• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Consider -- Would Putin Be Attacking Ukraine Right Now If Not For Jan 6?

I didn't downplay anything. I wrote facts. Just because you're trying to make the dumbest ****ing link in the world between Jan 6 and Putin invading Ukraine isn't downplaying anything and not certifying votes doesn't overturn votes. It's just facts that you can't deal with.

Yes, you did downplay Jan 6...you said that there was nothing sinister about those 147 Republicans voting not to certify Biden's victory.

There certainly was, and you would be screaming bloody murder if 147 Democrats had done that to Trump.

You know what you said. I'm not quoting it. This is going to turn into a stupid boring Trumpster game -- "I didn't say sinister!!"
Hahahaha! ****ing perfect! You're damn right "you're not quoting it" because it didn't happen. You're ****ing DONE.

Hahahaha! ****ing perfect! You're damn right "you're not quoting it" because it didn't happen. You're ****ing DONE.

Not as done as you...pretending those 147 Republicans weren't trying to overturn Biden's victory. How sad.

Republicans are Nazis and that's what Nazis do. Just saying.

We'll never know the answer to that question. Personally, I think Jan 6 had a significant impact on Putin's decision to attack Ukraine. I think Jan 6 emboldened Putin.

Putin saw the despicable insurrection attempt on the U.S. Capitol and how a U.S. political party (i.e. the Republican Party) has given up on democracy. He saw how 147 members of the Republican Party tried to overthrow a duly elected President, with no evidence of voter fraud.

Putin saw a weakened America on Jan 6 where democracy is struggling to survive. In my opinion, Jan 6 helped make the invasion of Ukraine a gamble worth taking for Putin.

That's ridiculous. But a very American viewpoint. We tend to think the entire world revolves around what happens in the U.S.

It doesn't. Putin would've done what he did whether Sept. 6th riot happened or not.

Not as done as you...pretending those 147 Republicans weren't trying to overturn Biden's victory. How sad.

Republicans are Nazis and that's what Nazis do. Just saying.
Accusing people of being "Nazis" is a very lazy way of arguing.

We'll never know the answer to that question. Personally, I think Jan 6 had a significant impact on Putin's decision to attack Ukraine. I think Jan 6 emboldened Putin.

Putin saw the despicable insurrection attempt on the U.S. Capitol and how a U.S. political party (i.e. the Republican Party) has given up on democracy. He saw how 147 members of the Republican Party tried to overthrow a duly elected President, with no evidence of voter fraud.

Putin saw a weakened America on Jan 6 where democracy is struggling to survive. In my opinion, Jan 6 helped make the invasion of Ukraine a gamble worth taking for Putin.
Cool story bro.

That's ridiculous. But a very American viewpoint. We tend to think the entire world revolves around what happens in the U.S.

It doesn't. Putin would've done what he did whether Sept. 6th riot happened or not.

Maybe. Maybe not. You're entitled to your opinion.

Personally, I think the scenes of the Capitol being attacked by Trumpsters was impossible for Putin to ignore. He saw a weak America that day, an America that he could continue to take advantage of.

To support this claim you made: "Trump told Congress to give him a bill and he'd sign it."

Trump made so many promises that he never kept. I remember back in 2016 he said he would work with Democrats to pass an infrastructure bill and that never even got to first base. Pelosi and Schumer stated on several occasions that they'd be willing to work with Trump on this.

Trump made so many promises that he never kept. I remember back in 2016 he said he would work with Democrats to pass an infrastructure bill and that never even got to first base. Pelosi and Schumer stated on several occasions that they'd be willing to work with Trump on this.
Trump admitted to blowing up that bipartisanship endeavor because of his ego.

To support this claim you made: "Trump told Congress to give him a bill and he'd sign it."
Oh. Off topic.

Dismissed.

Trump doesn't play the "madman" game. He tells you what he'll do...and if you don't believe him, he does it. Just ask China.
He said he was signing a healthcare bill "in two week" in July 2020, and he didn't. He didn't say "if Congress presents me a bill", he said unequivocally that he was signing a bill "in two weeks". Guess he didn't do what he said he would do then.

Trump doesn't play the "madman" game. He tells you what he'll do...and if you don't believe him, he does it. Just ask China.
Of course he does.

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

You just don't understand it.

To bolster my point --

Instructional assistant professor Sherri Replogle teaches courses in international relations. She said that Russia has likely been planning this invasion for a long time.

“I think [Putin] thinks the U.S. is weak enough because we’ve been through 20 years of war and a contested election, that he feels like he can get away with this,” Replogle said.

Take away the Jan 6 aspect and look at the current administration, there in lies the answer, pun intended.

It’s as simple as that.

When Trump was in office all the blame was on him and his administration. Now that Biden is the resident, nothing is his or his administration fault. It is really easy to see how the MSM spins things and deceives people with propaganda. Anything to distract from the failures we have seen.

Last edited:
Take away the Jan 6 aspect and look at the current administration, there in lies the answer, pun intended.

It’s as simple as that.

When Trump was in office all the blame was on him and his administration. Now that Biden is the resident, nothing is his or his administration fault. It is really easy to see how the MSM spins things and deceives people with propaganda. Anything to distract from the failures we have seen.

Nope. Putin didn't attack Ukraine while Trump was President because he was hoping that Trump would remove the U.S. from NATO, since Trump was Putin's bitch for 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom