• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A modest proposal for dealing with home invaders

Phys251

Purge evil with Justice
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
We need to do something to stop all the killing of police officers. In 2019 alone, 44 LEOs lost their lives to firearms in the US, which is almost as many as the 200,000+ citizens who have been killed by COVID-19.

Up to three--three!--more could have been killed when they burst into the home of Breonna Taylor earlier this year while issuing a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend did not even stop to ask whether these invaders were officers of the law! And now, with today's decision to indict one of the officer with wanton endangerment, police are going to have to fear for their lives that someone who has no clue that they're LEO home invaders instead of regular home invaders!

But there is a simple way to fix this: Modify the castle doctrine so that anyone who is being burglarized at home MUST first confirm that the invaders are not LEOs. They can't just ask them, because of course they would say "yes." They must wait for clear proof one way or the other. They can't rely on a lack of uniforms, otherwise the officers who murdered Ms. Taylor could have been legally killed. Her boyfriend, Kenneth, should have been expected to possess the supernatural powers necessary to immediately deduce that they were plainclothes officers. If he didn't have those powers which any person on the receiving end of police violence should be retroactively expected to have, then he should have asked them. He should have asked, in a calm voice, whether these three LEOs who could have instantly taken his life, too, were actually LEOs.

Everyone who claims to support the Second Amendment should enthusiastically support this proposal that will increase the already very high standards of justice in America!

We need to do something to stop all the killing of police officers. In 2019 alone, 44 LEOs lost their lives to firearms in the US, which is almost as many as the 200,000+ citizens who have been killed by COVID-19.

Up to three--three!--more could have been killed when they burst into the home of Breonna Taylor earlier this year while issuing a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend did not even stop to ask whether these invaders were officers of the law! And now, with today's decision to indict one of the officer with wanton endangerment, police are going to have to fear for their lives that someone who has no clue that they're LEO home invaders instead of regular home invaders!

But there is a simple way to fix this: Modify the castle doctrine so that anyone who is being burglarized at home MUST first confirm that the invaders are not LEOs. They can't just ask them, because of course they would say "yes." They must wait for clear proof one way or the other. They can't rely on a lack of uniforms, otherwise the officers who murdered Ms. Taylor could have been legally killed. Her boyfriend, Kenneth, should have been expected to possess the supernatural powers necessary to immediately deduce that they were plainclothes officers. If he didn't have those powers which any person on the receiving end of police violence should be retroactively expected to have, then he should have asked them. He should have asked, in a calm voice, whether these three LEOs who could have instantly taken his life, too, were actually LEOs.

Everyone who claims to support the Second Amendment should enthusiastically support this proposal that will increase the already very high standards of justice in America!

Liberals have more stupid ideas than a clown car has clowns.

EarnestDiscreteCollardlizard-size_restricted.gif

We should also ask if they aren't cops if they are hear just to steal toasters or to try to kill the homeowner.

You do know what "A Modest Proposal" means, right? Here, let me help you. Reading--you should try it for a change.

I was fully aware of your awkward attempt at satire. However you front loaded your post with so much overt political preachiness, it wasn't even a mildly thoughtful or entertaining muse

As they say in showbiz--- when all else fails bring in the clowns. So please, stick to what you liberals are good at.;)

I was fully aware of your awkward attempt at satire. However you front loaded your post with so much overt political preachiness, it wasn't even a mildly thoughtful or entertaining muse

Let's cut to the chase and hear your answer to this question: Do you support the modest proposal or not?

As they say in showbiz--- when all else fails bring in the clowns. So please, stick to what you liberals are good at.

Most political comedians are liberals. 😉

Let's cut to the chase and hear your answer to this question: Do you support the modest proposal or not?

I am not in the habit of answering loaded questions presented as black or white fallacies.

Most political comedians are liberals. 😉

I am the Court Jester and I am not a liberal. I am fully aware of the important role of "the Jester". Especially when the court is made of a super majority of mindless unthinking liberals. ;)

I am not in the habit of answering loaded questions presented as black or white fallacies.

Your dodge is a concession. :)

I am the Court Jester and I am not a liberal. I am fully aware of the important role of "the Jester". Especially when the court is made of a super majority of mindless unthinking liberals.

You seem to have a very high view of yourself and your opinion.

As they say in showbiz--- when all else fails bring in the clowns. So please, stick to what you liberals are good at.;)

But address his question. Does a citizen have a right to defend himself with a firearm against home invaders?

If you agree, then you agree that the police are completely responsible for Miss Taylor's death.

Of course, I am of the opinion that they are civily liable not criminally liable.

Your dodge is a concession. :)

Sorry doesn't work that way. I'm just looking at pitches going deeper into the count.
Don't assume that I will not swing at something worthy of hitting out of the park.

You seem to have a very high view of yourself and your opinion.

Not really, but I'm sure that my low opinion of you and your opinion might lead you to that conclusion.:)

Sorry doesn't work that way. I'm just looking at pitches going deeper into the count.
Don't assume that I will not swing at something worthy of hitting out of the park.

Seems like I touched a nerve! Tell me, CJ: If someone were to invade your home, which would you be more likely to do: Defend yourself, or calmly ask them if they're cops?

But then again, satire is not something that righties are good at understanding.

Not really, but I'm sure that my low opinion of you and your opinion might lead you to that conclusion.

