• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A Peek Inside the mind of convicted murder Scott Dozier

Trippy Trekker

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Scott Dozier, a frustrated Death Row inmate in Nevada, appears to have succeeded at hanging himself.

I read a bit about his two convictions for murder. In the video provided, he claims to live by a strict moral code. In light of what I know about him, I find his views more than a bit twisted.

In Scott Dozier's case, I support the Death Penalty. Do you have an opinion?

What views are those?

Two of Dozier's statements immediately come to mind:

1. He stated he lived by a strict moral code without defining that code.
2. He stated he had a clear conscience.

I believe Dozier shot and killed, then chopped up and discarded one of his victims.

Do you have an opinion regarding Dozier receiving a Death Penalty?

Are you talking just to talk?

How are those (#'s 1&2) twisted?

Not many people would claim to have a strict moral code that involves killing and dismembering people and having a clear conscience.

So for the majority of people that would be classed as being twisted and deranged.

Not many people would claim to have a strict moral code that involves killing and dismembering people and having a clear conscience.

So for the majority of people that would be classed as being twisted and deranged.
That doesn't answer the question.

For all we know the first comment was directed at his willingly wanting the death penalty imposed on him.
And his clear conscious could be from admitting to his errors and wanting the death penalty as punishment.
Do you know?
I certainly do not and asked the other person what was actually twisted. Clearly he doesn't know either.

, I find his views more than a bit twisted.
What views are those?

I believe Dozier shot and killed, then chopped up and discarded one of his victims.
Are you talking just to talk?

How are those (#'s 1&2) twisted?
Are you still going to avoid supporting your claim and clarifying how #'s 1 & 2 are twisted?
Do you really not realize the question is relevant to what you said?

Do you have an opinion regarding Dozier receiving a Death Penalty?

Regarding #1 above, he did describe his code a bit, in that he claimed he'd never harmed women, children, or law abiding citizens.

Apparently other criminals and police are fair game.

So his code has room for incredible violence against other criminals, and as he pointed also out, criminals can't call the police. They have to enforce their own rules, and going overboard (with mutilations) is a way to avoid having to do it often.

So I can see how he's rationalized his acts as within the rules all participants had agreed to.

He obviously arrived at a conclusion where his life isn't worth continuing and I can't say I blame him.

Bit of a waste, but this is what hard drugs often lead to. Teach your kids better.

Regarding #1 above, he did describe his code a bit, in that he claimed he'd never harmed women, children, or law abiding citizens.

Apparently other criminals and police are fair game.

So his code has room for incredible violence against other criminals, and as he pointed also out, criminals can't call the police. They have to enforce their own rules, and going overboard (with mutilations) is a way to avoid having to do it often.

So I can see how he's rationalized his acts as within the rules all participants had agreed to.

He obviously arrived at a conclusion where his life isn't worth continuing and I can't say I blame him.

Bit of a waste, but this is what hard drugs often lead to. Teach your kids better.

IMO, Dozier's ability to reconcile with a clear conscience and a strict moral code what he did to Miller reflected obvious twisted thinking.

IMO, Dozier's ability to reconcile with a clear conscience and a strict moral code what he did to Miller reflected obvious twisted thinking.

I'm not opposed to the term, but twisted is pretty vague, yeah?

He admits he was on meth at the time, and it's known to trigger people to do very strange things.

He appears to have done a lot of self searching, thought through his acts, and yes reconciled a brutal murder.

If you ever watched old samurai movies, you see this sort of thing regularly. Someone is forced to kill themselves, or stand by while someone they love is killed, because of rules of conduct that don't really make sense outside that culture.

I expect this guy feels his victim forced his hand, being another participant in his code of rules where getting ripped off by a criminal associate justifies violent revenge. Having already killed the guy, might as well build the reputation in his criminal under-culture with a bit of dismemberment. It's not like it hurts his victim extra.

Doesn't make him nice or good, it just illustrates that humans can rationalize nearly any behavior you can imagine.

He admits he was on meth at the time, and it's known to trigger people to do very strange things.

He appears to have done a lot of self searching, thought through his acts, and yes reconciled a brutal murder.

If you ever watched old samurai movies, you see this sort of thing regularly. Someone is forced to kill themselves, or stand by while someone they love is killed, because of rules of conduct that don't really make sense outside that culture.

I expect this guy feels his victim forced his hand, being another participant in his code of rules where getting ripped off by a criminal associate justifies violent revenge. Having already killed the guy, might as well build the reputation in his criminal under-culture with a bit of dismemberment. It's not like it hurts his victim extra.

Doesn't make him nice or good, it just illustrates that humans can rationalize nearly any behavior you can imagine.

I bolded the parts of your post that I strongly agree with. I appreciate that Dozier succeeded in killing himself.

Dozier apparently shot Miller in the head to steal $12000. Then Dozier apparently chopped Miller up. More power to you if that doesn't reconcile with your notion of twisted thinking. What I consider twisted might very well seem normal to someone under the influence of meth. Cheers! Thank you for sharing some of your thoughts on Dozier.

He was convicted of being involved in killing two people. One was dismembered and stuffed in a suitcase, the other found in a plastic container.

In all likely hood he ripped off the first one (who was seeking to buy ephedrine (or psuedoephedrine) and had $12000 in cash for the purchase of it from Drozier. So the killing was likely more due to wanting to steal the $12000.

Wrong as what you say is wrong headed.
Nor have you established what he was referring to.
All you have dine is made things up to believe.

Back
Top Bottom