• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question to republicans from a citizen

plutonium

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
why wont the repub speaker put the c.r. to vote at this time oct 6 please explain because i just dont get it ...is someone holding him hostage too? i hope in no way this is not affecting our national security.. with anyone that works with it getting laid off or thinking they might get laid off.. or thinking about getting paid instead putting full brain consentration on terroist

The legitimate reasons have been posted here clearly in a multitude of threads (before they devolve naturally into the simple repitition of stupid memes on either side). Asking the same question over and over again and expecting a different answer is well, you know. :mrgreen:

you still have not answered my question.... so why did you even reply ......:cool: this is the first time i asked this question not someone else.. and no i did not read all the posts at this site........i did not know that you had to read all the blogs or comments before you can ask a question here excuse me

Last edited:
you still have not answered my question.... so why did you even reply ......:cool: this is the first time i asked this question not someone else.. and no i did not read all the posts at this site........i did not know that you had to read all the blogs or comments before you can ask a question here excuse me

Actually, you are supposed to do a search before you post a question that has been answered and debated many times on here in the past few days.

why wont the repub speaker put the c.r. to vote at this time oct 6 please explain because i just dont get it ...is someone holding him hostage too? i hope in no way this is not affecting our national security.. with anyone that works with it getting laid off or thinking they might get laid off.. or thinking about getting paid instead putting full brain consentration on terroist

Easy, on ABC’s This Week with George Stephanopoulos, Speaker John Boehner claimed he couldn’t pass a clean CR bill to reopen the government because: “There are not the votes in the House to pass a clean CR.”

Many have speculated that there are ~20 Republicans (it would take 22) that would sign on with 195 Democrats but until they HAVE to vote it is mere speculation. I for on am skeptical that they would hold to this given the angst they would endure from leadership AND fellow Republicans. This would marginalize their influence for the balance of their term not to mention its effect on their electability.

Because the majority of Americans do not want Obamacare and passing a clean CR would result in continuing to pretend that Obamacare works.

daaaa,,,,, the aca and the cr has nothing to do with each other the cr is to pay bills and debts already agreed upon by the reps ,senate and prez.. what you are saying is that if you did not like socail security you just shut the gov down like is being done right now until everyone agrees to cut out social security........ do you understand now .....this is as simple as anyone can get to explain what is happening .....this is why obama will not budge...what you call obama leading is just do what ever the tea party wants...but that aint gonna happen boss....obama leads when he gives orders to catch and kill al queada..and anyone that might hurt this country...he does not have the power to pay the bills by himself in this country the law is not set up that way.....by the way you lead soldiers not politicians

the house leader should not tell us their are a not enough repub votes ,,,,,,he should show the citizens their are a not enough votes by voting on cspan thats all im asking right now.... let me see i dont know what to believe and i will not take your word ....we saw your word in 2011 out of good faith the congress shoud vote ant least every 48hr to let the citizens see them working ...what the hell are these people being paid for???????

Back
Top Bottom