Your opinion is noted.

I dunno. I think the 2A bros have a point. Maybe it’s better if all home invaders were treated as such. Just keep firing till the room is *clear*.

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. And if it’s an invader with a history of these types of home invasion? Think of the lives that hero just saved.

A better purposel would be have home invaders knock on a door and politely ask to rob, rap, or kill the homeowner and make it illegal to refuse their request. Criminal Lives Matter

No proposal needed, legitimate or otherwise.
If the police do not knock and announce like the evidence shows they did in the Taylor case? You most definitely can.

Seems like I touched a nerve!

Not even close. That would be a hasty assumption on your part.
This is the internet, it isn't combat. I'm cool as a cucumber buddy boy.

Tell me, CJ: If someone were to invade your home,

You mean my home which is not a criminal enterprise? Not a place where I use drugs, sell drugs, buy drugs or have anyone ever at my home involved in any of those or any other crimes?

....which would you be more likely to do: Defend yourself, or calmly ask them if they're cops?

Defense is more than just what you may be required to do in a split second. Besides the aforementioned lack of criminal lifestyle or activity at my home (including my family), my home is well protected out beyond the confines of it's four walls. My readiness to defend my home means someone first needs to approach it, and that means breaching a locked gate, coming up a well lighted path/drive that has surveillance; dealing with a couple of well trained dogs----and then without any ability even to knock on my front door, stand exposed in the possible line of fire by another gate at my porch which prevents anyone from coming to the door anyway. So I figure most criminals would just move on looking for lower hanging fruit. And if for some quirky reason the police were interested in talking to me, they would probably just call me on the phone don't you think? Or push the call button on the gate by the street and ask me to come out. And if they were "really interested" in me.... they would just wait until I left the house to buy milk or something---- you know, like good police work.

But I don't see that as having any high probability do you? Police generally aren't too interested in law abiding folk. I don't associate with criminals, my children are more squeaky clean than Mormon kids on bikes; I don't beat my wife, and I pay my taxes. Don't have any ex's that are prior convicted drug dealers "picking up packages" at my home while under police surveillance. None of the cars registered in my name are ever parked at night at known local drug houses.

Starting to get the picture?

But then again, satire is not something that righties are good at understanding.

Yeah, you keep repeating that. Well, I may not be a rocket surgeon, but I'm not rotting in a grave right now either due to poor life choices, so at least give me credit for that.;)

Your opinion is noted.

Great! Hang on to it. Maybe put it under your pillow tonight and see if the lib fairy comes and puts a shiny Susan B Anthony dollar under your pillow? :giggle:

Home invasion used to mean 4 heavily armed guys breaking into the home of a drug dealer to take his drugs and money.

Now when an unarmed 16 year old kid breaks into your house to steal your TV, it's a "home invasion".

Sounds like you should be making it your life's work to end no-knock warrants.

Last edited:
Sounds like you should be making it your life's work to end no-knock warrants.

You don't actually want me to do that. I'll let you think about why. :)

You mean my home which is not a criminal enterprise? Not a place where I use drugs, sell drugs, buy drugs or have anyone ever at my home involved in any of those or any other crimes?

Oh, I get it! If one of the occupants of said home has some kind of history, and I burglarize them, it's on them not to shoot me! They need to politely ask whether I'm a cop first! 😁

Defense is more than just what you may be required to do in a split second. Besides the aforementioned lack of criminal lifestyle or activity at my home (including my family), my home is well protected out beyond the confines of it's four walls. My readiness to defend my home means someone first needs to approach it, and that means breaching a locked gate, coming up a well lighted path/drive that has surveillance; dealing with a couple of well trained dogs----and then without any ability even to knock on my front door, stand exposed in the possible line of fire by another gate at my porch which prevents anyone from coming to the door anyway. So I figure most criminals would just move on looking for lower hanging fruit. And if for some quirky reason the police were interested in talking to me, they would probably just call me on the phone don't you think? Or push the call button on the gate by the street and ask me to come out. And if they were "really interested" in me.... they would just wait until I left the house to buy milk or something---- you know, like good police work.

Their home was an apartment. Your argument is invalid.

But I don't see that as having any high probability do you? Police generally aren't too interested in law abiding folk.

If they had verified the correct address and not executed a no-knock warrant, Breonna Taylor would probably be alive today. But you don't care, because you believe that her life does not matter.

You don't actually want me to do that. I'll let you think about why. :)

Sorry, no clue. Help me out. Is it because you'll make a total mess of it just like you did with this thread :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, no clue. Help me out. Is it because you'll make a total mess of it just like you did with this thread

I'm sorry that you can't understand satire when you see it. That's okay, there are plenty of others who can. :)

I'm sorry that you can't understand satire when you see it. That's okay, there are plenty of others who can. :)

I'm fully aware of your ham-handed attempt at channeling Johnathan Swift. I was responding to what you really meant. So get started.

I'm fully aware of your ham-handed attempt at channeling Johnathan Swift. I was responding to what you really meant.

Tell me what I really meant. Go on. This out to be rich.

So get started.

Under whose authority?

My modest proposal how to deal with home invaders costs about 600 bucks - a S&W with a laser.

You can even shoot from the hip. With that laser, you will not miss, which is good for the walls and your neighbors.

Back
Top Bottom