• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A report card on the Biden administration

With the Dow adding 189 points today, still another record was set.

That was last Thursday. Today, Monday, the Dow was up another 175 points, setting still another record.

That is four days in row that the Dow has set a record.

The market really likes what the Trump administration is doing while GOP is left out in the cold. Little wonder as to why they want to restrict the number of people voting in states governed by Republicans.

Of course, Putin wanted the mindless, incompetent Trump reelected.

The Times reports, "President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia authorized extensive efforts to hurt the candidacy of Joseph R. Biden Jr. during last year’s election, including by mounting covert operations to influence people close to former President Donald J. Trump, according to a declassified intelligence report released Tuesday.

"The report did not name those people but seemed to be a reference to the work of Mr. Trump’s former personal lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani, who relentlessly pushed allegations of corruption about Mr. Biden and his family involving Ukraine."

The report also found that there were no efforts by Russia or other countries to change voter registration or the ballots themselves.

"Russia sought to influence how the American public saw the two major candidates “as well as advance Moscow’s longstanding goals of undermining confidence in U.S. election processes,” the report said.

Russia was aided in their efforts by Trump who began asserting in mid-summer that the coming election would be fraudulent.

Russia was further aided by Trump, the Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, Three Percenters, and QAnon when they mounted an insurrection in the halls of Congress on Jan. 6. Further undermining the "public confidence in the electoral process and exacerbate sociopolitical divisions in the US," Trump insisted on that day that the election had been stolen from him, thus prompting the violence that followed. No doubt Putin was enormously pleased with his efforts on that day.

For more on the report see https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/politics/us-election-intel-report/index.html

Last edited:
Contrary to what the Trump administration told us, China decided to sit this one out.

The Times report also said, "The declassified report represented the most comprehensive intelligence assessment of foreign efforts to influence the 2020 vote. Besides Russia, Iran and other countries also sought to influence the election, the report said. China considered efforts to influence the presidential vote, but ultimately concluded that they would fail and likely backfire, intelligence officials concluded."

Politico reports, "President Joe Biden on Tuesday warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin will “pay a price” in the wake of a new report from the U.S. intelligence community that concluded the Kremlin interfered in the 2020 White House race.

"In a segment from his interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos that was taped Tuesday and aired Wednesday, Biden said he had told Putin in January — during their first call as foreign counterparts — to expect repercussions for potentially seeking to sway the most recent presidential election.

“We had a long talk, he and I,” Biden said. “I know him relatively well. And the conversation started off, I said, ‘I know you, and you know me. If I establish this occurred, then be prepared.’”

Politico added, "Biden declined to elaborate on the consequences Putin would face, saying that “you’ll see shortly.” But he maintained the U.S. could “walk and chew gum at the same time” with regard to its Russia foreign policy."

Name-calling, shunning and assault were among the nearly 3,800 hate incidents reported against Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders nationwide over the last year, according to Stop AAPI Hate.

Stop AAPI Hate was formed in March of last year to prevent discrimination during the coronavirus pandemic. The group collects data on hate and harassment incidents against Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders in the United States.

The Times reports "Six of the eight people killed in the shootings at Atlanta-area spas on Tuesday were women of Asian descent, raising fears that they could have been targeted because of their race, even as the police said it was too early to know.

The President of the United States blamed China for the pandemic that has taken the lives of over 550,000 Americans.

Trump made clear who he blames for the coronavirus pandemic.

"It's China's fault, it should never have happened," the President said, before referring to the virus as the "China plague."

Speaking only for myself, I WANT rational sane conservatives to have a good voice.
Emphasis on "GOOD" because I WANT rational and sane liberals to also have a good voice.
And I WANT both sides to argue, argue all day long if need be, but I WANT them to argue with respect and dignity, and to treat each other as people who do not see the other side as an enemy that doesn't deserve to survive but instead as "the loyal opposition"...like a friendly football rivalry.
But when they "hit the field", I want the winners to be the American people, not this or that political party.
If the American people do not win, then the teams are not doing their jobs properly.

