• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A Mother’s Complaint About a ‘Cynical Use’ of Benghazi

BWG

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A Mother’s Complaint About a ‘Cynical Use’ of Benghazi
JULY 22, 2016

To the Editor:

As Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens’s mother, I am writing to object to any mention of his name and death in Benghazi, Libya, by Donald Trump’s campaign and the Republican Party.

I know for certain that Chris would not have wanted his name or memory used in that connection. I hope that there will be an immediate and permanent stop to this opportunistic and cynical use by the campaign.

MARY F. COMMANDAY

Oakland, Calif.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/23/o...int-about-a-cynical-use-of-benghazi.html?_r=0

WOW! Hasn't been a good week for the GOP in what was supposed to be a showcase for the GOP.

Plagerized speech
Featured speaker refusing to endorse the GOP Presidential candidate
Musical artist blasting the convention for unauthorized use of their music
The GOP Presidential candidate yelling for over an hour about how he is the only one
Now Christopher Stevens's family saying layoff

WOW! Hasn't been a good week for the GOP in what was supposed to be a showcase for the GOP.

Plagerized speech
The GOP Presidential candidate yelling for over an hour about how he is the only one

This has been a paid political advertisement

Plagerized speech

Hypocritical leftist drivel

The Obama administration and the Democrats have been politicizing the deaths of the 4 Americans that lost their lives in Benghazi since the night of the attack

Instead of the truth Americans got a bull **** made up narrative about a protest over a Youtube video because the truth that close to a Presidential election was too much of a Political risk to the low life in the oval office

And the Democrats never stopped lying to us and to the family members who lost their loved ones in Benghazi.

Good to know you dont mind being lied to as long as its a Democrat feeding you those lies, but the rest of us have higher standards

Plagerized speech

Last edited:

Plagerized speech

You forgot the 4 point pop in the polls.

The Obama administration and the Democrats have been politicizing the deaths of the 4 Americans that lost their lives in Benghazi since the night of the attack

Instead of the truth Americans got a bull **** made up narrative about a protest over a Youtube video because the truth that close to a Presidential election was too much of a Political risk to the low life in the oval office

And the Democrats never stopped lying to us and to the family members who lost their loved ones in Benghazi.

Good to know you dont mind being lied to as long as its a Democrat feeding you those lies, but the rest of us have higher standards

Fenton, Ambassador's Steven's own mother is telling you to lay off, not the Democrats. I think you should respect his mother's wishes and do as she says now that the 15252th investigation has led nowhere.

:)

Plagerized speech

This poor woman has been begging the media not to politicize her son's memory since the day after his death. She just gave an interview last month reiterating her plea, and firmly stating that she never blamed SOS Clinton, but did wish the congress hadn't cut embassy funding so extra security might have been available to her son when he had originally requested it.

I've mentioned before that Ambassador Chris Stevens was born in the town I live in, and is now buried up the hill from me. His parents still live here, and every time their son's memory is used for political fodder, it's like a dagger in their hearts.

If it wasn't for the opportunity to use this tragedy for political gain, nobody would remember Ambassador Stevens' name... and his parents wouldn't have to relive their grief over and over and over again. I hope she made a formal complaint to the RNC and the DNC as well. The exploitation of their son has been utterly shameful.

Plagerized speech
This has been a paid political advertisement
This poor woman has been begging the media not to politicize her son's memory since the day after his death. She just gave an interview last month reiterating her plea, and firmly stating that she never blamed SOS Clinton, but did wish the congress hadn't cut embassy funding so extra security might have been available to her son when he had originally requested it.

I've mentioned before that Ambassador Chris Stevens was born in the town I live in, and is now buried up the hill from me. His parents still live here, and every time their son's memory is used for political fodder, it's like a dagger in their hearts.

If it wasn't for the opportunity to use this tragedy for political gain, nobody would remember Ambassador Stevens' name... and his parents wouldn't have to relive their grief over and over and over again. I hope she made a formal complaint to the RNC and the DNC as well. The exploitation of their son has been utterly shameful.
Exactly DiAnna!

I saw her come-out earlier, after the first month or so after the incident, publicly requesting the GOP to quit using her son's death for political purposes. Apparently, the Repubs never gave a damn ...

Plagerized speech

If that's the best the opposition has then they are in real trouble, especially considering the most recent leaks of the DNC fixing the race for Hillary against Sanders and now their most recent move to block Sanders' delegates.

Fenton, Ambassador's Steven's own mother is telling you to lay off, not the Democrats. I think you should respect his mother's wishes and do as she says now that the 15252th investigation has led nowhere.

Lol !! Now you people want to respect the wishes of the families that lost loved ones in Benghazi ??

Patricia Smith, Mother of Sean Smith has been wanting answers since the night of the terrorist attack. When is Hillary, Obama or the Democrat party ever going to respect her wishes ???

Oh thats right, she needs to be beaten to death because she dare demand that the truth be told about how her son died.

GQ Writer Said He Wanted to 'Beat' Benghazi Mom 'To Death' -- Then Apologizes | Truth Revolt

Yea, thats more like it. Thats how the Left typically " respects the wishes " of anyone who challenges Democrat talking points. They attack them

And the Benghazi investigations HAVE turned up quite a bit. For one they've exposed just how dishonest, cold hearted and above the law Hillary Clinton is. Its why people just dont trust her

Here, Ill link to a left wing site that explains why the average American voter just doesn't trust her.

This is why people don?t trust Hillary Clinton: Email scandal is a reminder that her guardedness is ultimately self-defeating - Salon.com

Lol !! Now you people ...

