• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A SCIENTIFIC treatise from an expert on why masks don't work and why so many are getting infected.

Paradoxical

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Here is a link of a podcast given way in June by the bow top adviser to Biden regarding masks. I can't include the ODF as it is too long and have just highlighted some of his remarks

Many of you have called me names, said I was continually wrong, I dint know what I was talking about regarding masks, etc., etc. Not that it bothers me. It just shows how illiterate the leftwingers in America are today and just willy nilly accept what they read in the dreadful and lying NY Times, Wapo, or on CNN or MSNBS. I am highlighting in bold all the things I said in the past in the hopes that it will shut all of those naysayers out there about masks worn by the public. I have said on many occasions that the surgical masks do not stop the airborne particles with much effectiveness and when you add in the openings on the sides of one's nose, you get a torrent of COVID coming through. Hopefully after reading the below many of you will understand that the only way to protect yourself from Covid is a properly fitting N95 mask. NOT a cloth mask or surgical mask. .

"We just can’t hope something will work. As my coworkers will attest, I often say, “Show me the data!”

I will stick to the science, not emotions. First, let me be very clear: I believe there may be a role for cloth mask use with this pandemic….. I am not against wearing cloth masks in the community. However, the public needs and deserves to know the science behind this issue,…….
the news about cloth masks is not coming from anyone with any expertise in aerosol science. my professional colleagues have no real understanding of aerosol science and the physics of respiratory virus transmission, but are very willing to present themselves to the media as such experts. An MD or PhD in disciplines other than aerosol science or respiratory protection does not automatically make one an expert in these areas. (This is for Jaeger and other alleged doctors)

Because surgical masks aren't fitted or sealed, they leave gaps around the mouth so you're not filtering all the air that comes in.” we were now beginning to see was that aerosol transmission of this virus is very important. On April 3rd, the CDC The document entitled, "Recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings, " stated that “In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. The recommendation was published without a single scientific paper or other information provided to support that cloth masks actually provide any respiratory protection. There were seven reports or papers listed as “Recent Studies” that detailed the risk of presymptomatic or asymptomatic transmission. There was nothing about how well such masks protect against virus transmission, particularly from aerosol-related transmission. Never before in my 45 year career have I seen such a far-reaching public recommendation issued by any governmental agency without a single source of data or information to support it. This is an extremely worrisome precedent of implementing policies not based on science-based data or why they were issued without such data. If these cloth masks do little to reduce virus transmission due in large part to their lack of protection against aerosol inhalation or exhalation,
I urge you go online to the CDC website yourself and you’ll not find one piece of information supporting that cloth masks are effective in reducing respiratory virus transmission. Ironically, what you will find is that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, an institute that is part of CDC, states on the CDC site the following; “A surgical mask does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection”; and “that leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when the user inhales.”

He reiterates all that in the video which is just 20 seconds long where he basically says the only good protection is a properly fitting N95 mask. ALL of you have been duped and fooled foe a year and a half now. I have told all of you the same thing this ADVISER to Biden said in June of 2020 and what he said in the video.

Here is a link of a podcast given way in June by the bow top adviser to Biden regarding masks. I can't include the ODF as it is too long and have just highlighted some of his remarks

Many of you have called me names, said I was continually wrong, I dint know what I was talking about regarding masks, etc., etc. Not that it bothers me. It just shows how illiterate the leftwingers in America are today and just willy nilly accept what they read in the dreadful and lying NY Times, Wapo, or on CNN or MSNBS. I am highlighting in bold all the things I said in the past in the hopes that it will shut all of those naysayers out there about masks worn by the public. I have said on many occasions that the surgical masks do not stop the airborne particles with much effectiveness and when you add in the openings on the sides of one's nose, you get a torrent of COVID coming through. Hopefully after reading the below many of you will understand that the only way to protect yourself from Covid is a properly fitting N95 mask. NOT a cloth mask or surgical mask. .

"We just can’t hope something will work. As my coworkers will attest, I often say, “Show me the data!”

