• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A moron thus tweeteth

KLATTU

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
“It’s much easier to frame people who steal baby formula and medicine as monsters to be jailed than acknowledge our politics and economic priorities create conditions where people steal baby formula to survive,” she tweeted in response to the NYPD arresting 12 shoplifters in The Bronx.

Of course!. More Government fixes everything.SMH
This is not at all why people are stealing baby formula, but this boojey (de facto ) white girl wouldn't know this.

You’re getting warm! Almost there
What do you think they're doing with it? Sticking it up their butts to get high? Or maybe, just maybe, they're feeding it to hungry children. That's even worse for you, isn't it?

Not saying it was right or justified but if that was $1800 dollars worth of merchandise it is no wonder some folks sought to shoplift.

If the police were so proud of their actions to stage the swag and their officers and post those pics on their web site why did they then delete it all after a little criticism?

It is reported that two of the MOST WANTED perps were homeless, one being a 64 year old woman.

Again that does not make her-their actions right.

But seriously, I can fully understand AOC's tweet and the thinking and sentiment behind it and yes I can agree she has most definitely got a point.

She spoke of political and economic priorities and how the 12 shoplifters are vilified as "monsters" but it is true, politics and economic priorities are skewed in New York as well as across this nation.

The NYC police budget is well over $5 Billion, should folks be happy that under that budget criminals are apprehended and stolen goods are recovered and hopefully returned to the appropriate merchants?

Yes.

But I have no doubt the 12 perps arrested in that proud sting operation by the police, at least two of which were homeless, will be considered undeserving by many, beginning with the OP, of any mercy and understanding in the New York justice system.

These down and out folks don't deserve consideration of their situations or how they arrived there, right, they are guilty of thievery, right?

Let the mercy of the justice system be saved and meted out to those truly deserving of it!

Like poor Michael Steinhardt.

One of the world’s most prolific antiquities collectors has been banned for life from purchasing any other artifacts. As Tom Mashberg reports for the New York Times, billionaire hedge fund manager Michael H. Steinhardt also surrendered 180 stolen relics worth more than $70 million as part of an agreement with the Manhattan District Attorney’s (D.A.) Office.

In a separate statement quoted by the Times, Steinhardt’s lawyers say their client is “pleased that the district attorney’s years-long investigation has concluded without any charges, and that items wrongfully taken by others will be returned to their native countries.”

Years long investigation? How much did that cost the taxpayers? He was caught after he stole $70 million dollars worth of art and artifacts, 180 items, but he was not even charged with one single solitary crime. He was not even arrested. He got off scot free.

Too bad he hadn't shoplifted some Scott towels!

No.

I am not saying Michael Steinhardt's situation justifies what those shoplifters did, but in the full circle of it all it should give some perspective to AOC's chagrin.

“On Wednesday, the New York Police Department (NYPD) wrote in a now-deleted tweet, "After receiving numerous larceny complaints in the Bronx, officers from the @NYPD44Pct [NYPD 44th Precinct] recently arrested 12 individuals following an enforcement initiative targeting shoplifters. The arrests made led to the closure of 23 warrants & the recovery of $1800 worth of merchandise."

The post contained an image of numerous products, including diapers, baby formula, baby wipes, laundry detergent, shower gel, baby shampoo, lotion and over-the-counter medications.”

Hey, maybe we’ll find out that baby formula, diapers and baby wipes have crazy black market street value and that’s the reason for the thefts. But I’ve gotta say that bragging that you arrested people for stealing these things is a really weird flex.

Why do you think they steal baby formula?
From an article by ABC News:

The baby food powder has become a formula for organized crime because it sells at prices ranging from $15 to $30 a can, a relatively expensive item that can give theft rings a good profit.​
"The criminal groups are looking for products they can steal and they know based on market conditions, they can flip those products quickly and in a secondary market make 30 to 80 cents on the dollar depending on where they liquidate the money," LaRocca said.​
Drug dealers sometimes use the powdered formula to dilute heroin and methamphetamine or to stretch the product when supplies run low.​
However, experts say that more often than not, formula is stolen because of its high market demand among consumers rather than drug dealers.​

In short, it's stolen because it can make the thieves who steal it a lot of money.

And AOC, the utterly ignorant, imbecilic twit that she is, thinks its because they're "doing it to survive" - not realizing the "they" are largely organized criminals. And in her inveterate stupidity, she's defending them, the thieves who are hurting the very people she thinks she's helping.

