• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, NASCAR says

So, this would have to be a NASCAR employee. No one else would have access to a driver's garage. I'm a little surprised someone would risk a high paying, relatively prestigious job by pulling a stunt like this. But, stranger things have happened, for sure.

There is also the other option.

Time will tell.

Yup, my thoughts exactly - wait till CCTV tells us what happened...

Spare us the leftwing beta yak. Democrats are supporting the guy who eulogized a bona fide KKK founding chapter member. The same KKK Grand Wizard that was Hillary Clinton's mentor according to her.

Actually, republicans do the same thing in their support for confederate statues, and the KKK founder, Nathan Bedford Forrest. They also praised Strom Thurmond, the head of of the Dixicrats. When it comes to race, there is plenty of sin to go around.

Robert Byrd is actually a success story. He turned away from the klan and the Conservative Southern racist way of thinking.

And make no mistake, there are a ton of posters here and a ton of Americans today who are just like Robert Byrd circa 1940.

Republicans are just mad at Byrd as he was the one old racist that they didn't convert to their team.

Robert Byrd used the N word in a fox interview AFTER his supposed change. It was amusing getting a lefty to defend a bona fide KKK grand wizard though. ..lefty pulls down abolitionist statues while defending a KKK grand wizard who was so bold as to use the N word during an interview and who now support the guy who eulogized that piece of ****....and you all have the audacity to call us racists. The facts speak for themselves.

He said there were a lot of white n-words too. While inelegant, it was not used to degrade Black people.

Robert Byrd is actually a success story. He turned away from the klan and the Conservative Southern racist way of thinking.

And make no mistake, there are a ton of posters here and a ton of Americans today who are just like Robert Byrd circa 1940.

Odd is the people who bash Byrd loved Strom Thurmond.

What in the actual **** is wrong with people?

Who knew that in 2020 it would still be too hard for everyone to just agree that if initial reports are accurate, what happened there isn't ok.

Byrd is the only old racist they condemn because all the others went over to their side.

Still noticed that AO refuses to address the actual topic of the thread.

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, NASCAR says​

Spare us the leftwing beta yak. Democrats are supporting the guy who eulogized a bona fide KKK founding chapter member. The same KKK Grand Wizard that was Hillary Clinton's mentor according to her.
Senator Robert Byrd and the Ku Klux Klan

This is an interesting article about the Senator people can't stop using when the topic of race comes up.

It appears he is easy to use because he was a POS KKK leader when he was young. No one can deny or defend that.

"However, he did not remain a POS KKK member for his entire life. In his autobiography, Byrd wrote that he had become a KKK member because he

“was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions. ... I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened … it has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one’s life, career, and reputation.”

The fact that as he died people showed him respect is not surprising. Neither is it surprising that people will use that for political gain.

I don't know if the man deserved the praise and honor he received. I did not know him. I do know that many, including those in the Black community forgave him. That says a lot.

"While some of his fellow conservative Democrats opposed the 1983 bill creating the*Martin Luther King Jr. Day national holiday, Byrd recognized the importance of the day to his legacy, telling his staff, “I am the only one in the Senate who*mustvote for this bill.”

Forgiveness should be part of politics.

"When Byrd died at age 92 on June 28, 2010, the NAACP released a statement saying that over the course of his life he “became a champion for civil rights and liberties” and “came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda.”*

Perhaps those that continue to defend statues that honor Lee and Davis but use Byrd as a criticism of Clinton and Biden should reexamine their stances.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Senator Robert Byrd and the Ku Klux Klan

This is an interesting article about the Senator people can't stop using when the topic of race comes up.

It appears he is easy to use because he was a POS KKK leader when he was young. No one can deny or defend that.

"However, he did not remain a POS KKK member for his entire life. In his autobiography, Byrd wrote that he had become a KKK member because he

“was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions. ... I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened … it has emerged throughout my life to haunt and embarrass me and has taught me in a very graphic way what one major mistake can do to one’s life, career, and reputation.”

The fact that as he died people showed him respect is not surprising. Neither is it surprising that people will use that for political gain.

I don't know if the man deserved the praise and honor he received. I did not know him. I do know that many, including those in the Black community forgave him. That says a lot.

"While some of his fellow conservative Democrats opposed the 1983 bill creating the*Martin Luther King Jr. Day national holiday, Byrd recognized the importance of the day to his legacy, telling his staff, “I am the only one in the Senate who*mustvote for this bill.”

Forgiveness should be part of politics.

"When Byrd died at age 92 on June 28, 2010, the NAACP released a statement saying that over the course of his life he “became a champion for civil rights and liberties” and “came to consistently support the NAACP civil rights agenda.”*

Perhaps those that continue to defend statues that honor Lee and Davis but use Byrd as a criticism of Clinton and Biden should reexamine their stances.

He used the N word during an interview when he was a geezer. Spare us the he apologized bull****. He was a racist until the day he died.

He used the N word during an interview when he was a geezer. Spare us the he apologized bull****. He was a racist until the day he died.

He didn't use it in reference to Black people.

Ok, but apparently other disagree.

and we all know why.

but, give it up to Rush and Sean for trashing Byrd and loving Strom. they know how to work a crowd.

Kung flu deemed racist by lefties but not the KKK grand wizard who used the Nword decades AFTER he supposedly denounced the KKK.
Joe Biden sorts african Americans and being "clean" or not. Want the video? Or are you aware of his racism but still supporting him?

He aptly referred to rednecks as "niggers." Why you complaining?

Says the crowd supporting the guy who eulogized a KKK grand wizard.

And who supports the KKK and the White Supremacists and Con-federate statues and Con-federate flags today?

Kung flu deemed racist by lefties but not the KKK grand wizard who used the Nword decades AFTER he supposedly denounced the KKK.
Joe Biden sorts african Americans and being "clean" or not. Want the video? Or are you aware of his racism but still supporting him?

So you agree Trump is a racist, but its okay because other people are too.

And who supports the KKK and the White Supremacists and Con-federate statues and Con-federate flags today?

That would be the Grand Ole Party!

What in the actual **** is wrong with people?
Who knew that in 2020 it would still be too hard for everyone to just agree that if initial reports are accurate, what happened there isn't ok.

... and that's the problem: initial reports are seldom accurate, as the media has proven over the last 5 years.

Ok, but apparently other disagree.

Ok? He used the n word on a national broadcast. He referrered to blacks as "mongrels" and was a bona fide KKK Grand Wizard. That guy is not a racist according to dems. Please explain why an elderly former KKK grand wizard who was still tossing the N word around until he died is not deemed a racist by leftists. According to leftist criteria, Robert Byrd pictures should be getting burnt on live TV instead you all are defending the KKK grand wizard while being angry at the Dukes Hazzard. Kinda tells you who the actual racists are...lefties are literally pulling down statues of abolitionists while defending Robert Byrd, voting for the guy who eulogized him and voting for the guy who looks at black people and then renders judgement as to which black are "clean" and which are not.

The NAACP thinks he was a champion of civil rights and liberties.

Are they lying?

Back
Top Bottom