• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A refusal to leave office on January 20?

I'd be cool with having a full 2 weeks to vote. I'd also like to see Election Day made into a National Holiday.

Are polling places open for 2 weeks? We staffing people for two weeks? It doesn't matter too much how long they are open if there aren't many available. There's no reason to shut down over 600 sorting machines or undercutting the USPS to try to kill mail-in voting when mail-in voting can benefit everyone even if polling places are shut down.

With all due respect, every time I mention that Mail-In ballot systems have already successfully been established in some States to great effect and higher turnout, I hit a wall with the "conservative" crowd.

What would be the disadvantage to ensuring that polling locations are properly staffed for two weeks, to eliminate crowding?

This way, we wouldn’t have the issue of states allowing people to cast votes before Biden has had a chance to appear on the debate stage, and prove that he is mentally fit for the position. And Trump, for that matter.

The claim that mail-in voting has worked well in Colorado does not indicate that nationwide large scale mail-in voting will work smoothly. Especially in this political environment, where people are literally posting that cheating is part of being an adult.

What would be the disadvantage to ensuring that polling locations are properly staffed for two weeks, to eliminate crowding?

This way, we wouldn’t have the issue of states allowing people to cast votes before Biden has had a chance to appear on the debate stage, and prove that he is mentally fit for the position. And Trump, for that matter.

The claim that mail-in voting has worked well in Colorado does not indicate that nationwide large scale mail-in voting will work smoothly. Especially in this political environment, where people are literally posting that cheating is part of being an adult.

What would be the disadvantage to supporting a mail-in ballot system that overall raises voter turnout? Less you're afraid of more folk voting.

We are posting that cheating is ok. Look at the number of folk who have endorsed Trump's cuts to the USPS, the shutting down of functional sorting machines, the closing of physical polling sites, etc. Cheating is alive and well, and infecting the GOP.

We've been here before. And no, the military would stand with the president, not Biden.

That would literally be treason. The Constitution makes it very clear what can happen to treasonists. ;)

What would be the disadvantage to supporting a mail-in ballot system that overall raises voter turnout? Less you're afraid of more folk voting.

(1)People voting months early, before Biden has appeared on a debate stage to prove he is mentally fit to be the Leader of the Free World

(2)Likelihood of so many accusations of fraud, ballots lost in the mail, people voting multiple times that whoever is elected finds it impossible to govern

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

Trump would like nothing more than to see the complete destruction of the USA.

30a08ab6af7e9ff3bee52fc97f9b09dda1dfc548.jpg

It's why republicans and russians chose him and his cult.

(1)People voting months early, before Biden has appeared on a debate stage to prove he is mentally fit to be the Leader of the Free World

(2)Likelihood of so many accusations of fraud, ballots lost in the mail, people voting multiple times that whoever is elected finds it impossible to govern

Colorado ain't got that fraud, and we've done mail-in primarily for 7 years, and even before that had a robust mail-in system. So your number 2 is a lie.

For number 1, folk who are undecided ain't got to vote "months" (it would be weeks, if we're going to be honest) early. So that's a non-started too.

You have any actual argument founded in intellectual honesty and integrity?

That would literally be treason. The Constitution makes it very clear what can happen to treasonists. ;)

What military did you serve in?

With all due respect, whenever I suggest keeping polling locations open for two weeks, to eliminate crowds, I hit a wall with the liberal crowd.

Which makes me suspicious that this isn't all just about COVID safety.

I would support 1 month and either mandatory masks or separate rooms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You all are the ones trying to change the established system of voting. If there is any kind of a Civil War, it’s on you, not us.

YES.

THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT.

We are in the middle of a pandemic.

We should allow as many citizens to vote by mail if they want.

To do otherwise, within the context of this pandemic we are experiencing is tantamount to infringing on the right of your fellow citizens to vote.

There is no good reason to not allow people to vote by mail. None.

And why would you support Trump purposefully, intentionally interfering in the operations of the USPS to make it MORE DIFFICULT for people to vote ?!?!?!? Why would that be something you would be okay with and support and endorse? What is wrong with you people?!?!?

Why would you do that? Why would you think that would be okay? Why would you not feel embarrassed an ashamed over the stunt Trump is trying to pull?

Last edited:
I think it's unlikely that he'll refuse to leave office.

But if he does watch his fanbois here defend him. Should have made it a poll.

YES.

THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT.

We are in the middle of a pandemic.

We should allow as many citizens to vote by mail if they want.

To do otherwise, within the context of this pandemic we are experiencing is tantamount to infringing on the right of your fellow citizens to vote.

