• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A really good question for democrats

Why are regular armed citizens protecting their property called vigilantes, but rioting protesters that are burning down other peoples property called peaceful protesters. The normal scheme of things are being turned up side down by the radical left.

Comments?
(Vigilantes: a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.)

Are you saying you think law enforcement is inadequate?

I don't think they're vigilantes, they're QAnons, and rioters aren't peaceful protesters.

From what I know, some people are down there to show their pride for Trump and police officers with their guns in tow, and some people are taking advantage of peaceful protests and looting, or wreaking buildings.

Those are two different sets of people.

If they are armed and threatening people, it can be.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

And if protestors are armed and threatening people, it can be illegal too.

Because the Devil's people are ruling America today. It's the way the Devil operates.

Whose people were ruling America when slavery was allowed and women were defacto property? God's or the Devil's?

Are they trained and being paid as security guards, have all the proper licensing to be said security? If you answer yes AND they are only protecting that property—no issues. If you answer no, vigilantes

Are you saying that no US citizen has a right to protect their property???

Because the Devil's people are ruling America today. It's the way the Devil operates.

That is why we have to vote Trump out. He's the devil's person.

Are you saying that no US citizen has a right to protect their property???

Nice attempt to deflect. I never said the business or home owner had no rights to protect their property. The hypothetical was other folks protecting your business/home

Quote Originally Posted by Logical1 View Post
I call them Security Guards. BTW they stay on the property they are protecting, and dont follow people unless they committed a crime and are reporting the location to the police.

And if protestors are armed and threatening people, it can be illegal too.
Both would be doing something illegal. Doesnt excuse either. Arrest protestors who are threatening people. Arrest protestors who are hurting people or damaging property or stealing. Absolutely. But none of that gives another group of civilians the right threaten or intimidate others who aren't doing those things or to even take the law into their own hands against those who might.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Nice attempt to deflect. I never said the business or home owner had no rights to protect their property. The hypothetical was other folks protecting your business/home

If you have the right to do something, then you also have the right to hire someone else to do it for you.

If you have the right to do something, then you also have the right to hire someone else to do it for you.

And that is exactly what I stated - you did catch that, didn't you?

My initial reply : "Are they trained and being paid as security guards, have all the proper licensing to be said security? If you answer yes AND they are only protecting that property—no issues. If you answer no, vigilantes "

No, he was defending himself and killed two violent aggressive communists, which makes him basically the definition of a hero.

I'm aware that you believe this and I'm uninterested in your child-like view of the situation.

And that is exactly what I stated - you did catch that, didn't you?

My initial reply : "Are they trained and being paid as security guards, have all the proper licensing to be said security?

Don't need any of that crap, because we're talking about moral rights, not stupid government regulations.

Don't need any of that crap, because we're talking about moral rights, not stupid government regulations.

There is no such think as a moral right except in philosophy.

So you really didn't want to debate - just spew more nonsense - -gotcha.

What's the word I'm looking for - - oh yeah, dismissed

Both would be doing something illegal. Doesnt excuse either. Arrest protestors who are threatening people. Arrest protestors who are hurting people or damaging property or stealing. Absolutely. But none of that gives another group of civilians the right threaten or intimidate others who aren't doing those things or to even take the law into their own hands against those who might.

Well, my friends and I are not threatening anyone while simply protecting my property. But if they threaten us or my property, don't we have the right to defend ourselves and my property without being labeled "vigilantes"?

Well, my friends and I are not threatening anyone while simply protecting my property. But if they threaten us or my property, don't we have the right to defend ourselves and my property without being labeled "vigilantes"?

Isn't there actually people whose job that is? Hmm,I think they might be called the police, but they seem to be busy killing black people for no reason.

Isn't there actually people whose job that is? Hmm,I think they might be called the police,

So what to do when the police are ordered to stand down?

but they seem to be busy killing black people for no reason.

Got, it. You don't intend on discussing the subject seriously.

What's the word I'm looking for - - oh yeah, dismissed

Oh my, being "dismissed" by a leftist turd is truly devastating. I don't know how I'll ever be able to cope, but I guess I'll just have to find a way.

You and I think alike

Of course the more enlightened ones here will say there is no devil

Which is what the devil wants probably most of all

Isn't there actually people whose job that is? Hmm,I think they might be called the police, but they seem to be busy killing black people for no reason.

You've been lied to by fake news

Studies have shown that cops are actually, generally speaking less inclined to kill Blacks

Blacks themselves, however, are more likely
.far more likely, to be Killed by another black..than by a white person or a cop

Those damn facts..always getting in the way of a good political agenda

You've been lied to by fake news

Studies have shown that cops are actually, generally speaking less inclined to kill Blacks

Blacks themselves, however, are more likely
.far more likely, to be Killed by another black..than by a white person or a cop

Those damn facts..always getting in the way of a good political agenda

You were lied to by people who understand statistics better than you do.

Back
Top Bottom