• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A New Religion

Big deal. it's just stupid mythological story that naive adults take way too seriously.

Naive adults like you. You're the one getting all bent out of shape about it.

The question was stupid. Not surprising. The answer was that you didn't have enough data to answer it. So take the information as given and go with that instead of making up your own story.
Stop being such a coward.

How many people (other than those on the Ark) survived the flood?

If it'll help I'll throw you a link to a christian site for kids that explains it.

https://christiananswers.net/q-eden/ednks003.html

Today’s news is often filled with reports of terrible disasters which kill hundreds or even thousands of people. But, can you imagine a disaster so terrible that only 8 people in the whole world survived. It’s true, Noah and his wife, his three sons, and their wives were the only people saved from the largest flood of all time. The Bible tells of a great flood that covered the entire Earth—the Flood described in Genesis.
It destroyed the entire surface of the Earth.

So are the little christian kiddies being lied to?

Or are you too afraid to reveal an actual answer?

No, I'm not. But it's amusing to see adults who claim expert knowledge in mythological tales from a religion they believe in have to jump in to defend their turf.

If any belief in a god is called a religion, why can't the belief no god exists be a religion too?

Because it has none of the attributes of a religion. Just like the belief in no sprites is not a religion. Of course, there really is no such thing as a belief in the non existence of anything.

The question was stupid. Not surprising. The answer was that you didn't have enough data to answer it. So take the information as given and go with that instead of making up your own story.

Data? What data? The fictional story contains data? No, it does not.

Yes you are, you come running every time a non believer doesn't get the mythological stories "right". It's so funny how cranky you get about it. Whose the naive adult who thinks some god actually has anything to do with a book of myths? You are.

The answer was that you didn't have enough data to answer it.
Maybe I should just quote the bible:

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

So, based on this:

21) all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22) All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Who survived that was not on the Ark?
Please provide the missing "data".

No, I'm not. But it's amusing to see adults who claim expert knowledge in mythological tales from a religion they believe in have to jump in to defend their turf.

All right, I've had enough of you. You were funny when you were asking stupid questions but these days you have to shoehorn your half baked theories into real theology, of which you have no clue.

You can quit showing off for your little friends, in other words.

All right, I've had enough of you. You were funny when you were asking stupid questions but these days you have to shoehorn your half baked theories into real theology, of which you have no clue.

You can quit showing off for your little friends, in other words.

What half baked theories are you referring to? I haven't presented any theories at all, let alone half baked ones. But I am not naive so I don't believe in any religions at all because they are all equally based on nothing but the wild imaginings of human beings. Theology is just a bunch of made up stuff that no matter how long you study it you can only come up with whatever you happen to believe in. It isn't as if theology is some general study that sorts out good ideas from bad ones and comes to sound conclusions.

Thank you for such a thoughtful, intelligent and insightful response.

I think I can safely say that we are all waiting in pregnant anticipation of your next expletive.

I just wanted to match your brilliant depth of thought. Missions accomplished!

What half baked theories are you referring to? I haven't presented any theories at all, let alone half baked ones. But I am not naive so I don't believe in any religions at all because they are all equally based on nothing but the wild imaginings of human beings. Theology is just a bunch of made up stuff that no matter how long you study it you can only come up with whatever you happen to believe in. It isn't as if theology is some general study that sorts out good ideas from bad ones and comes to sound conclusions.

That's exactly what theology is, it helps you sort good from bad ideas or at least true historical fact from bullshit.

Maybe I should just quote the bible:

So, based on this:

21) all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
22) All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23) And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

Who survived that was not on the Ark?
Please provide the missing "data".

That's exactly what theology is, it helps you sort good from bad ideas or at least true historical fact from bullshit.
So are you gonna post your theological historical fact about who survived the Great Flood besides Noah and those on the Ark with him?

Here are the bible verses that go with my quote above:

19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.

20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:

22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.

23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.

24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

not believing in a religion is a religion to some people.

i mean, it has to be, right? otherwise it's just not believing in a religion.
Not believing in a religion is one thing. Not believing in a religion and making sure as many people know it (whether they want to or not) is a bit much.

No, that isn't what it is. Because it is impossible to do that. Theology is based on made up beliefs, not anything g objectively real. In the end, it is really an opinion, albeit one with backing that varies in how extensively it has been studied. There are no historical facts that objectively support any theological view. History is just a backdrop.

Not believing in a religion is one thing. Not believing in a religion and making sure as many people know it (whether they want to or not) is a bit much.

So only the religious get to be obnoxious, I guess. Fine with me. I don't go around preaching atheism, I only discuss such matters on the internet. And I don't try to "convert" anyone, unlike the proselytizing religious posters here.

Not believing in a religion and making sure as many people know it (whether they want to or not) is a bit much.

Who does that? I sure don't.

I have close blood relatives who have no idea I don't believe.
None of my neighbors know I don't believe.
I don't have bumper stickers or t-shirts claiming I don't believe.
I don't have very specific non-religious clothing or jewelry.
I don't post about it on Facebook or any social media.

Unfortunately in America, even in 2022, that's just too risky to reveal to the masses.

Unfortunately in America, even in 2022, that's just too risky to reveal to the masses.
So, you're ashamed of disclosing it when face to face with people...got it...can't say as I blame you...

I am in a very similar situation. I never felt that proclaiming my atheism was going to help me and could possibly hurt me. Too bad the religious don't get to experience that same thing unless they belong to one of the unpopular religions.

So, you're ashamed of disclosing it when face to face with people...got it...can't say as I blame you...
That might be the dumbest damn thing you've posted all week.
Even dumber than your inane evolution/coke thread.

Back
Top Bottom