• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question for religious conservatives.

If there was a amniocentesis test that was 100% accurate that could determine if the fetus would group up to be LGBT or maybe an atheist would you then support abortion?

Keep the responses civil and on-topic. If you cannot do that then please do not respond.
Nope.

Religious conservatives hate LGBT people and oppose their equal rights or even their open existance.
That's a pretty broad generalization.

That's a pretty broad generalization.

That idea applies to many supposedly moderate churches like the Catholic church and Missouri Synod Lutherans, plus various Baptists churches, Nazarenes, and Mormons, among many others.

Dayton supports the Christian equivalent of Islamic Sharia law, while he claims to be a small-government conservative.

Ask him about his Neo-nazi avatar.

I can give you the internet source for the avatar image. It says nothing about it being "neo-nazi".

GOP Pillow Case by Grant_Devereaux - CafePress

And there is no Christian equivalent to Sharia Law.

I can give you the internet source for the avatar image. It says nothing about it being "neo-nazi".

Well, why would it? It's just a CafePress page.

Looks to me like the image was created from Nazi symbolism by Grant Devereaux. The symbol was created to show that the GOP are a bunch of Nazis. Might want to take a look at his Twitter page if you think he's on your side there. He's ridiculing you and any GOP'er.

Well, why would it? It's just a CafePress page.

Looks to me like the image was created from Nazi symbolism by Grant Devereaux. The symbol was created to show that the GOP are a bunch of Nazis. Might want to take a look at his Twitter page if you think he's on your side there. He's ridiculing you and any GOP'er.

Not my concern who he is or what his intent is.

Not my concern who he is or what his intent is.

Mmmmkay. So keep an avatar created to ridicule you. :shrug:

You never answered what Christian laws you think should be on the books? How should the Constitution be changed?

And there is no Christian equivalent to Sharia Law.

Any supposed conservative who supports using Nazi imagery as a personal identifier is logically a neo-nazi.

Anyone who supports using the government to enforce conservative Christian beliefs as secular law is equivalent to Sharia law, which is the enforcement of Islamic law by the government. This idea is banned by the separation of church and state that you have stated before that you oppose as well as the free exercise clause that guarantees all people of any faith and people of no faith the right to live and exercise their own religious beliefs. You have stated before that you want to minimize the ideas of Jefferson and Madison because they get in the way of your theocratic fantasy to enforce your Christian beliefs as law and recreate the US a conservative Christian country.

Your knowledge of the US Constitution is exceeded by a 3-minute Schoolhouse Rock snippet from the 1970s.

There could always be a Constitutional Amendment passed that made Christianity (generic, basic) the official religion of the United States

Any supposed conservative who supports using Nazi imagery as a personal identifier is logically a neo-nazi.

I don't support using Nazi imagery. As far as I'm concerned my avatar image is one I got doing a Google image search for "neo conservative".

I don't support using Nazi imagery. As far as I'm concerned my avatar image is one I got doing a Google image search for "neo conservative".

The stylized eagle with the wreath in its talons is an obvious nazi image. Only the swastika was removed and the GOP elephant was substituted. The meaning of the image is very obvious, despite your continued denials.

nazi-eagle-png-pictures-trzcacakrs-nazi-eagle-png-1080_1920.png

There could always be a Constitutional Amendment passed that made Christianity (generic, basic) the official religion of the United States

Organized religion is quickly dying in the US so that isn't about to happen. What you are suggesting would nullify both religious clauses in the First Amendment and make the US a Christian thocracy. Didn't you learn the lesson s from the protestant-cataholic wars in the 16th century of western Europe after the Protestant reformation and the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland? You would create the situation of a Christian ISIL in the US where the various Christian sects would fight for supremacy. The founders experienced the aftermath of the religious wars in Europe and put those religious clauses in place to prevent those wars from happening here by a mandate to keep the government and our laws secular

Organized religion is quickly dying in the US so that isn't about to happen. What you are suggesting would nullify both religious clauses in the First Amendment and make the US a Christian thocracy. Didn't you learn the lesson s from the protestant-cataholic wars in the 16th century of western Europe after the Protestant reformation and the "Troubles" in Northern Ireland? You would create the situation of a Christian ISIL in the US where the various Christian sects would fight for supremacy. The founders experienced the aftermath of the religious wars in Europe and put those religious clauses in place to prevent those wars from happening here by a mandate to keep the government and our laws secular

History never repeats itself. Despite what historians (who desperately want to appear relevant) love to claim.

