• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A question big city voters need to ask themselves

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Voters in many big cities need to ask themselves this question----------Is my democrat run city better now than it was 4 years ago? Is Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago, NY, and Baltimore better off now than 4 years ago?

Anyone with half a brain would have to say NO!!!!!

Remember those democrats that ruined these big cities would ruin the whole country with their same failed leadership.

Stop them now vote Republican across the board.

Green Party is the only option for real progressives #VoteHowie

Voters in many big cities need to ask themselves this question----------Is my democrat run city better now than it was 4 years ago? Is Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Chicago, NY, and Baltimore better off now than 4 years ago?

Remember those democrats that ruined these big cities would ruin the whole country with their same failed leadership.

Maybe farmers should ask themselves the same thing.

But of course, people who live in big cities were generally better off 4 years ago. The Democratic mayors didn't change. What did?

It's not just cities. Your whole country was a better place the day you were born than it is today, I don't care how old you are. You're squandering your inheritance. Won't your kids be proud?

You're posts prove you to be at a significant disadvantage here; yet let me try and get at least a MORSEL, of info to you that won't just be so much more confirmation bias, Orange™ Kookaid®

Wikipedia said:
2017 Seattle mayoral election

Candidate Jenny Durkan Cary Moon
Party Nonpartisan Nonpartisan
Popular vote 122,442 95,251
Percentage 56.25% 43.75%

Did you even realize the GOP won't even run candidates, such a waste of resources it would be in light of the PRAYER of even really showing? Washington is NOT that bluue, Seattle, and the King County metro area is almost 70% of the blue all by itself, sometimes too "blue" to vote for a Democratic candidate!

Now you can go take another dump of a thread full of nonsense idiotic panic propaganda from your alt-right bubble, but dang, how can you fail so epically so often man? Isn't it even a little embarassing?

383018ef514987f50857762261db2a6b.jpg

The above Democrat post doesn't both seem rational or intelligent. Can someone please help explain what he (or she) is talking about?

Could you imagine being a big city voter and voting Democrat?

Of course. Minimum wage increased, urban environment protected, rapid transit strengthened, etc. You know, all the stuff that makes cities the creative places that set the pattern for progress, making property values soar, albeit with the negatives of service workers losing out.

Of course. Minimum wage increased, urban environment protected, rapid transit strengthened, etc. You know, all the stuff that makes cities the creative places that set the pattern for progress, making property values soar, albeit with the negatives of service workers losing out.

Minimum wage increases ($15 an hour) are a joke. Are you seriously fighting for $15 an hour at fast food joints right now in 2020?!?

Do you honestly believe Democrats have improved environmental conditions in urban environments since 2008 when Obama took office?!?

New York’s 4 biggest environmental threats | CSNY

Have you read about the rapid transit failure in California in which over $2 billion was completely wasted by Democrats?!?

U.S. cancels $929 million in California high speed rail funds after appeal rejected - Reuters

Let's debate kid ... I'm in the mood for fun.

The above Democrat post doesn't both seem rational or intelligent. Can someone please help explain what he (or she) is talking about?

Can you not read? Do you have to have someone write your overly stupid posts for you?

Should be clear enough for normal folks. Two non partisans ran against each other for mayor. No Repblican was even in the primary. The GOP doesn't waste resorces even trying.

Now, from the "qualtity" of your posts, I doubt you will comprehend any of this. Perhaps you can ask whoever it is that writes your awful posts for you if they can explain it to you?

If somehow you did get this, Maybe you can explain to "Logical1"? Maybe someone can ask him how voters elect Trumpublicans™, that don't run even in the primary prior to the "top two" general election?

You are absolutely right. If you have half a brain, you would say NO. Now if you have a brain, you would look at your individual circumstances and determine the answer for YOU accounting for many more elements that the Mayor of the City, elements like the IDIOT in the WH.

.....better now than it was 4 years ago?.....

.....better off now than 4 years ago?........

What-You-Did-There-I-See-It-Funny-Bird-Meme.png

Trump supporters are a special kind of stupid. ;)

You are absolutely right. If you have half a brain, you would say NO. Now if you have a brain, you would look at your individual circumstances and determine the answer for YOU accounting for many more elements that the Mayor of the City, elements like the IDIOT in the WH.

Two non partisans ran against each other in Seattle. Carrie Moon with about 17% in the primary, Jenny Durakan, who won had 27% in the prmary, and went on to win the general. The BEST democrat showing was 12% the best GOP candidate took a sliver over 2%. So yeah, sure, makes all kinds of sense that Seattleites OBVIOUSLY should have voted for the GOP candidate. Only the question remains WHAT GOP CANDIDATE?