I will stick to the science, not emotions. First, let me be very clear: I believe there may be a role for cloth mask use with this pandemic….. I am not against wearing cloth masks in the community. However, the public needs and deserves to know the science behind this issue,…….
the news about cloth masks is not coming from anyone with any expertise in aerosol science. my professional colleagues have no real understanding of aerosol science and the physics of respiratory virus transmission, but are very willing to present themselves to the media as such experts. An MD or PhD in disciplines other than aerosol science or respiratory protection does not automatically make one an expert in these areas. (This is for Jaeger and other alleged doctors)

Because surgical masks aren't fitted or sealed, they leave gaps around the mouth so you're not filtering all the air that comes in.” we were now beginning to see was that aerosol transmission of this virus is very important. On April 3rd, the CDC The document entitled, "Recommendation regarding the use of cloth face coverings, " stated that “In light of this new evidence, CDC recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. The recommendation was published without a single scientific paper or other information provided to support that cloth masks actually provide any respiratory protection. There were seven reports or papers listed as “Recent Studies” that detailed the risk of presymptomatic or asymptomatic transmission. There was nothing about how well such masks protect against virus transmission, particularly from aerosol-related transmission. Never before in my 45 year career have I seen such a far-reaching public recommendation issued by any governmental agency without a single source of data or information to support it. This is an extremely worrisome precedent of implementing policies not based on science-based data or why they were issued without such data. If these cloth masks do little to reduce virus transmission due in large part to their lack of protection against aerosol inhalation or exhalation,
I urge you go online to the CDC website yourself and you’ll not find one piece of information supporting that cloth masks are effective in reducing respiratory virus transmission. Ironically, what you will find is that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, an institute that is part of CDC, states on the CDC site the following; “A surgical mask does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection”; and “that leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when the user inhales.”

He reiterates all that in the video which is just 20 seconds long where he basically says the only good protection is a properly fitting N95 mask. ALL of you have been duped and fooled foe a year and a half now. I have told all of you the same thing this ADVISER to Biden said in June of 2020 and what he said in the video.

You wear a mask to protect others from you.

Not the other way around.

Derp.

The primary purpose of a surgical mask is to mitigate the effects of liquid such as blood or saliva. It doesn't do much to prevent aerosol viral transmission. They might help if the person spreading the virus is coughing or sneezing but not so much if they're just breathing.

Failed Fact Checks

Overall, we rate RedState borderline Questionable and strongly Right Biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of emotionally loaded (sensationalized) headlines. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing of information and several failed fact checks

images.png

Failed Fact Checks

Overall, we rate RedState borderline Questionable and strongly Right Biased, based on story selection that always favors the right and use of emotionally loaded (sensationalized) headlines. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to poor sourcing of information and several failed fact checks

View attachment 67346004
Ummmm, this is NOT Red State. This is a verbatim podcast from Bidens Corona virus expert and a video of yesterday by him.

Why don't you read better?

The primary purpose of a surgical mask is to mitigate the effects of liquid such as blood or saliva. It doesn't do much to prevent aerosol viral transmission. They might help if the person spreading the virus is coughing or sneezing but not so much if they're just breathing.
That is ALL they are good for. Some hobo coughing in your face on a subway.

You wear a mask to protect others from you.

Not the other way around.

Derp.
As has been reiterated time and again for about 18 months now. Yet, somehow, this is just too difficult of a concept to grasp.

An illustration that ha been around for awhile sums this up nicely

1628018373042.png

This is one of the reasons why COVID is surging more so in Red States. They have been fighting masks/safety since day one.

Oh well. Can't save them now.

As has been reiterated time and again for about 18 months now. Yet, somehow, this is just too difficult of a concept to grasp.

View attachment 67346009
OMG, that example might be too simple for the already simply minded folks who scream "Masks don't work."

Get vaccinated.
What does that have to do with the head adviser to Biden saying masks don't work and giving a podcast explaining why.....something I have been telling you forever.

View attachment 67346009
please read the transcript of the Podcast made by Biden’s head Covid advisor, Thanks

OMG, that example might be too simple for the already simply minded folks who scream "Masks don't work."
Why don’t you email Biden’s head Covid advisor abd tell him you are really smot and know more than he does?

What does that have to do with the head adviser to Biden saying masks don't work and giving a podcast explaining why.....something I have been telling you forever.

please read the transcript of the Podcast made by Biden’s head Covid advisor, Thanks
QUOTE:
He said that we needed to talk about “better masking” and N95 masks.

AND YOUR HEADING:

why masks don't work​

And you wonder why no one takes you seriously?

QUOTE this unnamed "advisor" stating masks don't work.

QUOTE:

AND YOUR HEADING:

why masks don't work​

Do you take Bidens Covid advisor serioisly?

?There are no such studies conducted that use surgical masks in an experimental setting with SARS-CoC-2. The bottom line is that this MASKS4ALL letter makes it look like there is a body of data supporting cloth mask use that doesn’t exist. This same group claims that places and time periods where mask usage is required or widespread have been shown to substantially lower community transmission of SARS-CoV-2. In fact, in countries experiencing COVID-19 outbreaks many other control measures were put in place at the same time that mask use may have increased."

