• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Short Test For Smart People

cnredd

Major General Big Lug
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
A SHORT TEST FOR SMART PEOPLE.

The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you
whether you are qualified to be a professional. Scroll down for each
answer. The questions are NOT that difficult. But don't scroll down UNTIL
you have answered the question!

1.How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and
close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things
in an overly complicated way.

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Did you say, Open the refrigerator, put in the elephant, and close the
refrigerator?

Wrong Answer.

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the
elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the
repercussions of your previous actions.

3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals
attend... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator.
You just put him in there. This tests your memory. Okay, even if you did
not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more
chance to show your true abilities.

4.There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and
you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not
been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This
tests whether you learn quickly from your mistakes.

According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the
professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers
got several correct answers. Anderson Consulting says this conclusively
disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a
four-year-old.

:doh

I thought of putting the giraffe in a blender or something. :rofl

Its kinda a wierd quiz, cause the questions don't say much. It never says its talkin about the same refrigerator. It never says theres only one elephant (the elephant in the refrigerator) left in the world that can attend the conference.

Yep,I was thinking of chopping up the poor old Giraffe too,nice lot we are!

nkgupta80 said:
Its kinda a wierd quiz, cause the questions don't say much. It never says its talkin about the same refrigerator. It never says theres only one elephant (the elephant in the refrigerator) left in the world that can attend the conference.

This question tests whether you tend to do simple things

Exactly what you're doing now...

Okay cnredd, I'm gonna open another window, view and answer one at a time, then go to next. I'll not cheat. I swear on Matthew's grave.

Allready saw the first question.

1.Answer. Butcher is. Why else put it in the fridge? What a fool question.
2.You should have listed all the questions first.
Answer. Same as one. Mayhap I, teacher, of the massive brain, am too smart for this test. let's see. Though the size of said fridge grows. But you put no limits there.
Reading further, well you see my statement before you asked about opening the door. I already see you are trying to influence the next answer by giving possibly misleading info. I think so far I'm solid.
3. Hmm. Thinking about #3. Is this one of those "Where are the survivors of a plane crash on a border between states buried question?"
Ah...the elephant...he's in the fridge. For shame MGBL. Let's go look.

Ahha...massive brain prevails...a river you say..so far I'm thinking...build or buy a boat?, or go around until the end or a bridge..gonna go choke a smoke on this one. My thoughts so far don't seem (feel) right. This is like a military psych test. Before I go, might I suggest, satiate their hunger with the butchered Giraffe?

Ahha, massive brain, (and brew and smokes) gives me the answer,
4.Go when the animals are in said meeting. Or my previous answers. Gonna go peek now.

Yea me. Do i miss the first question?

Thoughts:

You did not give the size of the fridge in first answer. I guess I'm wrong because I assumed it was household sized. But then I'm eating Giraffe. I hear they (like Camels) taste like chicken. Well done Major General. Very entertaining. Held my attention completely.

nkgupta80 said:

So I'm guessing you failed miserably?

Androvski said:
Yep,I was thinking of chopping up the poor old Giraffe too,nice lot we are!

Me too... And for the elephant I had the same answer... They never said the fridge couldn't be big enough for both of them. (It's already a monster fridge if you can fit one of them in it)

So you don't force the elephant and the giraffe to mate and produce a hideous godless freak baby? Well...I don't know...Who would think of something that disgusting! I mean really....:thinking

I played nice. Gave you my thoughts as I played. Now you guys are making excuses. Tell me, did you solve it as well as me? No. If you had, you would have bragged, like me, teacher, of the massive brain, human nature. I showed you all exactly my train of thought as I went along. Better yet. I had the foresight to do so from the get go. Because I know cnredd, now matter how base his morals and disturbing his appearance, is ten times the cogitator that you all are put together. Why is this? Oh look. Shame we aren't in the basement. cnredd? Major flaw there. How do I play with the.....ah...challenged in this thread? No matter, I'll find a way. Wonder how Tashah will do here? And Gunny?

Let's address your questions.

