• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A scary story

scottyz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/portalndpolicegestaporaid14aug05.shtml

[Editor's Note: This story picks up from an illegal nighttime raid by Portland Police on August 10, 2005 at the home of Roger Weidner in order to arrest Lynnae Lake and take her 9 year daughter, Emily, into 'protective' custody, but the genesis of the story lies in Lynnae's activities to bring legal action against a chemical plant located 5 miles from her home in Michigan. Accusing someone of being a 'child abuser', of course, and putting the Child Protective Services dogs on them is the fastest way, unfortunately, to take out a muckraker these days The unbelievably abusive and criminal behavior of the Portland Police in this case exceeds anything that I've read of in recent memory. The child custody hearing on this case was moved up to Monday, August 15, 2005. ..Ken Adachi]

By Will Gaston
http://educate-yourself.org/cn/portalndpolicegestaporaid14aug05.shtml
August 14, 2005

Portland, Oregon. On August 10, 2005, Lynnae Lake, Family Rights activist from Michigan and co-host of "A Voice for Children Radio Show" was arrested at the home of Roger Weidner, long time defender of family rights. When Roger attempted to discover why police surrounded his house and that of his 95 year old mother.

Weidner was told by police "you know why we are here - where are they?".

Weidner said he had no idea what they were talking about and where was their warrant?

Roger was told they "didn't need a warrant". Roger was immediately arrested and thrown into the back of a police car - one of seven which surrounded his house. .

Twelve police officers of the Portland Police Department stormed into the house terrorizing his 95 year old mother as she took a bath. No names were called out, nor did they attempt to identify who they were searching for. The search went on for an hour.

Lynnae and her 9 year old daughter were in the basement calling individuals to say that the police had broken into Roger's house and had arrested Roger for unknown reasons and were pounding all over upstairs on both levels. Lynnae and her daughter were told by people on the phone to secure themselves as safely as possible while attempts were going to be made to see what was going on.

The police spent many long minutes banging around and just saying "Come out!. We know you are here". Finally they headed for the basement calling they were bringing attack dogs and "they" would be bitten.

Frightened beyond belief and in complete fear for their lives, Emily and her mom prayed for relief from this unknown attack from without. The dog was heard snarling and growling and the police saying "get 'em, get 'em" and "down, down" apparently to the snarling animal. The police also said tasers were going to be used. Again, total terror reigned as the mom and Emily cried and prayed for this nightmare to end.

A door was kicked in and all kinds of shouting occurred on the part of the police. The police then pepper sprayed 9 year old Emily. Emily was completely without the ability to breathe and was instantly throwing up. Her mother tried to rinse her, pushing her under a shower and trying to get her to breathe. The police turned off the water and the mom turned it back on and the shower was again turned on and off over and over. The Mom cried out "for heaven's sake she is just a child!!!"

And the police pepper sprayed them again with Emily once again getting the worst of it.

Mom was thrown and tackled on the basements steps by several officers while Emily was ripped from her arms. Emily was choking and screaming "don't hurt my mom" and "I want my mom" while other officers held her.

Lynnae was handcuffed and hauled up the stairs and thrown on the floor of the breakfast nook. The police themselves were all choking, gagging and coughing. Emily was removed screaming from the house. The police said to her "it is OK, you can trust us we are the police". Emily said "you are the police, I DON'T trust you" and the officers said "oh, good parent to teach your child that!".

Emily was forced to watch her mom being hauled out to a police car and driven away, Roger Weidner, whom she also trusted, was also in a police car. She called out "I love you " to her mom and her mom called back "I love you too don't forget the phone" and then was gone.

Roger was then released from the police car while Emily was taken away in a another police car. At no time was a DHS/CPS worker seen to protect the safety of this little girl - but hey, isn't that the police's job too?

Emily was allowed to make a phone call out several hours later to Nancy Luckhurst of the Foundation for Children's Rights in Michigan and the caseworker promised both of them that Emily would be allowed to call again. Emily has not been heard from since.

In jail, the mother was severely beaten and threatened several times. At no time were charges expressed against her or was she read her rights. She on the other hand demanded by what authority had kidnapped her and her child and arrested them all on assault and battery, kidnapping and unlawful endangerment of individuals particularly a minor child. She repeatedly demanded the inmate manual and complaint forms. She demanded the whereabouts of her daughter and for someone to check on Mrs. Weidner as she believed that Roger too had been arrested.

One police officer (of two who were pulling her hair, while three others held her while she was double shackled) screamed "how would you like me to rip your ****ing hair out of your scalp?" Plucky woman that she is, she replied just as loudly "DO IT" and they did.

About 24 hours later now charges were supposed to be against Lynnae for custodial interference, but the charges never matured. An arraignment was to be held. Surprisingly, this arraignment was at the same time as a "secret" "shelter hearing held in another court was going on for Emily. No notice of this "shelter" hearing for Emily was given to Lynnae.

This family is well known and loved here in Oregon and by me personally. Many supporters rallied on such short notice and different groups went to the different courts.

No arraignment happened for Lynnae - no charges were brought and she was told she would be released in a couple of hours. Because of no charges or arraignment of Lynnae I was able to head over to the "shelter" hearing with a group of outraged citizens.

Lynnae found out through a phone call she was allowed to make to Nancy Luckhurst back in Michigan that there was a hearing for Emily happening at the same time. She demanded to the "court officers" of the jail her right to be at this hearing and the fact she had not been served notice. She was basically told 'too bad'.

Several hours went by and release did not come. Two officers said "we have good news and bad news: you have no charges, but now you have a fugitive warrant from Michigan and we can't let you out". Lynnae calmly said OK and called Nancy once again to say she was now not going to be released.

Not one professional, including the court attorney appointed for Lynnae, Lissa Kaufman , even mentioned the fact the mother was not served notice of the "shelter" hearing and that this hearing should be postponed until such time as she could attend.

The Gallery held at least 12 supporters of this family including myself, Will Gaston, Roger Weidner, Susan Detlefsen of Motherinterrupted TV show, a DHS worker who had been on Susan's show stating the corruption of the system, and Larry Jackson a prominent business and newspaper man. Many stood on the authority of AMICUS CUREA (Friend of the Court) to protest the hearing, the fact the mother was not present, Emily was not present among other things.

.... character limit

All Ill be impressed upon to say is that it is too early to decide clearly what is distorted, made up, or actually true. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds though.

Gideon said:
All Ill be impressed upon to say is that it is too early to decide clearly what is distorted, made up, or actually true. It will be interesting to see how this unfolds though.

One police officer (of two who were pulling her hair, while three others held her while she was double shackled)

Five officers around a double shackled woman?

I am guessing you are right, but it would be nice to make sure she's not another one of those crazy woman (michael jackson case anyone?)
Media and people can make all kinds of lies, although these do seem to be liable.

Back
Top Bottom