• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A noose was found in Bubba Wallace's garage stall, NASCAR says

Well, good to know you put a time limit on when the deaths of 600,000 Americans matters.
Says the guy that not two posts ago gave me a 30 year time limit. You guys are impervious to feeling shame about hypocrisy. It's fascinating actually.

These acts weren't in the open.

They were committed by cowardly "clingers to the old Dixie culture" when nobody was looking, and they were committed daily long before Trump came into the picture.

I'm sad for Bubba, as he's a pretty nice young man. NASCAR fans in general like him as well.

Sounded to me trump at his rally was doing everything in his power to insure that old dixie culture stays alive talking about how the leftists are trying to destroy their culture by tearing down statues of confederate soldiers.

Why is it that only maybe ten percent of black folks vote republican? Because black folks understand the gop wants nothing to do with them and if it were up to republicans they might still be slaves.

Spare us the leftwing beta yak. Democrats are supporting the guy who eulogized a bona fide KKK founding chapter member. The same KKK Grand Wizard that was Hillary Clinton's mentor according to her.

Some men, like Robert Byrd learn, their lessons the hard way and they change. It's true that Robert Byrd was against the Civil Rights Act in 1964. It's a fact that in 1940 he founded a chapter of the KKK in West Virginia.

However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.

Byrd later called joining the KKK "the greatest mistake I ever made."
Robert Byrd - Wikipedia

For 52 years, the remainder of his life, Robert Byrd disavowed the violence and racism of the KKK. And yet, there are people such as yourself will always pull out the 'Robert Byrd' card as though it were an ace-in-the-hole to use against Hillary Clinton in a feeble attempt to try to discredit HRC and paint her as a woman that supported racism and bigotry, and that's just not the case.

"In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Says the guy that not two posts ago gave me a 30 year time limit. You guys are impervious to feeling shame about hypocrisy. It's fascinating actually.

Your 30 year out of date strawman wasn’t responsible for the death of 600,000 people. Your hero Robert E Lee was.

Some men, like Robert Byrd learn, their lessons the hard way and they change. It's true that Robert Byrd was against the Civil Rights Act in 1964. It's a fact that in 1940 he founded a chapter of the KKK in West Virginia.

However, when running for the United States House of Representatives in 1952, he announced "After about a year, I became disinterested, quit paying my dues, and dropped my membership in the organization. During the nine years that have followed, I have never been interested in the Klan." He said he had joined the Klan because he felt it offered excitement and was anti-communist.

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia

For 52 years, the remainder of his life, Robert Byrd disavowed the violence and racism of the KKK. And yet, there are people such as yourself will always pull out the 'Robert Byrd' card as though it were an ace-in-the-hole to use against Hillary Clinton in a feeble attempt to try to discredit HRC and paint her as a woman that supported racism and bigotry, and that's just not the case.

"In 1997, he told an interviewer he would encourage young people to become involved in politics but also warned, "Be sure you avoid the Ku Klux Klan. Don't get that albatross around your neck. Once you've made that mistake, you inhibit your operations in the political arena." In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

Robert Byrd used the N word in a fox interview AFTER his supposed change. It was amusing getting a lefty to defend a bona fide KKK grand wizard though. ..lefty pulls down abolitionist statues while defending a KKK grand wizard who was so bold as to use the N word during an interview and who now support the guy who eulogized that piece of ****....and you all have the audacity to call us racists. The facts speak for themselves.

Robert Byrd used the N word in a fox interview AFTER his supposed change. It was amusing getting a lefty to defend a bona fide KKK grand wizard though. ..lefty pulls down abolitionist statues while defending a KKK grand wizard who was so bold as to use the N word during an interview and who now support the guy who eulogized that piece of ****....and you all have the audacity to call us racists. The facts speak for themselves.
An old Southerner may never break themselves of the habit of using racial slurs, that doesn't prove a thing.

Trump is the racist, that's clear, it's right out in the open. So, if you aren't racist, why do you support his ideology?

So, this would have to be a NASCAR employee. No one else would have access to a driver's garage. I'm a little surprised someone would risk a high paying, relatively prestigious job by pulling a stunt like this. But, stranger things have happened, for sure.

There is also the other option.

Time will tell.
Are you afraid to say what you think the other option is?

