• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Plea for Caution From Russia

"After deep consideration and for the good of the country, I have elected to step down from my position as Commander in Chief effective immediately"

Exactly, so there is NOTHING Obama could have done with Syria that you guys wouldn't criticize .... WHich is why no one should or does take your criticism seriosly.

Exactly, so there is NOTHING Obama could have done with Syria that you guys wouldn't criticize .... WHich is why no one should or does take your criticism seriosly.

And none of us take your acceptance of the latest spin as anything more than 'par for the course'.

How you can spin a series of diplomatic blunders into a feat of magnificence is beyond me.

BTW: after y'all get through patting each other on the back...you might want to check this out.

Assad forces said to use poison gas in new Damascus attack | The Times of Israel

Nicely written, and showcases well the Russian concerns in the modern world.

Fallen.

I'm so sick of the "Obama is Putin's bitch" routine.

I suppose it's because there are more peaceniks in the dems than the rebpubs, it seems more people hate Obama than hated Bush. I thought that would be impossible.

wasn't Obama the one who went on the world wide apology tour apologizing for America being bullies. And what has Obama become nothing but a bully

Yeah, Obama is bullying the dictator that targeted ~50k civilians in 2 years.

:roll:

wasn't Obama the one who went on the world wide apology tour apologizing for America being bullies. And what has Obama become nothing but a bully

No that's just something that exists in your head and the heads of similar non-thinkers.

Let's remember that the Putin plan, like the many Obama plans, for Syria is simply talk. How exactly is the U.S. interest served by mere talk of "eventual" destruction of CWs in Syria? The Putin plan leaves Assad intact, offers him greater support and access to conventional weapons from Russia and Iran to continue to kill any that oppose his rule. Once upon a time, mere weeks ago, Obama sought regime change and to punish (to varying degrees) Assad for his "crimes against humanity". This, as far as I can tell is still the Obama plan - help fund a "quiet" civil war in Syria that will cause many more civilian deaths than the recent CW attack produced.

The U.S. can either leave Assad alone or seek to overthrow him as efficiently and quickly as possible. I oppose the idea of arming selected "rebels" in Syria - the real Obama plan, as this did not cause peace, love and tie dye to spread in Lybia. We now send millions to whatever passes for a gov't in Lybia as they tell us to go pound sand when we seek to punish those responsible for the murders of U.S. personnel in Benghazi. The idea of establishing pretend gov'ts in these basically ungovernable "nations" is not working any better than simply dealing with their current dicators - at least with dictators we know who pretends to be "in charge".

And none of us take your acceptance of the latest spin as anything more than 'par for the course'.

How you can spin a series of diplomatic blunders into a feat of magnificence is beyond me.

BTW: after y'all get through patting each other on the back...you might want to check this out.

Assad forces said to use poison gas in new Damascus attack | The Times of Israel

I'm not spinning anything, I'm saying this is the best outcome.

Again, what would you have prefered Obama done?

"After deep consideration and for the good of the country, I have elected to step down from my position as Commander in Chief effective immediately"

Yes! The exact words that GW Bush, the first torturer, should have used.

The report was based on rebel sources, who said the attack took place in the Jobar neighborhood of the capital. The rebel sources said they could not tell what kind of chemical weaponry had been used, but that it was a poison gas of some kind, and was causing injuries, including breathing difficulties.

Footage posted to YouTube, and broadcast on Al Arabiya TV, showed a young man having trouble breathing, and receiving medical treatment. There were no immediate reports of fatalities.

Sounds like tear gas. Spin on my friend, spin on.

Sounds like tear gas. Spin on my friend, spin on.

Regardless of who fired it, it does appear to be Sarin Gas.

You can justify it away by calling it tear gas but tear gas doesn't kill people typically.

The first effects of Sarin Toxity resemble "breathing problems".

Runny nose, tightness in the chest, dialated pupils. Atropine and Pralidoxime can counter the effects of the Nerve gas if administered quickly.

It kills through suffocation as it acts on muscular nerve endings and forces them to stay "on" and its 26 times more deadly than Cyanide.

It's extremely volatile and can even penetrate the skin.

It's a extremely deadly compound and it's deserves it's stigma as it is usually fired into areas of high civillian populations where it kills indiscriminately upon its release.

Like a hemmrhoid.

He wasn't my favorite POTUS either but, a least he stuck by his word and didn't flip-flop like this big eared pansy.

The world might of hated us before but now, they laugh at us.

None or very few of the things he did do.

Ms. Dowd of the NYT sums it up nicely.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/opinion/dowd-who-do-you-trust.html?ref=maureendowd

Dude, that isn't the answer ... ok Let me rephrase it so that maybe you don't have to say (even hypothetically) "good job obama" (I realize given the amount of hate you hold in your heart that would be impossible).

What would YOU HAVE DONE.

(Saying not what Obama did, isn't an answer, what you you HAVE DONE).

He wasn't my favorite POTUS either but, a least he stuck by his word and didn't flip-flop like this big eared pansy.

The world might of hated us before but now, they laugh at us.

Really ... people wern't laughing when Bush was in office? Have you been outside the US?

Dude, that isn't the answer ... ok Let me rephrase it so that maybe you don't have to say (even hypothetically) "good job obama" (I realize given the amount of hate you hold in your heart that would be impossible).

What would YOU HAVE DONE.

(Saying not what Obama did, isn't an answer, what you you HAVE DONE).

I would let those bastards kill themselves and stayed the Hell out of their civil war.

I wouldn't have taken us to the edge of a world war.

Really ... people wern't laughing when Bush was in office? Have you been outside the US?
Why this obsession with Bush?

Obama is responsible for the state of affairs in the ME now......deal with it!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/12/o...ution-from-russia-on-syria.html?src=twr&_r=3&

It has become very sad times when i and im willing to bet the majority of America have more belief, faith, trust, and in agreement with Putin President of Russia then i do our own president

Obama shown us and the word that he is an Amateur and has no business running a boy scout troop let alone a country. he is an embarrassment

what we have seen in the last week is the results of a community organizer facing off with a spy master and Obama had his ass handed to him on a silver platter. Obama has become Putins bitch

You certainly do have any respect for the American people, do you? Do you find that you have more belief, faith, and trust in Vladimir Putin than your own President?
Our President has fought vigorously for the rights of all American citizens, amid hatred and criticism. He would stand idly by while children are being gassed with Saran. He would not imprison innocent women for expounding their point of view, and he certainly would not advocate violence against gays and lesbians.
It was Vladimir Putin who was handed his ass, minus his pink panties.
Why are you proliferating such hatred against your own country?

I would let those bastards kill themselves and stayed the Hell out of their civil war.

I wouldn't have taken us to the edge of a world war.

The edge of a world war? Are you insane? The US bombing Syria is not the edge of a world war.

But ok ... you would have just let Assad gas his own people, fair enough.

Why this obsession with Bush?

Obama is responsible for the state of affairs in the ME now......deal with it!

Obama is responsible for some of it, Bush is responsible for a lot of it.

The point is saying the world is laughing at us, now, with Obama, as if they wern't with Bush, is plainly ignorant.

Back
Top Bottom