"The filtration testing of the surgical mask material found a penetration rate of 44%, meaning that 44% of the particles came through the mask and for the cloth mask it was 97%. This means that in the filtration studies only 3% of the particles in that test were stopped by the cloth material."

"A tight face fit forces the air you are breathing in or out to come through the mask material which has an electrostatic charge which traps the viruses. Surgical masks do not do that. They have gaps on the side. They do have a material that may capture droplet particles that are coughed or sneezed out. But, when you think about this issue, remember that surgical masks just don’t fit tight to your face and there's no requirement they fit."

Tell me again how he said the cloth masks and surgical masks "work"

While you're at it, tell me if you ever wore a N95 mask or have seen more than a handful wearing them or stop your nonsense.

QUOTE:

AND YOUR HEADING:

why masks don't work​

Here ya go, snowflake. that's a good name for you, BTW.

Here ya go, snowflake. that's a good name for you, BTW.
Like I haven't heard that one like a million times, if you are going to mock me come up with something original, sheesh!

wonder_40x40.gif

Like I haven't heard that one like a million times, if you are going to mock me come up with something original, sheesh!

View attachment 67346032
We need to talk about N-95 respirators

When's the last time you wore one, snowflake?

BTW, that he is calling for N95s means the cloth and medical masks are and were a sham and a placebo.

What have I been trying to tell all of you for 18 months now???
Joe Biden’s top covid advisor just went on CNN and admitted the masks people are wearing don’t work against covid," OutKick's Clay Travis tweeted. "As I’ve been saying, this is all just cosmetic theater."

"As we have been saying from the start, masks are simply an arbitrary government power grab," Ohio Republican congressional candidate Jonah Schulz said.

Others wondered when they would see some accountability, particularly after the CDC advised universal masking for schoolchildren.

PS. This is from an expert on YOUR side, folks!!!

When's the last time you wore one, snowflake?

BTW, that he is calling for N95s means the cloth and medical masks are and were a sham and a placebo.

What have I been trying to tell all of you for 18 months now???

PS. This is from an expert on YOUR side, folks!!!
see comment #11, maybe cartoons will help you to understand

see comment #11, maybe cartoons will help you to understand
I don't do cartoons or pee pants like some teen posters here. I do science and what qualified experts say such as this.

Ironically, what you will find is that the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, an institute that is part of CDC, states on the CDC site the following; “A surgical mask does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection”; and “that leakage occurs around the edge of the mask when the user inhales.” One must logically ask, how can one part of CDC state that surgical masks do not provide adequate protection against aerosol exposure and then another part of CDC states we should use cloth masks to provide community protection from SARS-CoV-2 even though we know cloth masks are less effective in reducing the inhalation or exhalation of aerosols than are surgical masks…… In short, I believe that CDC has failed the public by creating this confusion

So the little cartoon about people peeing through their pants like I'm sure some of the posters do here applies ONLY to larger COVID droplets from sneezes and coughs,

PS. Your tribe is no longer bailing you out here, snowflake. Time to admit you have no clue and the Democrat's own expert is saying the ONLY mask that works would be a N95 mask that is properly fitted and certified.

Will the CDC switch again and mandate N95s now, admitting they didn't know what the eff they were talking about all along and the great Paradoxical DID!???

PPS. How many lives were lost because the CDC didn't know what they were talking about and said cloth masks and surgical masks were OK? 500,000 more, a million?

I don't do cartoons or pee pants like some teen posters here. I do science and what qualified experts say such as this.

So the little cartoon about people peeing through their pants like I'm sure some of the posters do here applies ONLY to larger COVID droplets from sneezes and coughs,

PS. Your tribe is no longer bailing you out here, snowflake. Time to admit you have no clue and the Democrat's own expert is saying the ONLY mask that works would be a N95 mask that is properly fitted and certified.

Will the CDC switch again and mandate N95s now, admitting they didn't know what the eff they were talking about all along and the great Paradoxical DID!???
ok, look, anyone can find whatever they want on the net, this doctor says this, that doctor says that, and pick and chose whatever someone says that confirms OUR POSITION.
you don't want to wear a mask, then don't. My wife and I are fully vaccinated and continue to wear masks in crowds.
I don't give a rat's ass about semantics, does this mask work better than that one, the fact is because of the guidelines, our countries missed a flu season (and yes, you can google that as well), so you don't want to wear a mask - then don't.

at least have the decency and courtesy then to avoid large crowds or being around unvaccinated people, hopefully you CAN DO that much.
if you can't, well that says something about you, and we can leave it at that.

Back
Top Bottom