• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Conservatives That Want To Ban All Abortions

skews13.

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
2cb53b88dc2f154fb1c4aa9d8b9785a885e1fce80a9655172466a0e4a97e63ba.jpg

Good post. I'm one of the countless millions of conservatives who does NOT wish to ban all abortions and is a long-standing member of the pro-choice tendency.
I'm pro-life, and banning ALL abortions makes no thinking sense. Sometimes, the mother's life actually IS in danger. sometimes...not all the time, but sometimes, a girl is raped, and she had no consent, or decision, in whether to make a baby, so why should she be forced to carry it?

sometimes, sadly, a product of rape is often also a product of incests, and the genetics will be heavily defective

but this is, by far and away, different from saying that all, or even most, abortions are done for these reasons.

All 5 of them?

There are way more than five anti-choicers who strongly believe in not making exceptions, even if the mother would die.

BTW you are anti-choice, not pro-life. A true pro-lifer cares about the unwanted person's entire life from birth to death, not just up to when the umbilical cord is cut off.

From USA Today, May 2019:

Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate.

So you think none of the 1.5% of girls and women who need these exceptions matter. Got it.

There are way more than five anti-choicers who strongly believe in not making exceptions, even if the mother would die.

BTW you are anti-choice, not pro-life.
Well, anti-choice doesn't sound accurate. I certainly support your choice to take hamburger over pasta.

A true pro-lifer cares about the unwanted person's entire life from birth to death, not just up to when the umbilical cord is cut off.
I have NO CLUE who is out there, promoting pro-life rhetoric, and then is for killing children after their born but......okay? I guess you're right?

yea, if a pro-lifer kills a child, you have my permission to go do something about it. Woooh got me! 😂

Well, anti-choice doesn't sound accurate. I certainly support your choice to take hamburger over pasta.

Anti-choice specifically is about forcing girls and women to give birth. It has nothing to do with personal preferences like what people eat.

I have NO CLUE who is out there, promoting pro-life rhetoric, and then is for killing children after their born but......okay? I guess you're right?

yea, if a pro-lifer kills a child, you have my permission to go do something about it. Woooh got me!

True pro-lifers oppose the right to kill any born person who has not explicitly given legal permission in writing to be killed (pulling the plug or euthanasia), the death penalty in nearly all cases, and wars that can be avoided.

They also support universal health care and other programs that exist to keep poor Americans alive, not just people who can afford to pay their way.

So if we grant you that abortions will be granted on demand for ALL incidents of rape and incest, then you will agree that the other abortions should end...right?

Anti-choice specifically is about forcing girls and women to give birth. It has nothing to do with personal preferences like what people eat.
Well, that's a different kind of choice isn't it? I'm sure you're very anti-choice on Ted Bundy's decision to kill all those girls.
True pro-lifers oppose the right to kill any born person who has not explicitly given legal permission in writing to be killed (pulling the plug or euthanasia), the death penalty in nearly all cases, and wars that can be avoided.
no true scotsman fallacy?

I'm against the death penalty. I think the idea of ending the life of a violent criminal, works when we have a perfect judicial system, which we simply do not have, and many people die convicted of crimes they didn't even commit. No one wants any ted bundys to be alive but....better he rot in jail if innocents are going to be at risk.

Well, that's a different kind of choice isn't it? I'm sure you're very anti-choice on Ted Bundy's decision to kill all those girls.

Killing girls obviously is nothing like deciding whether I should eat a cheeseburger or pasta for supper, obviously.

Why do you bring up Ted Bundy, anyway?

not all the time, but sometimes, a girl is raped, and she had no consent, or decision, in whether to make a baby, so why should she be forced to carry it?
So, it's about punishing women for consensual sex......

Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ew-abortions-so-why-all-attention/1211175001/
Kinda like how anti choicers make a big deal out of the less than one percent that are done in the third trimester, eh?

So, it's about punishing women for consensual sex......
I wouldn't call pregnancy a punishment.

But if a girl didn't consent to sex, then I'd argue there's no consent to a pregnancy.

but I'm open to being proven wrong there. If it is the pro-choice position that a girl who is raped SHOULD carry to term, then you'll find no argument from me, only that it's odd from the pro-choice standpoint.

Killing girls obviously is nothing like deciding whether I should eat a cheeseburger or pasta for supper, obviously.

Why do you bring up Ted Bundy, anyway?
Well, I think it's quite murderous to kill little girls, don't you?

Just 1% of women obtain an abortion because they became pregnant through rape, and less than 0.5% do so because of incest, according to the Guttmacher Institute. Yet the battle over exceptions for both has garnered outsized attention in the national abortion debate. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ew-abortions-so-why-all-attention/1211175001/
Agreed. And that's about the same as the attempts of the pro-life side to use 3rd term abortions as a major focus of their arguments. Dont you agree? That in the realistic discussions on abortion, such outliers should not be driving the laws surrounding abortion? Yes, no? Explain?

Kinda like how anti-choicers make a big deal out of the less than one percent that are done in the third trimester, eh?

While at the same time not caring one little bit about the more than one percent of girls and women who were raped just because it is a rare reason to seek an abortion . . .

I've been debating abortion since the 90s and I have only encountered maybe 3-4 pro-lifers who think ALL abortions should be banned. Those people are even against abortion for emergency situations like ectopic pregnancies.

I've been debating abortion since the 90s and I have only encountered maybe 3-4 pro-lifers who think ALL abortions should be banned. Those people are even against abortion for emergency situations like ectopic pregnancies.
they probably don't even know what an ectopic pregnancy is. They just haven't bothered thinking about the issue at all.

all 5 of them?
Conservatives who claim to want exceptions to an abortion ban are just lying because they know it's less palatable for them to admit they think that 12 year old should be forced to carry her rapist's child to term.

They're lying, they want to ban those abortions too.

Let's be honest here. "Abortion is murdering a baby but it's ok to murder a baby sometimes" is not a real position people hold.

Last edited:
They're lying, they want to ban those abortions too.

Let's be honest here. "Abortion is murdering a baby but it's ok to murder a baby sometimes" is not a real position people hold.

Nah, they aren't lying. They know that in that case, both humans will die if an abortion isn't performed.

Back
Top Bottom