• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Simple 'Fix'.

One small problem. The US Constitution does not give the federal government that authority. Unless a power is specifically granted to the federal government by the US Constitution the federal government does not have that power. The purpose of the US Constitution was to limit the power of the federal government. Not make it an all-power government entity that can do whatever it pleases without restraint.

Since the States are not prohibited from issuing a State ID by the US Constitution, the States have the constitutional authority to issue IDs, but the federal government does not. Which makes any notion of a "National ID" unconstitutional.

The whole "[e]very citizen is currently provided with a unique numbered Social Security card at birth" is a relatively new thing. I didn't obtain my Social Security account until I turned 14 and got my first paying job.
It need not be a problem. The cards would be produced by the States. Moving to another State or voting district would require updating the card which would both add the new location and remove the old, perhaps maintained as history rather than deleted. The numbering would be unique Nationally.
In 1997, when filing for Social Security, I had to list the locations where I had lived and worked since birth, and many other things I could only make estimates of, plus provide original documents of a number of things which were returned, except for my sons school ID card which got lost, but didn't want my Social Security card.
I got mine by filling out a form at the Post Office when I was 12.

It need not be a problem. The cards would be produced by the States. Moving to another State or voting district would require updating the card which would both add the new location and remove the old, perhaps maintained as history rather than deleted. The numbering would be unique Nationally.
Two problems:
  • State IDs are not mandatory. Very few people actually have a State ID. Only driver's licenses are mandatory if using a motorized vehicle on public roads; and
  • If the States are issuing the IDs then they will be using their own numbering system that is unique to that specific State.

Moving to another State means obtaining a brand new driver's license, with its own unique State number. In Alaska, all driver's licenses issued by other States become null and void after living in Alaska for 30 days. Alaska also requires that everyone who wants an Alaska driver's license provide a certified copy of their birth certificate, or a copy of the permanent residency card (a.k.a. "Green Card"), before an Alaska driver's license will be issued. Temporary driver's licenses are also issued to H1B Visa holders, which have an expiration date that matches their Visa expiration date.

Only those who are legally allowed to be in the US and Alaska are issued Alaska driver's licenses or IDs. Illegal aliens who obtained driver's licenses in leftist shithole States will not be allowed to drive in Alaska after 30 days. If discovered, they will be deported instead.

In 1997, when filing for Social Security, I had to list the locations where I had lived and worked since birth, and many other things I could only make estimates of, plus provide original documents of a number of things which were returned, except for my sons school ID card which got lost, but didn't want my Social Security card.
I got mine by filling out a form at the Post Office when I was 12.
I'm not entirely sure where I filled out the Social Security application, and by "I" I meant my mother because I was just 14 at the time and had no clue what Social Security even was. I just knew that I needed this number in order to get a paying job, and I paid into it for next 45 years. Now that I'm 67 and "entitled" to Social Security, I won't be receiving a single penny.

Two problems:
  • State IDs are not mandatory. Very few people actually have a State ID. Only driver's licenses are mandatory if using a motorized vehicle on public roads; and
  • If the States are issuing the IDs then they will be using their own numbering system that is unique to that specific State.

Moving to another State means obtaining a brand new driver's license, with its own unique State number. In Alaska, all driver's licenses issued by other States become null and void after living in Alaska for 30 days. Alaska also requires that everyone who wants an Alaska driver's license provide a certified copy of their birth certificate, or a copy of the permanent residency card (a.k.a. "Green Card"), before an Alaska driver's license will be issued. Temporary driver's licenses are also issued to H1B Visa holders, which have an expiration date that matches their Visa expiration date.

Only those who are legally allowed to be in the US and Alaska are issued Alaska driver's licenses or IDs. Illegal aliens who obtained driver's licenses in leftist shithole States will not be allowed to drive in Alaska after 30 days. If discovered, they will be deported instead.

I'm not entirely sure where I filled out the Social Security application, and by "I" I meant my mother because I was just 14 at the time and had no clue what Social Security even was. I just knew that I needed this number in order to get a paying job, and I paid into it for next 45 years. Now that I'm 67 and "entitled" to Social Security, I won't be receiving a single penny.
Of course you can create problems, but the point should be to reduce or eliminate them whenever/wherever/however possible.
I don't know why you won't be receiving a single penny, unless you refuse to file for it.

Of course you can create problems, but the point should be to reduce or eliminate them whenever/wherever/however possible.
Only a leftist fascist piece of shit would consider upholding the Supreme Law of the Land to be "creating problems."

I don't know why you won't be receiving a single penny, unless you refuse to file for it.
I refuse to profit from the atrocities that my nation commits against its own people.

Only a leftist fascist piece of shit would consider upholding the Supreme Law of the Land to be "creating problems."

I refuse to profit from the atrocities that my nation commits against its own people.
You're free to do so.

Back
Top Bottom