Can you pull up any post here at DP where anyone, regardless of political lean, has said anything in support of Robert Byrd?. If YES, please do so. If NO, your argument is useless.

So, this would have to be a NASCAR employee. No one else would have access to a driver's garage. I'm a little surprised someone would risk a high paying, relatively prestigious job by pulling a stunt like this. But, stranger things have happened, for sure.

There is also the other option.

Time will tell.

As nuts as things have been, it could be BLM, ANTIFA or whoever. Remember Bubba's dad is a white dude.

Oh really...did Trump eulogize a KKK grand Wizard? Did Trump say a KKK grand wizard was hia mentor like your 2016 candidate did?

No but his daddy was a member of the KKK. Fruit don’t fall far from the tree

How do we know this isn't a Jussie Smolett move?

It's possible, but I don't think Bubba would do something like that.

And, the team is usually in the garage way before he'll get there anyways.

The team garage bay is designated days ahead of time depending on last years champion or points position from last season, so I'm thinking that someone with knowledge of the team's assigned bay might have done this.

In NASCAR, it’s all about the numbers. The cars, the times, the speeds.
That’s no different when it comes to garage assignments and coveted spots on pit road. Though it may be a bit of a mystery for the uninitiated, each set of assignments is based on specific rules.
Garage assignments are decided long before the first hauler arrives at Daytona International Speedway or any other track. They’re based on the driver’s point standings.
“When the entry deadline passes for a race, we know who’s going to be there and we lay out the garage accordingly,” said Steve O’Donnell, NASCAR’s senior vice president of racing operations.
Depending on the layout of the garages, the hauler is usually directly across from the garage, O’Donnell said. “The first hauler is always the reigning champion.”
In Daytona this week, that position goes to Brad Keselowski and his team. For the 500, garage assignments are based on where the drivers finished last season.

Are you afraid to say what you think the other option is?

We know the other option, as plenty of our racist friends have already jumped on it.

Trump has used those who cling to that confederate, racist, past to his advantage. They are an acknowledged part of his openly solicited base.

Correct

The modern day Confederate mindset is embedded throughout our country. Not just in the South. Although the South is loaded with them.

Your 30 year out of date strawman wasn’t responsible for the death of 600,000 people. Your hero Robert E Lee was.

Yeah the KKK never killed any blacks in your history book when it comes to democrat ku klux klan members. Priceless fun getting lefties to defend the KKK as they toss a card. You guys don't see the magnitude of your hypocrisy. Quite fascinating. Truly.

So, this would have to be a NASCAR employee. No one else would have access to a driver's garage. I'm a little surprised someone would risk a high paying, relatively prestigious job by pulling a stunt like this.

Technically jefferson Davis did. Got away with it too cuz he should have been shot.

Returning to the topic of the thread,* A case can be made for the display of the confederate flag as a symbol of the southern US. Whether that display is free from racial intent requires looking into the actual mind of the person displaying the flag -- something I'm not equipped to do. [Ed.: Judging by some of the posts on line these days, it appears there are some people who are so gifted.]

That is not the same as the symbol of a noose. The noose demonstrates that racism is still an issue to be dealt with in these United States of America.

* Disclaimer: I'm a northerner, not a southerner.

An old Southerner may never break themselves of the habit of using racial slurs, that doesn't prove a thing.

Trump is the racist, that's clear, it's right out in the open. So, if you aren't racist, why do you support his ideology?

Nah...KKK grand wizard using the N word doesnt say racist at all...a red hat that says make america great though...that's racist. Do you guys hear yourselves. You have no idea what you sound like to normal people do you?

Robert Byrd - Wikipedia

Robert Byrd is actually a success story. He turned away from the klan and the Conservative Southern racist way of thinking.

And make no mistake, there are a ton of posters here and a ton of Americans today who are just like Robert Byrd circa 1940.

Nah...KKK grand wizard using the N word doesnt say racist at all...a red hat that says make america great though...that's racist. Do you guys hear yourselves. You have no idea what you sound like to normal people do you?

So you approve of the noose hanging in Bubba's garage. Is that why you want to deflect?

I'm thankful I was raised by parents and in an environment where such an act would be unthinkable and incomprehensible. I just don't understand some people and hopefully never will. This seems to me to be the equivalent of a death threat and I hope legal authorities will treat it as such and appropriate charges laid when the individual or individuals responsible are identified.

Back
Top Bottom