• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A new swing state poll brings good news for Hillary Clinton

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A new swing state poll brings good news for Hillary Clinton - Vox

A new poll puts presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton ahead of — or neck and neck with — Republican Donald Trump in several key swing states.

The poll, conducted by Quinnipiac University, gives Clinton an 8 percentage point lead over Trump in Florida (47-39), as well as a tie in Ohio (40-40) and a minor lead in Pennsylvania (42-41). The Ohio and Pennsylvania results are both within the margin of error.

RealClearPolitics, which aggregates findings from multiple surveys, puts Clinton at a lead of 2.7 points in Ohio and a lead of 0.5 points in Pennsylvania — still good news for the Clinton campaign.

The poll found that voters in each state believe Clinton to have higher moral standards, to be more intelligent, and to be better prepared than Trump to be president..................

Seen the Trumpster has dropped talking about how many poll in he is leading in from his stump speech............

HRC has slowly gained from -4 a few weeks ago to +8 in the national polls........

But what is more telling and much more important is her improving and now topping Trump in the important............election determining winner..........Battleground states.......

while Trump is touring the solidly red states giving stump speeches........and all in no-count media markets thus loosing national coverage

More so he has not spent one dime developing an infrastructure or places adds in any of the important swing states..........maybe because he is broke ..........

Says he is a great leader with a good mind and business experience............

I think he knows more about Chapter 11 then having the skills and experience to run a country...................even a small one

A new poll puts presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton ahead of — or neck and neck with — Republican Donald Trump in several key swing states.

The poll, conducted by Quinnipiac University, gives Clinton an 8 percentage point lead over Trump in Florida (47-39), as well as a tie in Ohio (40-40) and a minor lead in Pennsylvania (42-41). The Ohio and Pennsylvania results are both within the margin of error.

RealClearPolitics, which aggregates findings from multiple surveys, puts Clinton at a lead of 2.7 points in Ohio and a lead of 0.5 points in Pennsylvania — still good news for the Clinton campaign.

The poll found that voters in each state believe Clinton to have higher moral standards, to be more intelligent, and to be better prepared than Trump to be president..................

Seen the Trumpster has dropped talking about how many poll in he is leading in from his stump speech............

HRC has slowly gained from -4 a few weeks ago to +8 in the national polls........

But what is more telling and much more important is her improving and now topping Trump in the important............election determining winner..........Battleground states.......

while Trump is touring the solidly red states giving stump speeches........and all in no-count media markets thus loosing national coverage

More so he has not spent one dime developing an infrastructure or places adds in any of the important swing states..........maybe because he is broke ..........

I think he knows more about Chapter 11 then having the skills and experience to run a country...................even a small one

Interesting poll. If you look at the detail, it appears people prefer Sanders. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in real life.

Interesting poll. If you look at the detail, it appears people prefer Sanders. It will be interesting to see how that plays out in real life.

As what? The article is all fantasy? (Oh go ahead, I know you want to say it) ;) - Just teasing.

As what? The article is all fantasy? (Oh go ahead, I know you want to say it) ;) - Just teasing.

I don't know about fantasy, but when viewing the actual poll and methodology, they include a question about Sanders. The results are much more favorable for Sanders than they were for Hilary. Makes me wonder who they polled.

I don't know about fantasy, but when viewing the actual poll and methodology, they include a question about Sanders. The results are much more favorable for Sanders than they were for Hilary. Makes me wonder who they polled.

That's always how various pollsters tweak the results to their liking, isn't it?

The other part would be that I'm not really all that confident about Vox as a reliable news source.

Sanders has just the other day signaled he will join HRC to defeat Trump........... It HAS played out...........Furthermore in HRC's speech today setting forth the goals/aims of a HRC Administration included several of the goals Sanders promised to do if elected........

Sanders has just the other day signaled he will join HRC to defeat Trump........... It HAS played out...........Furthermore in HRC's speech today setting forth the goals/aims of a HRC Administration included several of the goals Sanders promised to do if elected........

I don't think it matters who Sanders joins. What matters is who Sanders voters join.

I don't think it matters who Sanders joins. What matters is who Sanders voters join.

I don't pretend to speak for all Sanders supporters, but for myself I prefer the better course of the country over any symbolic gains, and believe that Sanders will support Clinton in order to combat any potential Trump win. The left wing of the Democratic party will ultimately opt for the adult path over whatever Trump supporters go with. The notion that because Sanders is an outsider then he will will seek to "burn it all down" is simply a fantasy of the Trump lunatics.

I don't pretend to speak for all Sanders supporters, but for myself I prefer the better course of the country over any symbolic gains, and believe that Sanders will support Clinton in order to combat any potential Trump win. The left wing of the Democratic party will ultimately opt for the adult path over whatever Trump supporters go with. The notion that because Sanders is an outsider then he will will seek to "burn it all down" is simply a fantasy of the Trump lunatics.

You could be right. We'll know in November. My question is whether Sanders voters are actually anybody but Hillary voters or lesser of two evils voters.
Lesser of two evils anti Clinton supporters may decide that Trump is the lesser of two evils.

I looked at real clear politics this morning and the average include polls from April in some cases.

It's pretty hard to look back almost three months and try to predict the future given the negatives of the candidates.

You could be right. We'll know in November. My question is whether Sanders voters are actually anybody but Hillary voters or lesser of two evils voters.
Lesser of two evils anti Clinton supporters may decide that Trump is the lesser of two evils.

Again, I don't speak for all Sanders supporters...but if I did..I would say we're pretty goddamn clear on the fact that Trump is the objectively worse candidate here. Trump supporters are banking on the "outsider" aspect of Sanders while dismissing everything else about him that we actually like.

Ok. And it appears the polling shows people think more of Sanders than Hilary. The question remains...

That's always how various pollsters tweak the results to their liking, isn't it?

The other part would be that I'm not really all that confident about Vox as a reliable news source.

Vox is a useless liberal dung heap. But the poll was conducted by Quinnipiac University. They are a very respected polling outfit. Vox can't tweak the poll results. All they can do is add their liberal commentary to it.

More evidence of the disaster that is Hillary Clinton. She is neck and neck with a fraud like Trump.

****ing primary voters, selecting a piece of crap like Trump to challenge the weakest candidate that the Dems have ever put up in their history - and this is a party who ran McGovern, Dukakis and Mondale.

Vox is a useless liberal dung heap. But the poll was conducted by Quinnipiac University. They are a very respected polling outfit. Vox can't tweak the poll results. All they can do is add their liberal commentary to it.

Fair enough. Yes, Quinnipiac University is a respected pollster, and as such, I'd figure that their methodology is above reproach. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Fair enough. Yes, Quinnipiac University is a respected pollster, and as such, I'd figure that their methodology is above reproach. Tell me if I'm wrong.

I think their methodology is pretty widely accepted. They are quite prolific with the primary polling here and sadly they predicted Trump to win NH.

Ok. And it appears the polling shows people think more of Sanders than Hilary. The question remains...

I see you have no idea of what polls I'm referring to.........or know much about the subject

Back
Top Bottom