• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question for warmers

sawyerloggingon

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Where they have FOX on in bars and restaurants
Political Leaning
Independent
Right now you guys spend all your time and energy berating anyone who does not believe in AGW and it makes me wonder what you would actually do if you ever won the debate and convinced everyone that AGW was a clear and present danger. Lets say we are all on board and you have absolute power to implement your save the planet AGW agenda. What exactly would you do once the battle was won and it was time to put your philosophy into policy?

Right now you guys spend all your time and energy berating anyone who does not believe in AGW and it makes me wonder what you would actually do if you ever won the debate and convinced everyone that AGW was a clear and present danger. Lets say we are all on board and you have absolute power to implement your save the planet AGW agenda. What exactly would you do once the battle was won and it was time to put your philosophy into policy?

We do have AGW. The debate is what is causing global warming. Political policies to control it is a whole other can of worms. I think what the first Bush put into place is plausible. Ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist won't do much about the problem btw.

Last edited:
Carbon tax. Have a means to convert carbon pollution into a dollar amount and attribute it to the source. Just because an 1800's era coal plant was cheaper to run and burn coal in doesn't mean that pollution didn't have massive effects on individuals that lived around that plant.

We do have AGW. The debate is what is causing it. Political policies to control it is a whole other can of worms. I think what the first Bush put into place is plausible. Ignoring it or pretending it doesn't exist won't do much about the problem btw.

AGW stand for ANTHROPOGENIC global warming. The term itself is claiming what causes it: human activity.

I believe in AGW but I think it is too late to reverse it even if we could get everyone on board all at once. Best to start planning for the fallout.

AGW stand for ANTHROPOGENIC global warming. The term itself is claiming what causes it: human activity.

I believe in AGW but I think it is too late to reverse it even if we could get everyone on board all at once. Best to start planning for the fallout.

Thank you. I will correct that to read, "The debate is what is causing global warming" but the consensus of climatologist agree it is human activity. As far as correcting AGW, I hope some of it is reversible. Even if it means delaying the inevitable.

This has been done in most of the other developed nations in the world. Look at what Europe is doing.

The US is woefully behind the rest of the developed nations in both action to climate change and health care. But we do lead the developed world in firearm deaths per capita. So... we're number 1!!

This has been done in most of the other developed nations in the world. Look at what Europe is doing.

The US is woefully behind the rest of the developed nations in both action to climate change and health care. But we do lead the developed world in firearm deaths per capita. So... we're number 1!!

But from a climate change perspective, killing off your population is a good thing. The less breathers to worry about the better, right?

But from a climate change perspective, killing off your population is a good thing. The less breathers to worry about the better, right?

This comment shows that you have absolutely no understanding of carbon cycles or AGW.

You learned people breathe out CO2, and you think you have it solved. You're kinda like sawyer, but a bit less sophisticated.

This comment shows that you have absolutely no understanding of carbon cycles or AGW.

You learned people breathe out CO2, and you think you have it solved. You're kinda like sawyer, but a bit less sophisticated.

Nah, breathers are consumers. Their existence requires more resources, hence, the less of them, the better you are.

Can you be specific? What exactly would America do if you were in charge?

Carbon tax. Have a means to convert carbon pollution into a dollar amount and attribute it to the source. Just because an 1800's era coal plant was cheaper to run and burn coal in doesn't mean that pollution didn't have massive effects on individuals that lived around that plant.

So what would the carbon tax be per gallon of gasoline in this scenario?

Start a new thread where you word things like an adult and maybe you'll get more reasonable answers.

Look on the last thread that was started on this about a week ago.

I looked and couldn't find a similar thread. Which one exactly are you referring to? It would be helpful if you could just respond to my simple question in this thread though. Here it is again. We all end up in agreement that man is the cause of global warming. What would you have America do in response to this threat?

I looked and couldn't find a similar thread. Which one exactly are you referring to? It would be helpful if you could just respond to my simple question in this thread though. Here it is again. We all end up in agreement that man is the cause of global warming. What would you have America do in response to this threat?

Well, your incompetence does not demand my response, especially repeating a lengthy reply by typing on a phone.

Thread started by Papa Bull on 6/20. To which YOU responded.

Right because Europe is doing so well overall....

That would depend on how much you want to tax carbon. Nobody could give you a number until there is some agreed to price per ton of carbon.

Is there a number in your mind, a tax per gallon of gas that would prod people out of gas cars and into some alternative? One catch I can see is elec cars could very well be taxed the same as gas cars if the elec used came from a fossil fuel powered elec plant. Really not trying to discredit you here I am honestly wondering just how you guys would "fix" AGW. Vague answers like copy Europe don't cut it. Your response is at least honest, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom