also applies if you conduct yourself that way in front of a window with knowledge that people will see you. I don't have a link for this, but...I did see it on an episode of Cops. (That is the sort of reference that sends people giggling, and I hated to use it.) A woman in an apartment complex made a complaint about a man in another apartment exposing himself to her in his window. The police entered the man's apartment and left with the guy in handcuffs.

hiker said:
You can be arrested for indecent exposure if it is your full intent to expose yourself to a person, such as flashing in a subway. The law also applies if you conduct yourself that way in front of a window with knowledge that people will see you. I don't have a link for this, but...I did see it on an episode of Cops. (That is the sort of reference that sends people giggling, and I hated to use it.) A woman in an apartment complex made a complaint about a man in another apartment exposing himself to her in his window. The police entered the man's apartment and left with the guy in handcuffs.

......Did they let him get dressed first?

Kelzie said:
......Did they let him get dressed first?
Yes. The guy told the police he had taken a shower earlier and had not gotten dressed yet when he was spotted through his front window. The woman making the complaint said he had exposed himself before a few times and she felt it was a malicious deliberate act. He claimed to be naked from the shower. The police took her word for it and arrested him.

I guess the real issue here is to prove intent. But apparently, you don't have to prove it to get someone arrested. So from that perspective, sissy-boy's claim seems all too logical.

sissy-boy said:

lol UHH YEAH SURE...in the mystical land of insanity.

Back
Top Bottom