History never repeats itself. Despite what historians (who desperately want to appear relevant) love to claim.

What is this supposed to mean? Are you predicting another Christian war of supremacy?

What is this supposed to mean? Are you predicting another Christian war of supremacy?

I'm saying your references to religious conflicts (some centuries ago) are irrelevant.

Religious conservatives hate LGBT people and oppose their equal rights or even their open existance.

In January of this his year, during a snowstorm, a car came flying into the parking lot of the apartment building where I live and smashed into my car. Sheared the nose right off. I was asleep on my couch on the third floor when it happened and didn’t hear a thing. About an hour later, when I stepped out onto my deck to have a cigarette, which overlooks the parking lot, I noticed it and ran downstairs. Standing in the snow during a storm, looking at my car and wondering aloud, how the hell I’m going to get to work in the morning, a woman came up to me and said she had seen the whole thing. That woman lived on the first floor directly beneath me. She and her lesbian partner had moved in a few months earlier. I had waved and said hi to her on occasion, like I do with other tenants in the building, but after that incident we became much friendlier.

According to you, being a “religious conservative,” I should hate them, but I don’t. In fact, I think they’re very nice people. I’m 63 and I’ve known a lot of gay and lesbian people, some very closely, and I’ve never hated any of them. Yes, I think marriage is between a man and a woman, but so what. It is not my place to condemn anyone, and that is exactly what Christ meant when he said judge not, lest ye be judged. We are not to condemn. Doesn’t mean we can’t have a difference of opinion on things, but that difference doesn’t necessarily translate to hate. You do yourself no favor by thinking that it does.

Last edited:

And the image was created by a liberal Democrat because he thinks that the GOP are Nazis. And you still have it as your avatar because ..... you don't care that it's symbolic of Nazism?

Why would they do that? This country was founded on freedom of religion, not a government religion.

And the image was created by a liberal Democrat because he thinks that the GOP are Nazis. And you still have it as your avatar because ..... you don't care that it's symbolic of Nazism?

I don't know the creator of the image or what his politics are. I like the image. Simple as that.

I don't know the creator of the image or what his politics are. I like the image. Simple as that.

Yes, you do - I just told you. You linked the CafePress webpage where the guy's name is. He's easily found on Twitter where it's obvious that he's not anywhere near a conservative. You saying that you like it means that you like thinking of the GOP as Nazis.

Yes, you do - I just told you. You linked the CafePress webpage where the guy's name is. He's easily found on Twitter where it's obvious that he's not anywhere near a conservative. You saying that you like it means that you like thinking of the GOP as Nazis.

That is not what the image means to me.

Actually, I was raised fundamentalist, have a brother who is gay and the family is still rocking on together without missing a beat. I attend a conservative church and personally don't know of anyone who expresses that view on abortion. Maybe some people here feel emboldened hiding behind a keyboard or just simply wish to push buttons. The only thing I know is that when I face judgement, I have to answer for my life, not how anyone else here lived theirs.
You are not a “conservative” Christian, as there is no such thing. One is either a Christian or not and you are just doing your best to live up to your faith. If only more people who use religion to mask bigotry would be like you, the world would be a better place.

Look you are not entitled to rights because you are lgtbqxyz. We do not have rights based on what groups we belong to.
So what do we base it on and who makes that determination? Should gay people have the same fights as all other or not?

We are all sinful. Homosexual acts is a sinful act just as much as adultery is.

Which to me is nothing more than a religious belief, not a fact. And if you're so against abortion, you should keep in mind that homosexuality greatly reduces unwanted pregnancies, which also significantly reduces the number of abortions.

Back
Top Bottom