Wait for it. I think this thread is going to be about drugs.
Big part of it. Sometimes they use it to mix in with heroin or coke.
The big reason is money. And what group of people desperately need cash????
Even a boojey de facto white girl like AOC should know this.

And AOC, the utterly ignorant, imbecilic twit that she is, thinks its because they're "doing it to survive" - not realizing the "they" are largely organized criminals. And in her inveterate stupidity, she's defending them, the thieves who are hurting the very people she thinks she's helping.

#BOOM
A Truth bomb just went off

Big part of it. Sometimes they use it to mix in with heroin or coke.
The big reason is money. And what group of people desperately need cash????
Even a boojey de facto white girl like AOC should know this.
You think cutting drugs is the driving force behind billions of dollars of baby formula being stolen?

“It’s much easier to frame people who steal baby formula and medicine as monsters to be jailed than acknowledge our politics and economic priorities create conditions where people steal baby formula to survive,” she tweeted in response to the NYPD arresting 12 shoplifters in The Bronx.

This is not at all why people are stealing baby formula, but this boojey (de facto ) white girl wouldn't know this.

AOC, Biden and Harris.

Really no statement to make about them.

Just listing their names pretty much says it all. :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes: 😱

You think cutting drugs is the driving force behind billions of dollars of baby formula being stolen?
Did you pass conveniently pass over what i said was the big reason?

Crap on a crutch, man. Again?

From an article by ABC News:

The baby food powder has become a formula for organized crime because it sells at prices ranging from $15 to $30 a can, a relatively expensive item that can give theft rings a good profit.​
"The criminal groups are looking for products they can steal and they know based on market conditions, they can flip those products quickly and in a secondary market make 30 to 80 cents on the dollar depending on where they liquidate the money," LaRocca said.​
Drug dealers sometimes use the powdered formula to dilute heroin and methamphetamine or to stretch the product when supplies run low.​
However, experts say that more often than not, formula is stolen because of its high market demand among consumers rather than drug dealers.​

In short, it's stolen because it can make the thieves who steal it a lot of money.

Yeah, they sell it on Craigs list or Nextdoor apps cheaper than parents can get it in the store. They make a profit because they didn't pay for it, but the parents that buy it would buy it at the store if they could afford it.

So, how is this different than what she meant. The thieves wouldn't be selling something with no value. I'm trying to get your point.

Did you pass conveniently pass over what i said was the big reason?
Do they convert those stolen goods to cash by selling to the drug dealers or to people looking for cheap baby supplies?

You realize, 98% of people will assume this thread is about urine donnie?

Someone's been on Twitter again.

Do they convert those stolen goods to cash by selling to the drug dealers or to people looking for cheap baby supplies?
Some are drug dealers. But most get the cash ,buy drugs. JC,are you boojey whiteys THAT out of touch.

Some are drug dealers. But most get the cash ,buy drugs. JC,are you boojey whiteys THAT out of touch.
I guess I am that out of touch. I don't have my finger on the pulse of homeless drug financing or the baby food black market.

I'm out of touch with your point too. The tweet says the cause is 'politics and economics'; you say the cause is 'economics'; I think you guys are closer together than you think.

Yeah, they sell it on Craigs list or Nextdoor apps cheaper than parents can get it in the store. They make a profit because they didn't pay for it, but the parents that buy it would buy it at the store if they could afford it.

So, how is this different than what she meant. The thieves wouldn't be selling something with no value. I'm trying to get your point.
First, this is organized crime. I don't know where they sell it or how they sell it - but sell it (and for pure profit) they most obviously do. Where does any black market operation sell their wares?

I think what you're missing is the very obvious fact that the parents (or at least some of them) are NOT buying it from the store but from the that black market - otherwise, the thieves themselves would have no market for their stolen goods.

And hurt those parents who either don't know where to purchase from the black market or are morally averse to purchasing stolen goods? Absolutely it hurts them - and the store owners who must compensate for such losses due to theft by raising prices on other goods - which, in turn, hurts those who need those goods too.

That's why AOC is such a massive tool and nitwit - she actually thinks all the people who steal these goods are "decent people just trying to make ends meet" when the glaring truth completely escapes her pea-sized mind.

So, what exactly is it you don't get?

Back
Top Bottom