• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question for Trump wall supporters

SonOfDaedalus

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Imagine the U.S. was taken over by radical Stalinists. Life is so miserable that you desperately want to move to a more free country but emigration is banned. Canada is just as bad. Your best hope is to escape through Mexico.

There's just one problem. Mexico has built a wall.

Would you give up your plans to escape because of the wall Mexico built? Would a wall discourage the kind of person so motivated that they would travel 1,000 miles on foot across territory controlled by drug cartels who are likely to rape or murder them?

I'm looking for honest rational answers.

Imagine the U.S. was taken over by radical Stalinists. Life is so miserable that you desperately want to move to a more free country but emigration is banned. Canada is just as bad. Your best hope is to escape through Mexico.

Would you give up your plans to escape because of the wall Mexico built? Would a wall discourage the kind of person so motivated that they would travel 1,000 miles on foot across territory controlled by drug cartels who are likely to rape or murder them?

Cuba.

According to open border advocates and other pro-illegal immigration scum a border wall is useless and will not stop illegal immigration. So using that logic how will it stop someone from fleeing then?

According to open border advocates and other pro-illegal immigration scum a border wall is useless. So using that logic how will it stop someone from fleeing then?

It seems asking Trump supporters for a rational answer may be asking too much.

I am no Trump supporter. If its rational for a open border and illegal immigration advocate to tell us that a border wall is useless and won't stop illegal immigration. Then it is just as rational for me to ask how this wall that you people say is useless will stop us from fleeing.

Imagine the U.S. was taken over by radical Stalinists. Life is so miserable that you desperately want to move to a more free country but emigration is banned. Canada is just as bad. Your best hope is to escape through Mexico. There's just one problem. Mexico has built a wall. Would you give up your plans to escape because of the wall Mexico built? Would a wall discourage the kind of person so motivated that they would travel 1,000 miles on foot across territory controlled by drug cartels who are likely to rape or murder them?I'm looking for honest rational answers.
No wall will stop them. One fact can cause fewer illegals. Make them ineligible for any social welfare relief. If they had to find relatives or friends in this Country to support them, the flow would be reduced. Would it be a trickle? That's an unknown because it depends how bad it is in their National home environment. The "banana Republics," of history and USA Corporatism./

They are not leaving the Stalinist lifestyle you described making your question a bit dishonest. Most of them coming here are doing so for the economic opportunities America offers. They are fleeing poverty.

I really cant answer what I would do if I were living under those circumstances. I do know that they are not entitled to circumvent our laws. Traveling a 1000 miles on foot is irrelevant.

Will a wall stop them from coming, probably not. What it does do is act as deterrent and it reduces how many illegally cross our border.

The government has an obligation to protect our sovereignty. Offering illegal aliens access to our social safety nets, giving them the privilege to vote, and offering them sanctuary from prosecution are all in direct conflict and is a dereliction of duty by our government.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Using the word 'scum' to describe people with differing options is rational? Actually in this day and age with Trump as Prez, unfortunately maybe it is.

But calling people deplorables is acceptable?

I am no Trump supporter. If its rational for a open border and illegal immigration advocate to tell us that a border wall is useless and won't stop illegal immigration. Then it is just as rational for me to ask how this wall that you people say is useless will stop us from fleeing.

Wow.

The post is clearly about the efficacy of a wall. I'm asking if a wall would prevent you from escaping exactly because I believe that the wall would be ineffective. Obviously, I believe a wall would be useless. I'm trying to help Trump wall supporters understand why. Motivated people won't be dissuaded by a wall. They'll do whatever it takes to climb the wall or go around it. If the risk of getting raped or murdered by drug cartels on their journey doesn't dissuade them what makes anyone think a wall will?

Wow.

The post is clearly about the efficacy of a wall. I'm asking if a wall would prevent you from escaping exactly because I believe that the wall would be ineffective. Obviously, I believe a wall would be useless. I'm trying to help Trump wall supporters understand why. Motivated people won't be dissuaded by a wall. They'll do whatever it takes to climb the wall or go around it. If the risk of getting raped or murdered by drug cartels on their journey doesn't dissuade them what makes anyone think a wall will?

How well someone can get over a wall depends on how it is built and it ifs properly manned.As far as I know no border wall supporter is saying build it and forget it. If Mexico was serious about stopping illegal entry into their country then their wall would be well built and properly manned and therefor extremely difficult or almost impossible to climb,tunnel under or get though. The fact that a few people may still get though is not a defense against building the wall.

Last edited:

Forget it. This has nothing to do with border security, Trump got his full budget request for that. This is purely about sticking it to the Dems and the $5 billion was only added after they took the House. Trump and his supporters only care about making the Dems bend to their will and don't care one bit about anything else. They will tear the country down trying too. They hate the fact that they are a small minority and will soon be out of power so a "scorched earth" policy is all the traitors can do.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mexico/2017/05/23/border-wall-funding-shrinks-trumps-2018-budget

Last edited:
Is calling an orange an orange deplorable?

So I am right calling open border advocates and pro-illegal immigration advocates a bunch of scum.

But calling people deplorables is acceptable?

Actually it's more like you call people scum for existing differently than you, I call you a deplorable because you make that choice: simple.

Actually it's more like you call people scum for existing differently than you, I call you a deplorable because you make that choice: simple.

Advocating for open borders and illegal immigration is a choice. It not existing different. So I call those people degenerate **** sucking piece of **** because of their choice to support those things:simple.

The fact some people may not be deterred does not mean attempting to deter should be abandoned. Besides, there are other reasons for the border wall.

How well someone can get over a wall depends on how it is built and it ifs properly manned.As far as I know no border wall supporter is saying build it and forget it. If Mexico was serious about stopping illegal entry into their country then their wall would be well built and properly manned.

Ahh...now we're talking. It's not the wall that would stop you. It's guards detecting you crossing the wall and apprehending you that would stop you.

So, why not spend money on the kind of security that detects people crossing the border rather than waste it on a wall that does nothing but create a high school gym physical fitness challenge?

I hope you understand my point. I'm fine with border security. So are Democrats. We're not fine with wasting money on a useless ugly wall.

The fact some people may not be deterred does not mean attempting to deter should be abandoned. Besides, there are other reasons for the border wall.

In other words, it will only deter people who are not highly motivated. Maybe the casual border crosser who goes in and out. I'm glad we agree and you now see what a waste of money it is.

What are the other reasons for a wall?

Ahh...now we're talking. It's not the wall that would stop you. It's guards detecting you crossing the wall and apprehending you that would stop you.

So, why not spend money on the kind of security that detects people crossing the border rather than waste it on a wall that does nothing but create a high school gym physical fitness challenge?

The extra border guards can be recalled at any time. A wall can't. Even with less border guards a wall can be properly manned and will still make it difficult for people to come into the country illegally.

I hope you understand my point. I'm fine with border security. So are Democrats. We're not fine with wasting money on a useless ugly wall.

I am sure there is a small fraction of democrats who want border security. Nancy Pelosi and other scum who for sanctuary cities, amnesty for illegals and other **** for people here illegally are not for border sercurity and lying their ass off when they say they are for border security.

Horse face.. S**t... . Scum... Enemies of the people... The list is endless. You're a Trump supporter and you really want to point fingers? Lol

If its not rational to call peope scum then its not rational to call people deplorable. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Back
Top Bottom