Fenton, a mother is asking that her son not be used for political purposes. If the mothers of others feel fine with that, that's their problem. You seem to be unwilling to abide by her wishes because of your partisan fervor. This isn't political.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

So, she's cool with the lies about the youtube video? And the fact that Obama went to bed? And that they didn't even try to help them because it could have hurt Obama's chances at reelection?

She doesn't want to hear the truth, if it's for political gain, but she is good with lies for political gain? Pretty sad.

So, she's cool with the lies about the youtube video? And the fact that Obama went to bed? And that they didn't even try to help them because it could have hurt Obama's chances at reelection?

She doesn't want to hear the truth, if it's for political gain, but she is good with lies for political gain? Pretty sad.

Chris Stevens' Mom has the right to express her deeply held feelings. He was her son.

Equally, we get to express our deeply held feelings. He was an American boy on an American mission. He worked for us and we paid him. Our relationship with Chris is different from his mother's. I am sensitive to his mother's pain, but, for us, he will not be able to rest in peace until justice has been served. We feel pain, too. To try to treat us as if we are using him as a political tennis ball is cowardly and dishonest.

WE want Justice and WE want revenge, and in the fullness of time, we will get it.

Chris Stevens' Mom has the right to express her deeply held feelings. He was her son.

Equally, we get to express our deeply held feelings. He was an American boy on an American mission. He worked for us and we paid him. Our relationship with Chris is different from his mother's. I am sensitive to his mother's pain, but, for us, he will not be able to rest in peace until justice has been served. We feel pain, too. To try to treat us as if we are using him as a political tennis ball is cowardly and dishonest.

WE want Justice and WE want revenge, and in the fullness of time, we will get it.

What a totally sloppy way to admit that you will only let Steve's death go when it no longer gets you any votes. Good grief that fact that you see him as a property you can take away from his mother is all that is needed to realize that.

You have gotten absolutely nowhere in this search for justice because it is transparently obvious that it is done for political reasons. I think you need to wake up and stop pandering these kinds of diatribes.

Nobody buys them.

Sent from a flower watered by the tears of Trump supporters and crazy newb liberals.

Ah. It's the DEMOCRATS who have been politicizing Benghazi???? I guess that's why most of the eight investigations into Benghazi were chaired by the House Benghazi Committee, which was chaired by the GOP, hm?

But I get it. It's sorta like how if we point out racism, we're actually the racists. If we point out hatred, we're actually the haters. When Obama saves the economy, he actually destroyed it.

Up is down, left is right...Orwell would have loved y'all....

What a totally sloppy way to admit that you will only let Steve's death go when it no longer gets you any votes. Good grief that fact that you see him as a property you can take away from his mother is all that is needed to realize that.

You have gotten absolutely nowhere in this search for justice because it is transparently obvious that it is done for political reasons. I think you need to wake up and stop pandering these kinds of diatribes.

Nobody buys them.

I had thought that you were a man of intellectual integrity. I was wrong.

I had thought that you were a man of intellectual integrity. I was wrong.

There is no intellectual integrity in screaming to the 4 Internet winds that you don't care about what his relatives say to do concerning his death because you have bigger fish to fry.

Your post is a long and boring diatribe about how we shouldn't care about what Steven's mother thinks about using her son for political gain because well, you -- an Internet nobody pretending to speak for the American people -- says so.

Go to somebody else with that bull****.

Is accepting lies from a Republican a higher standard?

Sometimes it feels as if these four were the only four service people killed in the middle east.

Patricia Smith's son Sean was one of four killed in the Sept. 11, 2012. She wants her son's memory to be connected to Hillary, who wouldn't protect the outpost/embassy, lied to her and then called her a liar.

This story still isn't going away, no badly how many Clinton supporters want it to.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066118159 said:
Patricia Smith's son Sean was one of four killed in the Sept. 11, 2012. She wants her son's memory to be connected to Hillary, who wouldn't protect the outpost/embassy, lied to her and then called her a liar.

This story still isn't going away, no badly how many Clinton supporters want it to.

It's weird - it's not going away, or anywhere. This may explain why Trump hasn't had a bump. 3 years after the fact and Republicans don't have a single investigation with any results that either supports their claims or validates it in their conclusion.

That said, the dead end Republicans have with this investigation is irrelevant to the matter being discussed. This woman doesn't want her son being used for politics. Will the Republicans continue to do so? We will see.

It's weird - it's not going away, or anywhere. This may explain why Trump hasn't had a bump. 3 years after the fact and Republicans don't have a single investigation with any results that either supports their claims or validates it in their conclusion.

That said, the dead end Republicans have with this investigation is irrelevant to the matter being discussed. This woman doesn't want her son being used for politics. Will the Republicans continue to do so? We will see.

Lying is a pretty big thing that Hillary and her husband always seem to always get away with.

Μολὼν λαβέ;1066118175 said:
Lying is a pretty big thing that Hillary and her husband always seem to always get away with.

They've supposedly lied, and you haven't been able to prove anything in a court of law. I am aware. Can you tell me why you get to use Steven for political purposes if you so wish?

Will you abide by the wishes of Steven's mother?

People are going to continue to talk about Benghazi, and not of them are Republicans or have any intention of exploiting these deaths. But Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Ty Woods, and Glenn Doherty have entered into history. They're going to be discussed, and in the case of the Ambassador, he was a public personage.

People are going to continue to talk about Benghazi, and not of them are Republicans or have any intention of exploiting these deaths. But Ambassador Stevens, Sean Smith, Ty Woods, and Glenn Doherty have entered into history. They're going to be discussed, and in the case of the Ambassador, he was a public personage.

Continuing to pursue answers to this tragedy with intellectual integrity will help our nation heal. Engaging in partisan rantings is counterproductive and un-American. If Hillary and Barack are innocent, they will be exonerated.

Back
Top Bottom