• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Sad Reflexion on Today's News

There are plenty of places I could have placed this video on DP, but I ultimately decided this would be the most appropriate. As hilarious as this video is, I think it's a sad reflexion on the state of today's TV news. The anchor woman states that the names of the pilots were confirmed, but it doesn't take Einstein to determine that thy were duped.

I lolled my ass off. I also agree 100%. This is a perfect example of why one should take time to gather and verify facts, instead of rushing to be the first to report. This is the same reason why every mass shooting starts off as eleven guys armed with machine guns and dobermans.

They need to stop being sensationalists, take a breath for once, wait for the facts to come in, and step the **** off so real people can do their real jobs.

Last edited:
There are plenty of places I could have placed this video on DP, but I ultimately decided this would be the most appropriate. As hilarious as this video is, I think it's a sad reflexion on the state of today's TV news. The anchor woman states that the names of the pilots were confirmed, but it doesn't take Einstein to determine that thy were duped.

TV news is delivered in a very fast paced environment where reporters and producers are all handling multiple things at once with quickly approaching deadlines. It can be a high adrenaline madhouse behind the scenes. If information is coming from a source as legitimate as the NTSB, under this circumstance I would completely understand trusting it as accurate. There is no question the NTSB gave the TV station that information and in consideration of the 100mph culture of a TV news operation that can rival the floor of the NYSE, I cannot hold the TV station at fault.

Plus, it was a little comic relief in an otherwise tragic story. I personally chuckled a little when I saw it. Is it really that offensive?

Last edited:
It's offensive. Also silly. Maybe talking-heads should look over what they're going to read on air and not be like "Ted Baxter" (on the Mary Tyler Moore) show?

Anyway, this should be very instructive for interns: How to blow up your career before it's even begun with one little ha-ha.

Back
Top Bottom