• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A project I'd like to see the US do

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
We can do a lot in the area of cyber. Including against Russia.

I'd like to see the US produce a video for the Russian people about the war on Ukraine, and find ways to distribute it to them. I don't see any reason this can't be done. Putin is using lies and censorship as part of his war, and that should be attacked. Why aren't we doing this? I was planning this thread yesterday, then today saw Schwarzeneggar's video that's a step in this direction.

I'd like to see the US produce a video for the Russian people about the war on Ukraine, and find ways to distribute it to them. I don't see any reason this can't be done. Putin is using lies and censorship as part of his war, and that should be attacked. Why aren't we doing this? I was planning this thread yesterday, then today saw Schwarzeneggar's video that's a step in this direction.
The only problem that I see is that no Russian would want to be caught dead with a copy of said video. They can get 15 years for using the word war.

I’m not sure sending a video that could get someone arrested for viewing it is a well thought out plan. I understand the concept but don’t think in reality it would have the desired outcome.

I agree with the two responses. The truth does get through, and Putin can't arrest the truth. Anything directed at the general public must come from within. For one thing, the Russians know what they're doing, we don't. Secondly, bombing the country with videos could backfire. It would play into Putin's hands.

I'd like to see the US produce a video for the Russian people about the war on Ukraine, and find ways to distribute it to them. I don't see any reason this can't be done. . . .
It CAN be done, but it would be a wasted effort.

Approx 2/3 of the Russian people approve of the ethnic cleansing aggression against Ukraine. Russians generally regard American propaganda as propaganda, just as Americans regard Russian propaganda as propaganda.

The first casualty of any war is the truth.

What makes you think what the Democrat propaganda machine, a.k.a. mainstream media, is reporting the truth? It would certainly be the first time that has ever happened. Whatever you are picking up from the media in the US is certainly not the truth, far from it. The US media operates entirely at the whim of the Democratic Party and only publishes that party's propaganda exclusively. They have as much credibility as Pravda or any Russian propaganda machine, which is to say none at all.

One would have to be incredibly stupid to believe anything CNN, NBC, ABC, CBS, or MSNBC has to say. These are the very same propagandists who pushed the Russian collusion lie for four consecutive years, and still believes their own BS. So it is absolutely certain that US media, a.k.a. "Enemy of the People," is deliberately lying once again. Just like good leftist filth always do.

Approx 2/3 of the Russian people approve of the ethnic cleansing aggression against Ukraine. Russians generally regard American propaganda as propaganda, just as Americans regard Russian propaganda as propaganda.

Talk about disproving your own position. You're getting it very wrong.

That's a weakness of Putin, that his position is vulnerable because it's based on lies.

Yes, there is a competition between the lies and the truth. But I'm going to say that I think is is VERY POSSIBLE and not that hard for the US to create content which is convincing to many Russians. It can include war footage, trusted voices, captured Russians, a clip of the Russian broadcaster who held up the sign, on and on, that would convince many, many Russians of the truth.

That's now we can change that number. It's like when that lawyer for trump called the Pentagon demanding they launch a rescue mission in Germany for the CIA Director who was there stranded and wounded, while the CIA Director responded no, she's sitting in her office, hasn't been to Germany. Not hard to disprove.

The only problem that I see is that no Russian would want to be caught dead with a copy of said video. They can get 15 years for using the word war.
They don't have to be 'caught with it'. And when the bulk of the Russian people get the truth and respond, there's safety in numbers.

They don't have to be 'caught with it'. And when the bulk of the Russian people get the truth and respond, there's safety in numbers.
The 2/3 of the European Jewish population that were wiped out during the Holocaust may disagree with that statement,

Here is a twice-Putin-poisoned Russian dissident saying the project I describe should be one of the top priorities for the west.

There are many videos. How do you get them to the average Russian?

There are many videos. How do you get them to the average Russian?
As I said, we have powerful cyber capabilities; as I understand Russians still have access to some parts of the internet; I don't have a specific method but think they can find ways. For example, I heard of activists who are sending messages to thousands of Russian cell phones - the US cyber forces could easily do things like that.

Cyber bully’s! And cyber attacks! Russia. Feel the burn. Wow that’s hot. Let’s rally for insanity! A free for all, pun intended. This is a comedy post right?

Here is a twice-Putin-poisoned Russian dissident saying the project I describe should be one of the top priorities for the west.

Twice poisoned and still alive .....talk about some awesome genes .........

Cyber bully’s! And cyber attacks! Russia. Feel the burn. Wow that’s hot. Let’s rally for insanity! A free for all, pun intended. This is a comedy post right?
Well, your post means it at least includes a joke.

Thanks for the comedy.

I'm would be surprised if they are not already doing things like that.

A former CIA head of the Russia division was asked what he'd want to do if still there, and he said one thing, exactly this, get the truth to the Russian people, calling it 'extremely critical'.

Back
Top Bottom