• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A moron thus tweeteth

“It’s much easier to frame people who steal baby formula and medicine as monsters to be jailed than acknowledge our politics and economic priorities create conditions where people steal baby formula to survive,” she tweeted in response to the NYPD arresting 12 shoplifters in The Bronx.

Of course!. More Government fixes everything.SMH
This is not at all why people are stealing baby formula, but this boojey (de facto ) white girl wouldn't know this.
Pointless thread, including false definition. No surprise.

Bougie, boujee, bourgie all stem from bourgeoisie, a French word that simply means "of middle class status”.

From an article by ABC News:

The baby food powder has become a formula for organized crime because it sells at prices ranging from $15 to $30 a can, a relatively expensive item that can give theft rings a good profit.​
"The criminal groups are looking for products they can steal and they know based on market conditions, they can flip those products quickly and in a secondary market make 30 to 80 cents on the dollar depending on where they liquidate the money," LaRocca said.​
Drug dealers sometimes use the powdered formula to dilute heroin and methamphetamine or to stretch the product when supplies run low.​
However, experts say that more often than not, formula is stolen because of its high market demand among consumers rather than drug dealers.​

In short, it's stolen because it can make the thieves who steal it a lot of money.

And AOC, the utterly ignorant, imbecilic twit that she is, thinks its because they're "doing it to survive" - not realizing the "they" are largely organized criminals. And in her inveterate stupidity, she's defending them, the thieves who are hurting the very people she thinks she's helping.

Imagine reading something that says "there's a black market for undercut prices on baby food" and still not managing to make the link.

Tell me, Ed, why do you think there's demand for this stolen product?

First, this is organized crime. I don't know where they sell it or how they sell it - but sell it (and for pure profit) they most obviously do. Where does any black market operation sell their wares?

I think what you're missing is the very obvious fact that the parents (or at least some of them) are NOT buying it from the store but from the that black market - otherwise, the thieves themselves would have no market for their stolen goods.

And hurt those parents who either don't know where to purchase from the black market or are morally averse to purchasing stolen goods? Absolutely it hurts them - and the store owners who must compensate for such losses due to theft by raising prices on other goods - which, in turn, hurts those who need those goods too.

That's why AOC is such a massive tool and nitwit - she actually thinks all the people who steal these goods are "decent people just trying to make ends meet" when the glaring truth completely escapes her pea-sized mind.

So, what exactly is it you don't get?
If parents could afford it they wouldn't have a black market for it. Why steal baby formula if nobody buys it? Sure, some desperate parents steal things but mostly criminals make money off the needed. So, she wasn't far off, but I said that already, with a link.

Listen, America does have a problem with the quality of life people have here, most have very little. We are overworked, and underpaid, can't afford to work and can't afford to not work. We don't even have affordable healthcare like many other first world countries. Just a sad fact.

What's your point? Just hating the left for funzies on a Saturday? You could have picked a better topic. What's the argument?

If parents could afford it they wouldn't have a black market for it. Why steal baby formula if nobody buys it? Sure, some desperate parents steal things but mostly criminals make money off the needed. So, she wasn't far off, but I said that already, with a link.

Listen, America does have a problem with the quality of life people have here, most have very little. We are overworked, and underpaid, can't afford to work and can't afford to not work. We don't even have affordable healthcare like many other first world countries. Just a sad fact.

What's your point? Just hating the left for funzies on a Saturday? You could have picked a better topic. What's the argument?
Most have very little?

"They're stealing to feed their families!"
"They're stealing cuz no more child tax credits!"
"They're stealing baby formula to survive!"

This woman is a dunce. I wonder what her next excuse for these Smash N Grabbers will be. Whatever it is, it'll be a dilly for sure!

This woman is a dunce. I wonder what her next excuse for these Smash N Grabbers will be. Whatever it is, it'll be a dilly for sure!
My only disagreement? You're too kind.

The majority of Americans live paycheck to paycheck.
That's not really an accurate metric.

Nearly 40 Percent of Americans with Annual Incomes over $100,000 Live Paycheck-to-Paycheck​

That's not really an accurate metric.

Nearly 40 Percent of Americans with Annual Incomes over $100,000 Live Paycheck-to-Paycheck​

Regardless, they can't afford to save for emergencies. Depending where you live, $100,00 isn't a ton. If you're in Oklahoma you're rich, if you're stuck in L.A., NYC, or any other major metro city, that's not enough to live on. If you're poor, you can't afford to move out.
I own a company for instance, I make decent money, but my health insurance is almost 3000 a month because I'm over the 90,000 mark. More than a house payment.

The American life, being paid less than inflation, isn't going to sustain people. The working poor, those who live pay check to pay check are in the most trouble.

It's easy to look at things quickly and cast judgement but if you get into the details of Americas working class, you'll quickly see how ****ed it's become. There's a reason we are seeing an unstable work force.

Regardless, they can't afford to save for emergencies. Depending where you live, $100,00 isn't a ton. If you're in Oklahoma you're rich, if you're stuck in L.A., NYC, or any other major metro city, that's not enough to live on. If you're poor, you can't afford to move out.
I own a company for instance, I make decent money, but my health insurance is almost 3000 a month because I'm over the 90,000 mark. More than a house payment.

The American life, being paid less than inflation, isn't going to sustain people. The working poor, those who live pay check to pay check are in the most trouble.

It's easy to look at things quickly and cast judgement but if you get into the details of Americas working class, you'll quickly see how ****ed it's become. There's a reason we are seeing an unstable work force.
You said 'very little' which of course could mean anything, so I guess you are can't really be wrong . ( shrug shoulders) But I don't think that's accurate.

You said 'very little' which of course could mean anything, so I guess you are can't really be wrong . ( shrug shoulders) But I don't think that's accurate.
The truth is, without a lot of research you and I are just guessing by what we have available and debating it.

AOC may have a bleeding heart but that doesn't mean she's completely off her rocker wrong. You may think they're all just monsters, and some will be. This is a really difficult topic because cause and effect take a long long time, and a lot of research to understand.
So many variables. We won't get it from an article.

I just don't think she's entirely wrong or off her rocker. She works with a lot of people who do research in that area and I'm one of those people who think there are very few actual monsters out there.

So, this is just are opinions differing. No big.

The truth is, without a lot of research you and I are just guessing by what we have available and debating it.

AOC may have a bleeding heart but that doesn't mean she's completely off her rocker wrong. You may think they're all just monsters, and some will be. This is a really difficult topic because cause and effect take a long long time, and a lot of research to understand.
So many variables. We won't get it from an article.

I just don't think she's entirely wrong or off her rocker. She works with a lot of people who do research in that area and I'm one of those people who think there are very few actual monsters out there.

So, this is just are opinions differing. No big.
my big problem with aoc ( and to be fair most politicians) is they say things that make them sound good and pander to voters.
As the saying goes, politicians spend their energy on 2 things-getting elected and getting re-relected.
She learned a long time ,spouting all the right lw cliches got her very far.
I have no idea how much of it she actually believes. She seem pretty phoney to me.

And that isn't much these days thanks to Bidenflation.
If we're honest we haven't had pay that met inflation through a lot of presidents. The pandemic is an obvious reason for this, and it will go down, but what's our excuse for the last twenty years or more? I'm getting tired of hiring a government that does nothing substantial to help the working class.

This woman is a dunce.
I wonder what her next excuse for these Smash N Grabbers will be.
Whatever it is, it'll be a dilly for sure!
1645507725460.png

Back
Top Bottom