• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Question To Conservatives That Want To Ban All Abortions

Awful thread. Not even going to read beyond the OP.

Awful thread. Not even going to read beyond the OP.
What's so awful about defending legal abortion against conservative males whose religious bias makes them insists that women use abortion instead of using birth control, get abortions for convenience alone, are selfish, immoral, uncaring and wrong: to whom statistics, studies, research, and science are nothing more than lying propaganda.

ok well, your post is ridiculous because

that's exactly what that means. I don't know if you know this, but it takes a medical professional to do an abortion to begin with. Even in a case where a woman's life is at risk, and the doctor is either playing video games or who knows what, an abortion isn't going to help because said medical professional is too "busy" to get to her in any case.

unless, of course, there is a rash of women just shoving coat hangars up theirs in the middle of labor. As someone who's been to some pretty poor hospitals, that ain't happening.

Therefore, the rest of your post is pure nonsense.
Actually, it's not.

When medical professionals are using their medical judgment to save her life/health, the woman consents to their judgment; when the woman elects the abortion, the medical professional who provides the abortion consents to HER judgment in agreeing to provide it.

She has individual intuition and instinct as well as the capacity for rational calculation, and in a situation that heightens her individual risk of death/injury, she can use them, while the medical professional only uses the professionally trained rational-empirical capacity.

In other situations of increased risk of death/injury, you and I certainly have the right to self-defense and also the right to the help of a professionally trained third party.

Your problem is that you assume an embryo is just this innocent little entity, but by virtue of its being inside the woman and engaging in a biologically parasitic mode of living, it is a threat to her well-being.

The idea that she consented to pregnancy when she consented to sex is what is ridiculous.

First, if you consent to let someone touch the outside of one of your sex organs with a finger, does that mean that person has the right to put another part of his anatomy inside that sex organ?

If you give consent to one man to have PIV sex with you if contraception is used, does it mean that his 17 year old son has a right to have any of his body parts inside your uterus two days later?

If the embryo were to be considered equal to the rest of us, it would have to get its own consent.

If she did not consent to an embryo's shutting down part of her immune system, then it is definitely attacking her body all through the pregnancy as surely as if some creep had injected her body with a chemical to make her sick.

The idea that it's a separate human isn't a "belief" - it's fact.
Liberal is correct. If the embryo is separate, then get it out of her because she didn't consent to have it inside her body. That's a perfectly reasonable demand.

This question, @Liberal7360 ...

Interesting how you change the question and subject.

You asked who's body.

I clearly said the woman's.

Now you're talking about weapons. Which has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

I point out how ridiculous your claim that a zygote is a separate human from the woman and you go off on weapons.

You know your claim is ridiculous so you change the subject.

That is very cowardly.

Interesting how you change the question and subject.

You asked who's body.

I clearly said the woman's.

Now you're talking about weapons. Which has absolutely nothing to do with any of this.

I point out how ridiculous your claim that a zygote is a separate human from the woman and you go off on weapons.

You know your claim is ridiculous so you change the subject.

That is very cowardly.

I already responded to the question and subject. You have yet to respond to something that was asked of you days ago. Isn't that cowardly?

That is twisted logic

Literally it is a doctor
i think it's twisted to rape a woman, but that's just me i guess.

he should take full responsibility for everything that happens afterwords.

Nobody here thinks it is not twisted that people rape, it is the nonsense you add to that is twisted logic.

He should take responsibility for the doctor killing the baby??? That is twisted logic

Why not adoption? The mothers feelings come before the life of the baby????

He should take responsibility for the doctor killing the baby??? That is twisted logic
Is it more twisted than holding 1 drunk driver responsible when a line of 4 cars get into a wreck?

The rapist set the chain of events into motion, so he is responsible in such a case.
Why not adoption? The mothers feelings come before the life of the baby????
because that requires the rape victim to carry and give birth to the child. A child that she never consented to make.

I already responded to the question and subject. You have yet to respond to something that was asked of you days ago. Isn't that cowardly?

I only saw one question from you.

I replied to you asking who's body.

You want to go off on weapons go for it. I'm just not going to participate.

You made an extremely ridiculous statement that a zygote is a separate human from the woman and I pointed out how ridiculous that is.

If you want to change the subject because I got the best of you with your ridiculous statement go for it but I'm done with you.

If you want to be a coward fine. Go for it. Have a great time.

Meanwhile I'm done with you, you aren't honest and you make very ridiculous statements expecting people to just buy anything you post.

Intelligent people laugh at you and your ridiculous statements.

Is it more twisted than holding 1 drunk driver responsible when a line of 4 cars get into a wreck?

The rapist set the chain of events into motion, so he is responsible in such a case.

because that requires the rape victim to carry and give birth to the child. A child that she never consented to make.
So her feelings come above the life of the baby?

Man you dont hold that babys life in very high regard

I only saw one question from you.

I replied to you asking who's body.

You want to go off on weapons go for it. I'm just not going to participate.

You made an extremely ridiculous statement that a zygote is a separate human from the woman and I pointed out how ridiculous that is.

If you want to change the subject because I got the best of you with your ridiculous statement go for it but I'm done with you.

If you want to be a coward fine. Go for it. Have a great time.

Meanwhile I'm done with you, you aren't honest and you make very ridiculous statements expecting people to just buy anything you post.

Intelligent people laugh at you and your ridiculous statements.

Bye. :)

It depends, did the drunk driver cause the accident? Then it is completely logical to hold them responsible.

And as a woman is not a car in a car wreck, that means your comparison is illogical.

And no rape victim should ever be required to carry the child of a rapist to term, hence one of the great reasons abortion should remain legal.

It depends, did the drunk driver cause the accident? Then it is completely logical to hold them responsible.
well, in the case above, the rapist was the one who caused the pregnancy. It is therefore, logical, to hold them responsible for anything that may come of it, including an abortion.
And as a woman is not a car in a car wreck, that means your comparison is illogical.
it's a metaphor. put it together.
And no rape victim should ever be required to carry the child of a rapist to term, hence one of the great reasons abortion should remain legal.
Abortion should not be legal in all circumstances, no.

well, in the case above, the rapist was the one who caused the pregnancy. It is therefore, logical, to hold them responsible for anything that may come of it, including an abortion.
nope
it's a metaphor. put it together.

Abortion should not be legal in all circumstances, no.
who are you to think you get to decide if a woman can have an abortion or not?

so the rapist causes this whole wreck against the woman and her whole life, and he shouldn't be held responsible?
Why do you keep posting this kind of nonsense? The rapist is being held responsible for the rape and will have to sit in jail for a nice long time.
A voter, that's who I am, and that's all I need.
Roe v. Wade is not on the ballot last time I checked because it is a constitutional right.

Why do you keep posting this kind of nonsense? The rapist is being held responsible for the rape and will have to sit in jail for a nice long time.
and if she gets an abortion, he should be held responsible for that. I don't know of any prolifer who wouldn't hold him responsible.
Roe v. Wade is not on the ballot last time I checked because it is a constitutional right.
Tell that to all the states that have regulated abortion the last 40 years. Elections have consequences, shall i remind you?

and if she gets an abortion, he should be held responsible for that. I don't know of any prolifer who wouldn't hold him responsible.

Tell that to all the states that have regulated abortion the last 40 years. Elections have consequences, shall i remind you?
Where in law do we kill a child for the actions of another?

Back
Top Bottom