• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A proposal to solve the gun crisis

That's right! We must allow madmen easy access to whatever firearms their evil hearts desire. Anything less is tyranny!
What makes it 'hard' to access firearms? Then tell me what laws will address that.

I’ve explained it, at length. But, you made up your mind beforehand that you didn’t like it. So, why revisit this?

National firearm registry. Standardized gun laws across the board at the federal level. Personal protection is not a valid use case. Hunting and sportsmanship is. If you want a gun make an appointment for a hearing with the ATF or another federal body and plead your case that you hunt. Bring a letter as testimony from relatives along with any other proof you see fit.
Please address the specifics of the post you responded to. I explained why your idea wont work. Now you backpedal and just say, 'make your case'...after I point out that your idea does not reflect reality in any way. :rolleyes: How 'convenient.' I wonder how many black people would be allowed their "hunting" rifles? Are you encouraging racist policies? How many women would get their 'hunting' rifles approved?**

And it's ludicrous for a Constructional right. There's not even close to any such infringements on exercising other rights. Not only that, I clearly demonstrated to you that a person can easily commit mass shootings of 10-20 with a single hunting rifle. So...your "solution" is still useless. (choose gun free zones, confined areas, no one is suspecting/ambush, etc)

Not only that, hunting is not even remotely implied in the 2A so to propose legislation OUTSIDE the parameters of the amendment is just useless. If anything, hunting would not be protected under the 2A. (SD is also not referred to in the 2A but some make a case for it. I dont.)

**(No one can prove they hunt until they have a gun :rolleyes: Unskilled people bow hunting is inhumane. And the only proof would be a kill. That takes years for some people who *already have a gun.* :rolleyes:) Yes, it's obvious you just want to ban private ownership of guns. Please just admit it.

Last edited:
What makes it 'hard' to access firearms? Then tell me what laws will address that.
The same thing that makes it hard to access the money in a bank vault. Accountability. Of course, if you have easy access to firearms, you can also get the money in a bank vault, right?

But accountability = tyranny when it come to guns in America. Makes me want to puke. Every goddamn week some nut job destroys lives at random, and all you 2nd amendment people can do is shrug. Oh well, the price we pay to live free.

Shooting down any solutions and replacing potential ideas with negatives instead of building on forward thinking is a chronic and terminal trend in American politics and for many, life in general. If defeatism and despondency were the dominant traits of the movers and shakers who have moved this country forward instead, we would still be dancing around fire-pits in loincloths pounding drums made from sacrificed virgins.

Thanks for falling in line with the vast masses and stubbornly digging in your heels looking for fatalisms and negativity....maybe run for Congress? Your approach whuld be a shoe in for perpetual partisan obstructionism, for sure.
Nice try, but calling it negativity doesn't change the fact that offering $1000, no questions asked would generate a powerful incentive to steal guns and fence them - to the government, paid for with taxpayer dollars. That's not negativity - that's a real flaw in your plan that deserves being pointed out.

The same thing that makes it hard to access the money in a bank vault. Accountability. Of course, if you have easy access to firearms, you can also get the money in a bank vault, right?

But accountability = tyranny when it come to guns in America. Makes me want to puke. Every goddamn week some nut job destroys lives at random, and all you 2nd amendment people can do is shrug. Oh well, the price we pay to live free.
I dont get you. What about accountability? If I commit any crime, I should expect to be held accountable.

What do we know about Brandon Scott Hole?

Nothing!

The Star tells us, "Officials from the prosecutor's office told IndyStar Sunday they are looking into the specifics of the matter and hope to provide comment as early as Monday afternoon."
Late on a Monday afternoon on the West Coast and still nothing about Hole or his family. Nothing from his computer. Nothing from social media.

The Republicans in Indiana just want this to go away. It's bad enough as it is. A suicidal kid interviewed by law enforcement was able to legally buy two assault weapons.

Days later Brandon Scott Hole remains an enigma.

Until we have a communication crisis, I don’t see why you would suggest we take a more orthodox approach to the 1A.

We do. Twitter and other social media platforms are encouraging us to hate each other, and media tells deliberate falsehoods.

Clearly the only answer is to let only the State control modern means of communication. That way we will be better protected from hate speech, incitement, and the like.