For ANY of this to proceed, both parties MUST take an inward look and ask themselves if there are members who are not in the job for the American people but only for their own lust for power.
This may become the case if we vote for the best as opposed to blindly voting for a party.

President Joe R. Biden, how refreshing that sounds. What a refreshing day. Our divisive, erratic, foolish, conspiratorial, narcissistic President is gone, replaced by a President who deeply wants to unite us. Barring ill-advised preconceived notions about President Biden, his task should be easy. We are all Americans.

That said, although I voted for Biden for obvious reasons, not unlike 81 million Americans who did the same, I am a conservative Independent. That's official. In CA, we have to declare our political posture. Until I was driven out by Trump, for over a quarter of a century I was a declared Republican. I voted for Biden, but I have some reservations concerning him, mostly having to do with taxation and spending.

I said all that because I want to be honest with readers. I want them to know where I am coming from.

Whether or not Biden will be a good President is obviously an open question, but I think he is a good man. He will do his best to unite us and adopt policies that benefit all Americans, while removing those policies that do us harm. He wants the United States to rejoin the community of nations, and the days of isolation and making unitary decisions that involve other nations, in particular our traditional allies, are over.

The European Union's top politician, Ursula von der Leyen, said it best. "After four long years, Europe has a friend in the White House."

For the first time in four years, there is optimism in America created by a popular President. 59% of Americans approve of Biden.

On day one, Trump's approval rating was 40%, and, although it went lower than that, it never got much higher. Thus the reason for American optimism.
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Don't listen to what they say...look at what they do.

1. Biden...first day in office...job killer.
2. Next, he opened the border floodgates.
3. He authorized billions to be paid to Iran, ala Obama.

And now, his newly confirmed Trade Representative, Katherine Tai , will likely be the best thing that ever happened for China. American manufacturers and workers...not so much.

The list goes on...

When Ursula von der Leyen talks about "a friend in the White House", I expect she's really talking about a friend with deep pockets and a willingness to pull the green out of those pockets.

EVERYONE is your friend when you give them money. When you stop...well, turns out they aren't really your friends, after all.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Don't listen to what they say...look at what they do.

1. Biden...first day in office...job killer.
2. Next, he opened the border floodgates.
3. He authorized billions to be paid to Iran, ala Obama.

Mycroft, why don't you send me a check for a $1,000. I promise you'll get it right back.
If by chance I instead hold it for 40 years but ultimately give it back with interest, will you agree I am "giving" you money or "paying" you money?

The Times reports, "President Vladimir V. Putin of Russia authorized extensive efforts to hurt the candidacy of Joseph R. Biden Jr. during last year’s election, including by mounting covert operations to influence people close to former President Donald J. Trump, according to a declassified intelligence report released Tuesday.
Politico reports, "President Joe Biden on Tuesday warned that Russian President Vladimir Putin will “pay a price” in the wake of a new report from the U.S. intelligence community that concluded the Kremlin interfered in the 2020 White House race.

NBC News reports, "Moscow responded angrily Thursday after President Joe Biden labeled Russian leader Vladimir Putin a "killer" and said he would “pay a price” for 2020 election interference.

"Russia recalled its ambassador to the United States on Wednesday for "consultations" just hours after Biden's remarks, which the Kremlin later said were “very bad” and without precedent.

"Asked about Biden’s comments during a video call Thursday aired on Russian state television, Putin said he wished his counterpart in Washington good health and was saying that "without irony" but charged that the comments reflected America's own troubled past.

"While praising the American people, Putin said the legacy of slavery and the country's treatment of Native Americans weighed heavily on its dealings abroad."

For some unknown reason Republicans these days can be downright stupid.

Today, second place belongs to Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY), a doctor who doesn't understand that current vaccines may not be completely effective against the variants of the virus. So, he decided to challenge an expert on infectious diseases, Dr. Anthony Fauci, arguing against the use of facemasks.

