• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Sad Reflexion on Today's News

Middleground

Lucky Beaver!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
There are plenty of places I could have placed this video on DP, but I ultimately decided this would be the most appropriate. As hilarious as this video is, I think it's a sad reflexion on the state of today's TV news. The anchor woman states that the names of the pilots were confirmed, but it doesn't take Einstein to determine that thy were duped.

There are plenty of places I could have placed this video on DP, but I ultimately decided this would be the most appropriate. As hilarious as this video is, I think it's a sad reflexion on the state of today's TV news. The anchor woman states that the names of the pilots were confirmed, but it doesn't take Einstein to determine that thy were duped.

I can't even believe this is true!!!! OMG!!!! :rofl

Here's more:

In seeking to verify the names with the National Transportation Safety Board, an unidentified KTVU reporter who made the call to the government agency's public affairs office didn't read the names out loud. KTVU didn't clarify how the names were conveyed to the NTSB representative, who turned out to be a summer intern.

The KTVU reporter also failed to ask for the identify of the NTSB intern who confirmed the spellings of the names.

"We heard this person verify the information without questioning who they were and then rushed the names on our noon newscast," KTVU's note read.

The NTSB also issued its apology late Friday afternoon for "inaccurate and offensive names that were mistakenly confirmed as those of the pilots."

"A summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority when he erroneously confirmed the names of the flight crew on the aircraft," its statement said. "The NTSB does not release or confirm the names of crew members or people involved in transportation accidents to the media. We work hard to ensure that only appropriate factual information regarding an investigation is released and deeply regret today's incident. Appropriate actions will be taken to ensure that such a serious error is not repeated."

KTVU sorry for on-air Asiana pilot name gaffe

Not a brain cell firing. Jesus.

We have clearance, Clarence

Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Were they all then treated to a meal with cum of sum yung guy by the FAA? ;)

It is rumoured that Asians often name their offspring by dropping the family silverware on the floor and then jotting down the precise sound that it makes. ;)

It is rumoured that Asians often name their offspring by dropping the family silverware on the floor and then jotting down the precise sound that it makes. ;)

Then I want whatever silverware makes the sound "fuk."

KTVU is a Fox News affiliate.

KTVU is a Fox News affiliate.
OMG! Call in the FBI! :doh

As for the story.
What's to say? But for the fact that there are dead folks, it is hilarious all the way around.

Hearing her read them just had me cracking up! How could you miss that??? how?

Asiana says it may sue over bogus pilot names report

I believe that the White House issued a statement saying that the President feels awful about the crash and that if he'd had a Korean son, he would have named him Ho Lee Fuk Obama.

It's only fair...

... they dupe the gullible and ill informed on a daily basis.

Well, on the other hand look at some asian grocery marts names like Hung Thang and Long Dong. I guess they can get away with it but c'mon. Really?!

It's only fair...

... they dupe the gullible and ill informed on a daily basis.

There used to be a time when the media cared about getting it right. That mistakes were shameful. Now, it's not a big deal to spew garbage. The sheeple don't seem to care.

Back
Top Bottom