AFAIK GOP candidates in Seattle are on their own for funding as the GOP is sensible enough to not waste money on lost causes, that are easily seeable.

Also interstingly, Non Democratic Mayor Jenny Durkan is pulling of a MIRACLE destroying her "democrat run city" that isn't run by Democratic party candidates?

Only in a Trump®et like "Logical1's" alt-right bubble/fantasy realm..... :lamo

Two non partisans ran against each other in Seattle. Carrie Moon with about 17% in the primary, Jenny Durakan, who won had 27% in the prmary, and went on to win the general. The BEST democrat showing was 12% the best GOP candidate took a sliver over 2%. So yeah, sure, makes all kinds of sense that Seattleites OBVIOUSLY should have voted for the GOP candidate. Only the question remains WHAT GOP CANDIDATE?

AFAIK GOP candidates in Seattle are on their own for funding as the GOP is sensible enough to not waste money on lost causes, that are easily seeable.

Also interstingly, Non Democratic Mayor Jenny Durkan is pulling of a MIRACLE destroying her "democrat run city" that isn't run by Democratic party candidates?

Only in a Trump®et like "Logical1's" alt-right bubble/fantasy realm..... :lamo

Seattle city government is, officially, non-partisan.
But there is no reason to suppose that if it was not, Seattle residents would vote for Republicans. They certainly don't when they vote for state legislature, Congress and the president.

Seattle city government is, officially, non-partisan.
But there is no reason to suppose that if it was not, Seattle residents would vote for Republicans. They certainly don't when they vote for state legislature, Congress and the president.

Basically it was one BAT**** crazy crystal gazing vegan princess earth mother to the left of "the left" candidate (Moon) vs Far left Durkan, yet, neither are or ever were democrats. City gov, may be "nonpartisan" but Democrats and Republicans can and do run and Democrats have won in the past, IDK about Republicans, probably have, but many years back.

The President is looking to pull federal tax dollars out of the city where I live and work in order to fire up his base.

Why would I vote for him?

The President is looking to pull federal tax dollars out of the city where I live and work in order to fire up his base.

Why would I vote for him?

Exactly. I have no idea where Donnie is going with this. Donnie is clearly no friend to the big urban centers in this country and the GOP simply could care less. Big city issues appear on the radar screen for about 7% of GOP voters. Whoopdie-ding-dong. Where do you think you are going Donnie.

On the other hand COVID kills within the Latinx community at 12x higher rate than among Whites and COVID kills at 5x higher rate among Blacks than among Whites. The large urban centers in this country are diverse in the main. So lets ask Trump's 2016 question of Blacks but now of both Black voters and Latinx voters. What have you got to lose if you vote for Trump? YOUR LIFE. That's what.

Basically it was one BAT**** crazy crystal gazing vegan princess earth mother to the left of "the left" candidate (Moon) vs Far left Durkan, yet, neither are or ever were democrats. City gov, may be "nonpartisan" but Democrats and Republicans can and do run and Democrats have won in the past, IDK about Republicans, probably have, but many years back.

Would these bat**** crazy folks have lost if they had run formally as Democrats? Of course not.

Minimum wage increases ($15 an hour) are a joke. Are you seriously fighting for $15 an hour at fast food joints right now in 2020?!?

++ Min wages should keep pace with inflation. They haven’t. Pay a few more cents for your burger.

Do you honestly believe Democrats have improved environmental conditions in urban environments since 2008 when Obama took office?!?

++ Didn’t know Obama was a mayor.

New York’s 4 biggest environmental threats | CSNY

++ I presume there are republican run cities that don’t measure up as well.

Have you read about the rapid transit failure in California in which over $2 billion was completely wasted by Democrats?!?

U.S. cancels $929 million in California high speed rail funds after appeal rejected - Reuters

++ First, that’s not urban rapid transit. Second, I am ambivalent about the high speed rail out here. On the one hand, it seems like an attempt to impose an East Coast system that does well, on a west coast consciousness — Californians won’t get out of our cars. On the other hand, it is possible that the Central Valley will become one metro area from Sacramento to Bakersfield, and that this might be seen in the future as the right visionary call. (Calif’s Central Valley has some pretty bad air.) San Mateo County rejected the BART system in the early 1960s much to its regret. Prior to that in the 1950s oil and auto companies caused the destruction of light rail systems in parts of urban America. The By Area’s BART system runs over the same right of way in some places as the Key System that was torn down. Finally, in the SF Bay Area where I live rapid transit systems work well.

Let's debate kid ... I'm in the mood for fun.

++ The game’s afoot, Watson.

Back
Top Bottom