“You’ve been vaccinated and you parade around in two masks for show,” Paul told Fauci. “You can’t get it again there’s almost zero percent chance you’re going to get it.”

That statement is false as Fauci points out. “But we in our country now have variants. We’re not dealing with a static situation of the same virus,” Fauci said.

Duh, any coach potato knows that, but not Senator Paul.

Today's first prize goes to Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) who invoked the memory of lynch mobs and thought they were a great idea. His comments are so incredibly stupid they are hard to believe, but he made them.

And he made them in the wrong place at the wrong time. He made his implausible disingenuous comments at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the recent spike in hate crimes and violence against Asian Americans.

He declared that he believes in justice the old-fashion way. "There's an old saying in Texas about 'find all the rope in Texas and get a tall oak tree,'" he said. "You know, we take justice very seriously." :rolleyes:

Then he drifted off to the Chinese Communist Party which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject of today's Congressional hearing. "I think the Chinese Communist Party running the country of China, I think they are the bad guys," he said.

Rep. Grace Meng (D-N.Y.) thought there was an overt reason for Roy's diversion. She argued that using the hearing for irrelevant criticism of China's government was another example of rhetoric that could encourage anti-Asian sentiment.

The lady has a point. Ignorant, out of his depth, Roy was the perfect example of anti-Asian sentiment.

Today the Republican Party is adrift as I have shown recently on this thread. With lawmakers like Paul and Roy one can easily see why.

They are crazy in Texas.

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the recent spike in hate crimes and violence against Asian Americans, Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) declared that he believes in justice the old-fashion way.

"There's an old saying in Texas about 'find all the rope in Texas and get a tall oak tree,'" he said. "You know, we take justice very seriously."

Then he drifted off to the Chinese Communist Party. "I think the Chinese Communist Party running the country of China, I think they are the bad guys," he said.

He never explained what the Chinese Communist Party had to do with rising hate violence against Asian Americans in the U.S. Was he actually giving legitimacy to the rising hate against Asians?

Then we have the weird case involving one James Schulz.

CBS explains it this way. "Police are searching for a man who they say stabbed a restaurant manager several times after he was asked to wear a mask. The incident occurred at a Jack in the Box in League City, Texas.

"Detectives have identified the suspect as 53-year-old James Schulz, described as a "bearded, white male" and a "transient." A warrant has been issued for his arrest for the stabbing, which took place on Wednesday night.

"According to police, the suspect "belligerently refused" to cooperate with a store policy that requires face masks inside the establishment due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

He actually recorded the incident to show his lawyers, believing he was refused service because he was homeless.

The injured manager will survive.

So much for Biden being soft on China. I have no idea where that came from. Someone's imagination, I guess. No explanation of this falsehood was ever explained. That is typical of Republicans these days.

The Times reports, "American diplomats ended a fraught round of high-level talks with Chinese officials in Alaska on Friday with no major diplomatic breakthroughs, and acknowledged that a tense relationship lies ahead for Washington and Beijing.

"Speaking to reporters on Friday, Secretary of State Antony J. Blinken said that U.S. officials had raised numerous issues with their Chinese counterparts — including human rights in Hong Kong and Xinjiang, the status of Tibet and Taiwan, and cybersecurity — which caused tension."

“We certainly know, and knew going in, that there are a number of areas where we are fundamentally at odds,” Mr. Blinken said, adding that “it’s no surprise that when we raised those issues,” U.S. officials “got a defensive response.”

"Jake Sullivan, President Biden’s national security adviser, said that American officials had expected the talks to be difficult, and that the delegation had laid out its priorities for how the Biden administration would approach diplomatic relations with Beijing."

“We were cleareyed coming in, we’re cleareyed coming out,” Mr. Sullivan said, “and we will go back to Washington to take stock of where we are.”

They are crazy in Texas.

All of this has happened in the past few days.

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on the recent spike in hate crimes and violence against Asian Americans, referring to "bad guys" Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) declared, "There's an old saying in Texas about 'find all the rope in Texas and get a tall oak tree,'" he said. "You know, we take justice very seriously."

Then he told the Senators about what he thinks of the Chinese Communist Party. "I think the Chinese Communist Party running the country of China, I think they are the bad guys," he said.

Then we have the weird case involving one James Schulz. The police say he stabbed a restaurant manager several times after he was asked to wear a mask at a Jack in the Box in League City, Texas.

Schulz actually recorded the incident to show his lawyers, believing he was refused service because he was homeless.

The restaurant manager will survive.

According NBC News, "One person was killed and 12 others were injured in two separate nightclub shootings in Texas."

Around 1:30 a.m. Saturday, Dallas police received a call reporting a shooting inside Pryme Night Club. Eight people were found shot. A woman was killed.

Shortly after the Dallas incident, police in Houston said officers responded to a shooting at a club on North Freeway. Five victims were all hospitalized. All will survive.

In January 2016, carrying a handgun openly became legal in Texas.

In Texas, if you get in a fight in a bar, just whip out the Colt. No problem.

Hard to believe, but the Wisconsin moron is at it again. Who is he trying to fool, or is he relying on the stupidity of his listeners not knowing he has a wider audience?

We will never know. Republicans are avoiding what Republicans do and say on this forum.

CNN reports, "Wisconsin Republican Sen. Ron Johnson falsely claimed there was no violence on the Senate side of the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection, the latest in his continued attempts to downplay the severity of the attack.

"Johnson described the events of January 6 to a group of conservative Wisconsin residents at a local political event on Saturday and falsely stated the rioters were more active on the House side of the Capitol than the Senate side. Johnson also repeated he did not feel threatened that day, even after learning rioters had breached the Capitol building."

"One of the reasons I'm being attacked is because I very honestly said I didn't feel threatened on January 6. I didn't," Johnson said. "There was much more violence on the House side. There was no violence on the Senate side, in terms of the chamber."

CNN continued, "Security cameras and videos from witnesses showed insurrectionists broke windows on the Senate side of the Capitol and stormed through the halls near the Senate chamber shortly after. One video showed Capitol Police officer Eugene Goodman confronting protesters just outside the Senate chamber and leading them away from the room while senators were sheltering in place inside."

What a fruitcake.

Biden is busy.

The Times reports, "A pair of proposals would invest in infrastructure, education, work force development and fighting climate change, with the aim of making the economy more productive.

"President Biden’s economic advisers are preparing to recommend spending as much as $3 trillion on a sweeping set of efforts aimed at boosting the economy, reducing carbon emissions and narrowing economic inequality, beginning with a giant infrastructure plan that may be financed in part through tax increases on corporations and the rich."

It is so refreshing to have a President who is actually doing his job. We have been waiting a long time for such a President. Biden has loads of experience, and he knows how to get things done.

Interesting that all the Republicans are doing is complaining about events at our southern border. While tragic, the interests of 330 million Americans can be judged to be more important. Biden and the DHS director are working on the problem at our border.

In the meantime we must focus on the problems affecting Americans, a deadly pandemic, a stagnant economy, and getting kids back into school. That is Biden's focus. That is the focus of most Americans.

Republicans are out of step again.

They are crazy in Texas.

They are crazy in Colorado as well!

First, Columbine, then Aurora, now Boulder.

Colorado, like Texas, has open carry. A person can walk down a street in Boulder carrying an AR-15 and it is perfectly legal.

"President Biden said Tuesday that he was “devastated” by the killing of 10 people at a grocery store in Boulder, Colo., and called on Congress not to “wait another minute” in enacting legislation to ban assault rifles and high-capacity ammunition magazines," Times

"WASHINGTON — On the heels of two mass shootings that have shocked the country, the Senate is, once again, weighing an overhaul of the nation's gun laws — with a murky path ahead," NBC.

