• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Praise Report I Must Share.

vesper

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I have a neighbor who was not saved but hubby and I love him so and have been praying for him. He has been very ill for months. He has been in and out of the hospital and to the nursing home for rehab and back to the hospital. He has undergone 3 surgeries. He is back in the nursing home rehab but his condition is faltering.

We call him often just to say hi because at this time no one can go to visit during this corona virus. We ask him if he wants anything and have dropped off items he was wanting. But they put whatever you send into quarantine for 24 hours before they will give it to him.

Last week when talking to him over the phone I asked him if he would like for me to pray with him at that time. He told me no. He told me you could pray for me if I liked but he didn't believe. Yesterday he called me and hubby and told us he has accepted Yeshua/Jesus as his savior and ask for forgiveness for his sin. It was important for him to let us know and said if he gets to go home he wants to go to church with his wife.

Please pray for Dan.

I have a neighbor who was not saved but hubby and I love him so and have been praying for him. He has been very ill for months. He has been in and out of the hospital and to the nursing home for rehab and back to the hospital. He has undergone 3 surgeries. He is back in the nursing home rehab but his condition is faltering.

We call him often just to say hi because at this time no one can go to visit during this corona virus. We ask him if he wants anything and have dropped off items he was wanting. But they put whatever you send into quarantine for 24 hours before they will give it to him.

Last week when talking to him over the phone I asked him if he would like for me to pray with him at that time. He told me no. He told me you could pray for me if I liked but he didn't believe. Yesterday he called me and hubby and told us he has accepted Yeshua/Jesus as his savior and ask for forgiveness for his sin. It was important for him to let us know and said if he gets to go home he wants to go to church with his wife.

Please pray for Dan.

It sounds to me as though this man has reached the fifth stage of death and dying as explained by Psychiatrist Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. I have been with more than my share of people in their last hours before death and have witnessed people transition through these five stages. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Yes, I will certainly say some prayers for Dan. Although I don't know him and never will know him, there's no person on earth facing death that doesn't deserve our prayers to help make their journey easier.

It sounds to me as though this man has reached the fifth stage of death and dying as explained by Psychiatrist Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross. I have been with more than my share of people in their last hours before death and have witnessed people transition through these five stages. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Yes, I will certainly say some prayers for Dan. Although I don't know him and never will know him, there's no person on earth facing death that doesn't deserve our prayers to help make their journey easier.

Thank you very much.

Update on Dan. We had not talked to Dan for 3 days and today we called and learned that in three days he has doubled the distance they have him walking with a walker which now is 110 feet. He was in good spirits. He also said someone dropped off a Bible for him to read. He said he has been reading some but every time he gets into it someone comes in to interrupt taking blood, therapy, medication etc. I asked was the food good and did he get any ice cream? He said yes but not what he is craving which is Hershey bars and Reese cups. We will get him a couple Hershey bars and Reese cups and drop them off at the nursing home. They will put it in quarantine for 24 hours before they will give it to him. We did that at Easter but when we did, we tell the person to please check and make sure he is allowed to have candy. There were no restrictions.

Looks like he will be there for a couple more weeks if he continues to improve. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart thank you for your prayers.

Today Dan passed. All of April and May was in and out of the hospital to the nursing homeland back to the hospital. No one was allowed to visit him because of COVID. He would call every couple of days just to chat and we would do the same. For sometime he has been begging to come home but the doctors said that they had to try and get him stable enough to make the move. So on Thursday he came home. His sons worked all day building a ramp for the doorway so they could take him outside for some fresh air and visit. They also had to move out an entire room of furniture so Hospice could set up the hospital bed, oxygen etc. He wasn't home for an hour and his son came over and said his dad would like to see us. So we had a good visit. I asked him did anything sound good to him and he replied a chicken thigh. The whole family needed to eat so we got enough chicken and sides for two days. Later his son came over and told me his dad really enjoyed that chicken thigh. It took him over an hour to eat it but he did.

Dan wanted to make it to their 50th wedding anniversary. The Lord granted Dan that one. Today was he and his wife of 50 years anniversary. Hubby and I sent an arrangement and thank G-d it was delivered at 9:30 in the morning. He passed later in the afternoon. Dan for 23 years has been like a brother to hubby and I. We will miss him. But all those years I knew he was not a believer and he knew we were but we loved each other.

In my original post I told of Dan accepting Christ. He was so excited and wanted to share that good news with both of us. Yesterday he was asking for the Study Bible with large print that Hubby and I gave him, evidently the Nursing Home has misplaced it.
Today Dan is in paradise just like the thief on the cross next to Yeshua/Jesus.
Some day we will see each other again.

Back
Top Bottom