The 2A was poorly written and has been open to misinterpretation for a long time. Pretty much the same goes for the entire US Constitution. Sometimes people say the 2A is about guns, sometimes self-defense, sometimes militias. I'm not aware of another amendment that's (at least partly) about certain physical objects, especially very lethal ones, so the 2A is pretty unique.

I don't subscribe to your philosophy about the BOR at all; that's just another conservative notion, a ploy to protect (your favored interpretation of) the 2A.
It’s only misinterpreted by people who want to pretend it doesn’t mean what it clearly means.

I dont get you. What about accountability? If I commit any crime, I should expect to be held accountable.

Every madman was a law abiding citizen right up to the moment he pulls the trigger. And according to you 2nd amendment lovers, that is as it should be. No one should be denied any firearm or any amount or type of ammo they want. No matter how many innocent people perish, it must be this way or we are enslaved, just like those poor souls in Canada, Great Britain, Germany, France, and every other civilized nation on the planet.

Every madman was a law abiding citizen right up to the moment he pulls the trigger. And according to you 2nd amendment lovers, that is as it should be.
Very wrong. Most criminals and most of these mass shooters plan their crimes. The mass shooters often have journals for planning. They live for the planning, since many plan to die. These recent ones ALL recently purchased their firearms. Sorry, facts not in evidence at all for your statement.

Now we know why the Republican-run government didn't want tell us anything about Brandon Scott Hole.
The Republicans in Indiana have clamped on national coverage concerning Hole, but the local news continues to dig up information on him, although, days later, we still don't know a thing about Hole or his family, Nothing of a personal nature, that is.

The IndyStar reports, "The 19-year-old man who police say fatally shot eight people at a FedEx facility Thursday night had white supremacist websites on his computer when officers searched his home in March 2020, Indianapolis police said Monday night.

"An Indianapolis Metropolitan Police report from March 3, 2020 for a mental health check in which Brandon Scott Hole, the suspect in Thursday’s shooting, was detained for reportedly threatening to commit “suicide by cop” said an officer “observed what through his training and experience indicated" was white supremacist websites on the teen’s computer after police had confiscated a shotgun from the home."

A few months later Holt was able to legally purchase two AR-15 style assault rifles. He used both to kill eight people at the FedEx facility in Indianapolis.

No wonder Indiana Republicans are trying to shut this down as quickly as possible, which explains the absence of national coverage.

On March 16, a man who police say went on a rampage at three spas in the Atlanta area, killing eight people, was charged with eight counts of murder in connection with the attacks.

On March 22, a mass shooting occurred at a King Soopers supermarket in Boulder, Colorado. Ten people were killed, including a local on-duty police officer.

A man has been charged with second-degree murder after an 11-month-old girl was killed and two other children were injured in a weekend drive-by shooting in New York, authorities said.

According to Syracuse police, three girls were sitting in the back seat of a car when someone in a passing vehicle opened fire on them.

At least five people are dead, including two children, in what police in York County, S.C., called a “case of a mass shooting” that involved a former National Football League player as the gunman.

On the day of the President's E.O.'s on gun control, one person was killed and at least four others were wounded in a shooting at an industrial park in Bryan, Texas.

A confrontation in a Tennessee high school that involved police officers responding to a report of a possible armed man left one person dead and an officer wounded, authorities said. The school was the subject of media reports in February after three students were shot to death over a three-week span.

Today, Police were working to identify a gunman and determine his motive for opening fire at a FedEx facility near the Indianapolis airport, killing eight people and taking his own life in the latest mass shooting to rock the U.S.

Deputy Chief Craig McCartt of the Indianapolis police said the gunman started randomly shooting at people in the parking lot late Thursday night and then went into the building, where he shot himself shortly before police entered the facility.

McCartt said four people were killed outside the building and another four inside. Several people were also wounded, including five taken to the hospital.

The carnage took just a couple of minutes. “It did not last very long,” he said.

The US has had at least 45 mass shootings, according to CNN reporting and an analysis of data from the Gun Violence Archive (GVA), local media, and police reports. The US has seen at least 147 mass shootings in 2021.

It is past time for reasonable gun controls, but Republicans will not allow that to happen. They do nothing, and they say nothing as this murderous rampage continues.
1618973267420.png

That happened in 1999. Youre not making any sense whatsoever. Again, what gun crisis are you talking about?

denying reality does not make it not exist, it just makes you in denial

Peace

Back
Top Bottom