• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A reporter tried to ask Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene about her false claims. The journalist was threatened with arrest.

Stealers Wheel

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Now this is how to stage a town hall meeting! Don't let the press ask questions and screen all questions from your constituents beforehand.

“I’m talking to my constituents,” Greene said, refusing to listen to the reporter’s question or offer any response.
Then, staffers from Greene’s office told the reporter she had “caused a disturbance” and demanded that she and her team leave, WRCB reported Wednesday night. A sheriff’s deputy threatened to arrest Aldis and her crew for trespassing at the public town hall, which reporters had been invited to attend, the station reported.

. . .
Greene has dismissed criticism from her colleagues and has called reporting about her past posts “fake news.” Her office also defended the decision on Wednesday to kick Aldis out of the town hall.

“This was a town hall for constituents. Not a press conference,” Nick Dyer, a spokesman for Greene’s office, told The Washington Post in an email. “Every attendee (besides media) was allowed to ask a question and Congresswoman Greene answered every question.”
But according to WRCB, an NBC affiliate in Chattanooga, Tenn., the reporters had credentials to attend the event and were told only after arriving that they would not be allowed to ask questions of Greene or anyone else at the town hall. The station also reported that Dalton residents had to register to attend the event and submit their questions for Greene in advance.
LINK

Now this is how to stage a town hall meeting! Don't let the press ask questions and screen all questions from your constituents beforehand.
It's more efficient this way. Nobody has to kill the messenger if you never let the press get the message to begin with.

How very odd. I thought it was the conservatives, not the press, that were the victims of out-of-control censorship. 🤷‍♂️
The press was not censored. They simply were not allowed to ask questions. They were informed of this when they arrived at the town hall. When a reporter insisted on asking a question, she and her crew were tossed out. She reported the incident ON THE AIR later that day. See? No censorship, just excellent management of a public event. /snark

I'm beginning to think Greene could be the next Trump. She has many of the right qualifications.

The press was not censored. They simply were not allowed to ask questions. They were informed of this when they arrived at the town hall. When a reporter insisted on asking a question, she and her crew were tossed out. She reported the incident ON THE AIR later that day. See? No censorship, just excellent management of a public event. /snark

I'm beginning to think Greene could be the next Trump. She has many of the right qualifications.

Agreed. Looking forward to the internecine warfare between her and Ivanka Trump for inheritance of the Trump mantle. Trump Name vs. Trump Brain.

Green might displace Ivanka as the Heir Abhorrent.

I saw the video of Greene claiming Americans have lost rights and we need to get them back, you know, with violence. What the **** is she talking about?

I saw the video of Greene claiming Americans have lost rights and we need to get them back, you know, with violence. What the **** is she talking about?

Jewish space aliens.

No shit. That's what she believes.

Jewish space aliens.

No shit. That's what she believes.

Well, Jewish space lasers, to be exact. I'm sure she believes there are aliens on earth too.

Well, Jewish space lasers, to be exact. I'm sure she believes there are aliens on earth too.

I stand corrected. Jewish space lasers.

She believes the forest fires in CA were caused by laser beams from Jewish space people.
Yeah, I don't doubt it, but how is that taking away any of her rights?

The last gasps of the pathetically desperate and hopelessly ignorant. In Arizona the Trump acolytes "censor" McCain's wife. This piece of shit defaults to Trump's "fake news" to avoid what a clear piece of shit she is.

The GOP needs an enema. Time for McConnell to prove that he has a set of balls and rescue his Party from the garbage.

The last gasps of the pathetically desperate and hopelessly ignorant. In Arizona the Trump acolytes "censor" McCain's wife. This piece of shit defaults to Trump's "fake news" to avoid what a clear piece of shit she is.

The GOP needs an enema. Time for McConnell to prove that he has a set of balls and rescue his Party from the garbage.
It does seem as though the GOP and QAnon are merging.

The press scares the right to death. How pathetic.

Well, all press outside of far-right propaganda.

Everything scares them to death, this is what makes them so irrational and so easily manipulatable. Paranoia and eternal victimhood are a part of the conservative psyche.

- Gays will make them gay.

- Blacks want what they work hard for.

- Mexicans want their jobs.

- Muslims want Sharia.

- Jews want to control them and drink their blood (while defining their Christianity by placing Israel ahead of America).

- The "deep-state" controls it all.

- Democrats want their children in their secret pedophile ring in D.C. and under pizza parlors.

It's exhausting.

Well, all press outside of far-right propaganda.

Everything scares them to death, this is what makes them so irrational and so easily manipulatable. Paranoia and eternal victimhood are a part of the conservative psyche.

- Gays will make them gay.

- Blacks want what they work hard for.

- Mexicans want their jobs.

- Muslims want Sharia.

- Jews want to control them and drink their blood (while defining their Christianity by placing Israel ahead of America).

- The "deep-state" controls it all.

- Democrats want their children in their secret pedophile ring in D.C. and under pizza parlors.

It's exhausting.

Don't forget all the caravans coming here to eat their children.

It does seem as though the GOP and QAnon are merging.

I think that Republicans within the GOP, not the average dipshit who cares more about Hannity and Trump, are imploding and lashing out at each other because January 6 was like a shock throughout their extremist program.

- The more extreme are desperate to keep the BS going.
- The less extreme are desperate to pull the GOP away from the alt-Right, which has defined the Party for years.

It does come down to McConnell to prove that his Party actually cares to serve the country or itself. Garbage like this Greene, who has received grief from her fellow Republican for her clear determination to grovel for a defeated Trump, clearly cares nothing about the country and only about herself. It's the exact crap that led the GOP to such a low treasonous state in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom