• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Conservatives That Want To Ban All Abortions

nah...your mindless bias allows you to lie to yourself> Hell...you probably have even managed to convince yourself of the lie. But your position is a lie.
You don't seem to know what the words 'bias' or 'lie' even means.
Outside of government agencies, there are 131,328 Human services charities alone in the US. There are 35,920 non-profit housing charities. 10,810 food charities. 36,900 youth development charities. There are over 109,000 Physical and Mental Health charities. There are 140,000 combined religious charities.

Stop caring? Who the **** do you think is funding those charities?
People looking to avoid taxes. If taxes didn't exist or you couldn't write off charitable donations about 60% of those charities would be gone.

You don't seem to know what the words 'bias' or 'lie' even means.

People looking to avoid taxes. If taxes didn't exist or you couldn't write off charitable donations about 60% of those charities would be gone.
Oh but I do. You are biased. It causes you to lie.

:ROFLMAO:

You think people fund hundreds of thousands of charities to avoid paying taxes....

:ROFLMAO:

in your response you prove my point.

Did you miss middle school biology? This is basic science.

The phrase "a human" is not a scientific term. It's a circular value judgment that dodges the main issue.

Only if it’s based in facts, of course.

It is, unlike your comment to which I was responding.

It’s not semantics to state a simple fact. The follow up question in abortion debates always is if that human holds value.

No, that is not "the follow up question." It is THE question (although I would phrase it much differently, as I have).

But to deny that he/she is a human at all is pretty silly.

Not nearly as silly as making your entire argument by slapping a meaningless label on something, and then dropping the mic, before you bother to explain why that label matters to you.

2cb53b88dc2f154fb1c4aa9d8b9785a885e1fce80a9655172466a0e4a97e63ba.jpg
I love it when people try to pull the emotional string .. my question .. what percentage of abortions performed fit this type of scenario? What percentage of abortions are performed because of rapes?

Why are you focused on the outcome of a rape and beating (assuming this photo is related to the text), instead of capturing the rapist and sex offender?

I literally answer that question every single time I debate abortion. A human holds value from the moment he or she is conceived.

Lots of people believe that and they're welcome to it. But they have no foundation for any reason to make other women adhere to their beliefs. And if they want it to be banned or severely restricted, that requires laws, not their feelings. And they cannot justify their desire to force their beliefs on others.

The simplistic 'because that's how I feel, that's what I believe' without considering women or society or all our Constitutional rights is just a cowardly way of avoiding the argument.

I started an entire thread asking for the reasoning behind this kind of opinion. There are nearly 400 replies, but so far I haven't seen anything even remotely approaching a good reason. That's because there isn't one.

In reality, banning abortion is about imposing their religious beliefs on us. That's why I think the Roe court could and should have made it a First Amendment issue, rather than making up the nonsense they did.

I started an entire thread asking for the reasoning behind this kind of opinion. There are nearly 400 replies, but so far I haven't seen anything even remotely approaching a good reason. That's because there isn't one.

In reality, banning abortion is about imposing their religious beliefs on us. That's why I think the Roe court could and should have made it a First Amendment issue, rather than making up the nonsense they did.
Link?

So you think none of the 1.5% of girls and women who need these exceptions matter. Got it.
Regardless of the sophistry, there is no reason to abort a child because of rape. That is immoral. If it is wrong to electively abort a child for lifestyle it is equally wrong to do so because of rape.

In reality, banning abortion is about imposing their religious beliefs on us.
That's why I think the Roe court could and should have made it a First Amendment issue, rather than making up the nonsense they did.
No, it is not. A total ban on abortions would apply to everyone regardless of their religious beliefs

Regardless of the sophistry, there is no reason to abort a child because of rape. That is immoral. If it is wrong to electively abort a child for lifestyle it is equally wrong to do so because of rape.
Plenty of reasons. Why dont you give us reasons why the unborn's life should have precedence over a woman's life, health, pain & suffering, and self-determination?

Reasons that can be legitimately upheld morally and legally...not some religious stuff.

I love it when people try to pull the emotional string .. my question .. what percentage of abortions performed fit this type of scenario? What percentage of abortions are performed because of rapes?

Why are you focused on the outcome of a rape and beating (assuming this photo is related to the text), instead of capturing the rapist and sex offender?

1%. That's about 6000 rape victims every year that anti-abortion extremists would essentially force to be raped continuously for 9 months because they want to impose their stupid religious beliefs on everyone else.

1%. That's about 6000 rape victims every year that anti-abortion extremists would essentially force to be raped continuously for 9 months because they want to impose their stupid religious beliefs on everyone else.
And suffer the physical pain of pregnancy and childbirth and the risks to her life and health.

And the risks to her ability to maintain her responsibilities to others that depend on her after an unplanned financial and very real exhausting new commitment.

No, it is not. A total ban on abortions would apply to everyone regardless of their religious beliefs

That's not what I'm talking about. If the only articulable reason for banning abortion is religious, then banning it constitutes an establishment of religion, which is prohibited under the 1st Amendment.

That's not what I'm talking about. If the only articulable reason for banning abortion is religious, then banning it constitutes an establishment of religion, which is prohibited under the 1st Amendment.
Ummm no.

The articulable reason is because the state has a right to prosecute people who commit evil acts.

Ummm no.

The articulable reason is because the state has a right to prosecute people who commit evil acts.

What's evil about it? You really need to catch up.

What’s evil about murder? Seriously?

No, I asked what's evil about abortion.

Never mind, I don't have the patience to respond to childish circular arguments.

No, I asked what's evil about abortion.

Never mind, I don't have the patience to respond to childish circular arguments.
Abortion is murder.

There is no need to deconstruct further.

Sounds a bit hyperbolic .. yet .. I'll nibble. The OP focused on an extremely emotional aspect of rape .. yet .. If 1% is rapes, and .5% are incest ... what about the other 98.5% of abortions?

Sounds a bit hyperbolic .. yet .. I'll nibble. The OP focused on an extremely emotional aspect of rape .. yet ..

This thread is about that extremely emotional aspect. It obviously matters. If you don't want to discuss it, don't.

If 1% is rapes, and .5% are incest ... what about the other 98.5% of abortions?

What about them? ~95% of abortions happen in the first trimester.

Well if such a law were in effect, you tell her that it is an individual human life regardless of how it got there and that the the law of the land needs to be followed.
You additionally pose the following question.
Would you like to go someplace where abortion is legal?

This thread is about that extremely emotional aspect. It obviously matters. If you don't want to discuss it, don't.

What about them? ~95% of abortions happen in the first trimester.
1.5% of abortions are rapes and incest .. okay .. sounds reasonable .. I still believe we should focus on those committing the crime; however, what about the other 98.5% of abortions? Pretty simple question. What's driving these large group of females to get abortions annually?

1.5% of abortions are rapes and incest .. okay .. sounds reasonable .. I still believe we should focus on those committing the crime; however,

I agree. We should focus on that, instead of trying to prevent women who were raped from getting abortions.

what about the other 98.5% of abortions? Pretty simple question. What's driving these large group of females to get abortions annually?

What's driving them? Was that really your question? Mainly the fact that they got pregnant and didn't want to. Why shouldn't they get an abortion?

I agree. We should focus on that, instead of trying to prevent women who were raped from getting abortions.

What's driving them? Was that really your question? Mainly the fact that they got pregnant and didn't want to. Why shouldn't they get an abortion?
That's where the line is drawn between abortion supporters and pro-life advocates. Abortion is most often spoken about "women's health" and I question that when 98.5% of abortions (give or take a few percentage) are because the female got pregnant and she just doesn't want to have a child.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the selfish aspects of why females get abortions in 98.5% of the cases.

Back
Top Bottom