Why not just keep polling locations open for two weeks, to avoid overcrowding?

There is no good reason to not allow people to vote by mail. None.

(1)16 states are trying to have people start mailing in ballots months early, before Biden has had a chance to appear on a debate stage, and prove to us that he is mentally fit to take office.

(2)I can guarantee that, no matter who wins, there will be so many accusations of votes being lost and people voting multiple times that whoever wins will not be able to govern. Or worse.

(1)16 states are trying to have people start mailing in ballots months early, before Biden has had a chance to appear on a debate stage, and prove to us that he is mentally fit to take office.

(2)I can guarantee that, no matter who wins, there will be so many accusations of votes being lost and people voting multiple times that whoever wins will not be able to govern. Or worse.

Instead of trying to reduce the ability of people to vote within the context of a global pandemic by making mail-in voting more difficult, why don't you, and Republicans, and Trump supporters work with the rest of us to try and resolve any problems you might have with mail-in voting? Win-win.

Why not just keep polling locations open for two weeks, to avoid overcrowding?

We should do that too. It's not an either/or situation. They are not mutually exclusive solutions.

donald-trump-tweets-2012-1478856552.jpg

Trump would like nothing more than to see the complete destruction of the USA.

30a08ab6af7e9ff3bee52fc97f9b09dda1dfc548.jpg

It's why republicans and russians chose him and his cult.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to start a civil war.

As Byron York, in The Washington Examiner (August 13, 2020), notes, some members of the "Resistance" are now speculating that (1) Trump will lose the general election in November (which, in itself, is not an unusual conjecture); (2) he will refuse to leave office on January 20, 2021; and (3) he has amassed a private army, which will clash with the US Army, when the latter tries to remove him from office.

Alternatively, he notes that some journalists have concocted a scenario in which Trump actually wins, but Biden "refuse to accept the result in hopes that the military would side with him against the president."

In either case, there would be considerable bloodletting--our own version of the Civil War.

Comments?

Just vote for the candidate of your choice, whoever that may be, and let the system do the rest. Cut this civil war talk BS.

We've been here before. And no, the military would stand with the president, not Biden.

Is that if scenario Number One were to occur, or it scenario Number Two were to happen?

Bull.

Liberal fantasy based on liberally slanted polling.

I do hope that you are correct.

There may be many "shy" Trump voters out there (as there were in 2016)--those who do not wish to tell pollsters that they intend to vote for Donald Trump--who will put the president over the top.

At least, that is what I am hoping for.

Just vote for the candidate of your choice, whoever that may be, and let the system do the rest. Cut this civil war talk BS.

Unfortunately, you have omitted the middle part, viz.: What would be the result if either (1) Biden were to win the election, and Trump were to refuse to leave office; or (2) Trump were to win the election, and Biden were to refuse to accept this--in the hope that the military would side with him, against President Trump?

This is really the crux of the matter.

Unfortunately, you have omitted the middle part, viz.: What would be the result if either (1) Biden were to win the election, and Trump were to refuse to leave office; or (2) Trump were to win the election, and Biden were to refuse to accept this--in the hope that the military would side with him, against President Trump?

Neither of which has happened.

Just vote.

I do hope that you are correct.

There may be many "shy" Trump voters out there (as there were in 2016)--those who do not wish to tell pollsters that they intend to vote for Donald Trump--who will put the president over the top.

At least, that is what I am hoping for.

If a nerdy data-crazed MSNBC-type liberal pollster called me and asked for 30 minutes of my time to answer 50 questions, I would tell him to get lost.

I think a lot of other Trump supporters would do the same thing.

Which is why I think these people have such a difficult time reaching Republicans.

As Byron York, in The Washington Examiner (August 13, 2020), notes, some members of the "Resistance" are now speculating that (1) Trump will lose the general election in November (which, in itself, is not an unusual conjecture); (2) he will refuse to leave office on January 20, 2021; and (3) he has amassed a private army, which will clash with the US Army, when the latter tries to remove him from office.

Alternatively, he notes that some journalists have concocted a scenario in which Trump actually wins, but Biden "refuse to accept the result in hopes that the military would side with him against the president."

In either case, there would be considerable bloodletting--our own version of the Civil War.

Comments?

:screwy

This is the crux of your fantasy. It's clear who wants a civil war: You.

And likely the rest of the conspiracy loons who are going to go full ape**** when Trump wins.

Comments?

Tin foil hat territory. He's amassed his own private army? Well, that is a very well kept secret. When will the left ever supply evidence of their accusations?

Back
Top Bottom