• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question?

Deegan

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
I noticed that when a thread is produced, that the replies, and posts are always the same. On my forum, and others, there were almost always three or four times the views, then the replies. I was just wondering what was the deal with that, I guess I would like to know if the thread was really interesting, and if folks are checking in to view it?

Deegan said:
I noticed that when a thread is produced, that the replies, and posts are always the same. On my forum, and others, there were almost always three or four times the views, then the replies. I was just wondering what was the deal with that, I guess I would like to know if the thread was really interesting, and if folks are checking in to view it?

{geek answer}
In order to conserve sql calls we do not update the views immediately. They are updated hourly. There may be 5 times the views that it really shows (especialy hot topics). It will eventually catch up and show the correct views and replies. Older topics should indicate this.

{non-geek answer}
We have a very high participation rate. We just don't know when to shuddap.

vauge said:
{geek answer}
In order to conserve sql calls we do not update the views immediately. They are updated hourly. There may be 5 times the views that it really shows (especialy hot topics). It will eventually catch up and show the correct views and replies. Older topics should indicate this.

{non-geek answer}
We have a very high participation rate. We just don't know when to shuddap.

Well I went back 11 pages, and still it was, replies 71 views 72?

It's not important, I just noticed it while looking at the 18 members and 52 guests, so I thought, there has to be more folks at least reading it. I know on my forum the guest views count, every click on the thread is counted. I am the first to admit I know nothing about this, but if I ask my computer geek friend, he always acts like an ass. He makes you feel stupid for "asking such simple questions":rofl

Back
Top Bottom