As in the cases following San Bernardino, Calif., Charleston, S.C., in 2015; Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., in 2012; Virginia Tech in 2007, a Walmart in El Paso, a high school in Parkland, Fla., Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas, Pulse nightclub in Orlando, Fla. not a damn thing will be done!

Why? The Republican Party will not allow it.

Biden is doing quite well esp. with covid, considering the mess he was left to clean up with. He gets a B+ from me. His challenge will be the immigration mess.

Biden is doing quite well esp. with covid, considering the mess he was left to clean up with. He gets a B+ from me. His challenge will be the immigration mess.

Apparently, Republicans on this forum think Biden is doing quite well. They remain silent.

The Times reports, "Vice President Kamala Harris will be in charge of efforts to reduce illegal immigration by finding ways to improve conditions in Central American countries, President Biden said Wednesday as his administration struggles to confront a surge of migrants at the country’s southern border.

“This new surge we are dealing with now started in the past administration, but it is our responsibility” now to deal with it, Mr. Biden said as he made the announcement during a meeting with top immigration advisers.

"He called the vice president the most qualified person to deal with Mexico and Central American countries as they try to limit what he called “serious spikes” in the number of people trying to cross the border illegally."

I saw that Biden has pledged to give 14 million vaccinations to Canada and Mexico. Can anyone explain how that is a good idea?
1. We have only a small percentage of our own citizens inoculated. Why are we giving away doses that are not surplus.
2. Why are we giving them to anyone as opppsed to selling them. Neither country is destitute. They can both afford to pay their own health care needs.

Biden gets a big fat F on this issue

I saw that Biden has pledged to give 14 million vaccinations to Canada and Mexico. Can anyone explain how that is a good idea?
1. We have only a small percentage of our own citizens inoculated. Why are we giving away doses that are not surplus.
2. Why are we giving them to anyone as opppsed to selling them. Neither country is destitute. They can both afford to pay their own health care needs.

Biden gets a big fat F on this issue

You are wrong in so many ways.

There is world-wide pandemic. It must be eradicated on a world-wide bases.

It involves four million, not 14 million.

It involves four million doses of AstraZeneca. That vaccine is not approved for use in the U.S.

I am here to report the Biden/Harris administration are accomplishing much in a short period of time no matter that right wing nuts are pushing hard in their effort to OBSTRUCT what's best for
our nation.

Right Wing Nuts should never ever have control of any government body.

Biden has covered remarkable ground in the short period of time he and Harris have been in office.
They moved in, took control, set up vaccination schedules and purchased enormous quantities of
the vaccines thus providing America with substantial progress. Biden/Harris will meet their suggested goals regarding vaccinations.

Praise Biden/Harris for their valiant efforts which produced economic stimulus galore.

Last edited:
You are wrong in so many ways.

There is world-wide pandemic. It must be eradicated on a world-wide bases.

It involves four million, not 14 million.

It involves four million doses of AstraZeneca. That vaccine is not approved for use in the U.S.

I appreciate the correction of the number and the explanation. It does raise the question of why are we buying medicine that isn'th approved for use and why we are giving it away.

Politico reports, "President Joe Biden held his first news conference since taking office more than two months ago. The high-profile event came as his administration grapples with the pandemic, a struggling economy, a border surge and new threats from North Korea."

It was extremely refreshing to have a President who was remarkably candid with the White House press corps and his American audience.

It was extremely refreshing to have a President who answered a yes or no question with a "yes" or "no." That is extremely rare in a politician.

It was extremely refreshing to have a President who does not want to be the center of attention.

Biden's predecessor needed always to be the center of attention, causing some to suggest that Trump had become a daytime television star. Trump never let a insult go to waste no matter how trivial and, because of his incompetence and stupidity, there were plenty during the long four years of his term.

Not Biden, Biden is the people's President. He wants only to do the job he was chosen to do.

Fanfare and meaningless conspiracies not allowed.

Back
Top Bottom