• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A new study suggests 3 feet, not 6 feet, is sufficient distance for school students, with mask-wearing and other safety measures kept in place.

States can require people to get vaccinated, per a 1905 Supreme Court ruling, Jacobson v. Commonwealth of Massachusetts. If they don’t school districts can make that decision.

I'm pretty sure it will be added to the kids vaccine schedule as well.

Some kids have been in school but a lot of parents are still keeping their kids home and some are still on half schedule. They don't think it's safe yet. Cases are currently rising again but time will tell us more.

I wouldn't expect someone getting the vaccine to be so concerned with parents knowing they did. I would think they'd share the info to comfort parents actually. So I assumed you were not getting it.

I've already had both shots.

As a scientist I'd think you'd recognize that the quantity of students per undefined room is a meaningless metric. The guidelines take into account social distancing and other safety measures being implemented. If you can have 35 students in a room while following the guidelines.. it's safe.

Saying it is safe, is not accurate either

What is accurate is that the study has deemed that the increased risk of a reducing the social distancing to 3 feet from 6 feet is worth the benefits. The issue being that would be for typical children and families while that increased risk could harm families that have people with poor health in them

There is no such thing as luck. There is only knowledge and hard work and perseverance. I am well aware of getting traffic to a site and the competition out there. This is why building a site isn't easy. You can have a great site (which mine will be) but if no one knows about it, all you have is a great site that no one knows about. There is software and other methods to attract traffic. Things such as proper use of keywords. Mine will be so good that word of mouth will get me the most traffic.
Yeah, google will take care of ya.

I've already had both shots.
Good for you. I'm sure that will serve as comfort for those parents worried about sending their kids to school during a pandemic.

Good for you. I'm sure that will serve as comfort for those parents worried about sending their kids to school during a pandemic.

We only have a handful of kids who are still at home. I have none still at home.

Back
Top Bottom