PhotonicLaceration said:
Me too... And for the elephant I had the same answer... They never said the fridge couldn't be big enough for both of them. (It's already a monster fridge if you can fit one of them in it)
But you know that from the first question. cnredd? Why must we take out the first animal? And you thought we got along! Shame!

V.I. Lenin said:
So you don't force the elephant and the giraffe to mate and produce a hideous godless freak baby? Well...I don't know...Who would think of something that disgusting! I mean really....:thinking

Dude, that just has nothing to do with anything. Admirable from my point of view, goes with out saying, though he didn't say that there were not monkeys in there to mate with, total supposition on your part, while not incorrect, not necessarily correct either, point is moot, but it seems to draw away from the fact you (possibly) didn't answer correctly. Be a man, fess up.

So we have PhotonicLacsceration and V.I. Lenin both giving you a hard time but not claiming total victory, which, in my small world, deems them unsuccessful. Galenrox is obviously too distracted by me mum to put his "smaller" brain to the test. Ha.

I'm gonna put this test to some of the others on this site for their.....ah.....attention.

V.I. Lenin said:

Remind me not to have you over for dinner anytime soon....;)

In my opinion, you must look at ALL possibilities. To say that the correct way to do it is to look at it (and eveything else) simply is to count 30 people out one by one instead of multiplying 5 by 6. (Or even simpler, see a group of people and guess theres 100 since it's a nice round number)

There is atleast 1 cat. There is atleast 1 dog. There is exactly one mouse.

Based upon this information, you can say Mouse = 1, Cat >=1 Dog >=1.
If I told you to feed a cat a mouse(mouse -1), and remove the cat(cat-1), that doesn't mean that the dog cannot still chase a cat. (Cat >=0) A dog however, cannot chase a mouse. (mouse = 0)

Now If I didnt give you any of these numbers or anything (Thus, Cat = X, Dog = Y, Mouse = Z) and I said you fed a cat a mouse and removed the cat. (Cat -1, Mouse -1)

Can the dog chase a mouse or a cat? (IF X=0, OR, Y=0,OR Z=0, THEN, Answer = 0 (no))

Does x-1 = 0? does y-0 = 0? Does z-1 = 0? You can't tell based off of this information.

(Actually, If X=0 AND Z=0, OR Y=0, THEN answer = 0) [Edit button dissapeared? Meant ending question to imply one or the other{two questions} rather than chunk question as typed]

cnredd said:
A SHORT TEST FOR SMART PEOPLE.

The following short quiz consists of 4 questions and will tell you
whether you are qualified to be a professional. Scroll down for each
answer. The questions are NOT that difficult. But don't scroll down UNTIL
you have answered the question!

1.How do you put a giraffe into a refrigerator?

The correct answer is: Open the refrigerator, put in the giraffe, and
close the door. This question tests whether you tend to do simple things

2. How do you put an elephant into a refrigerator?

Correct Answer: Open the refrigerator, take out the giraffe, put in the
elephant and close the door. This tests your ability to think through the
repercussions of your previous actions.

Not necessairly. You mentioned "a refrigerator", so we do not know whether it is the same or not.

cnredd said:
3. The Lion King is hosting an animal conference. All the animals
attend... except one. Which animal does not attend?

Correct Answer: The Elephant. The elephant is in the refrigerator.
You just put him in there. This tests your memory. Okay, even if you did
not answer the first three questions correctly, you still have one more
chance to show your true abilities.

No date and time is given for the conference.

cnredd said:
4.There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles, and
you do not have a boat. How do you manage it?

Correct Answer: You jump into the river and swim across. Have you not
been listening? All the crocodiles are attending the Animal Meeting. This

No date and time for given when to cross the river. It can be after the meeting as well.

cnredd said:
According to Anderson Consulting Worldwide, around 90% of the
professionals they tested got all questions wrong, but many preschoolers
got several correct answers. Anderson Consulting says this conclusively
disproves the theory that most professionals have the brains of a
four-year-old.

The answers are all wrong. Basically I would have to answer "If the meeting is still going on ... else" and the second question must poin to "the refrigerator" to show it is the same refrigerator.

Back
Top Bottom