• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A modest proposal for dealing with home invaders

We need to do something to stop all the killing of police officers. In 2019 alone, 44 LEOs lost their lives to firearms in the US, which is almost as many as the 200,000+ citizens who have been killed by COVID-19.

Up to three--three!--more could have been killed when they burst into the home of Breonna Taylor earlier this year while issuing a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend did not even stop to ask whether these invaders were officers of the law! And now, with today's decision to indict one of the officer with wanton endangerment, police are going to have to fear for their lives that someone who has no clue that they're LEO home invaders instead of regular home invaders!

But there is a simple way to fix this: Modify the castle doctrine so that anyone who is being burglarized at home MUST first confirm that the invaders are not LEOs. They can't just ask them, because of course they would say "yes." They must wait for clear proof one way or the other. They can't rely on a lack of uniforms, otherwise the officers who murdered Ms. Taylor could have been legally killed. Her boyfriend, Kenneth, should have been expected to possess the supernatural powers necessary to immediately deduce that they were plainclothes officers. If he didn't have those powers which any person on the receiving end of police violence should be retroactively expected to have, then he should have asked them. He should have asked, in a calm voice, whether these three LEOs who could have instantly taken his life, too, were actually LEOs.

Everyone who claims to support the Second Amendment should enthusiastically support this proposal that will increase the already very high standards of justice in America!
Someone kicks in my door, fi they managed to get past the security better have a uniform on that says Police and they better be identifying themselves at the same time, I might not shoot under those condit
Not even close. That would be a hasty assumption on your part.
This is the internet, it isn't combat. I'm cool as a cucumber buddy boy.

You mean my home which is not a criminal enterprise? Not a place where I use drugs, sell drugs, buy drugs or have anyone ever at my home involved in any of those or any other crimes?

Defense is more than just what you may be required to do in a split second. Besides the aforementioned lack of criminal lifestyle or activity at my home (including my family), my home is well protected out beyond the confines of it's four walls. My readiness to defend my home means someone first needs to approach it, and that means breaching a locked gate, coming up a well lighted path/drive that has surveillance; dealing with a couple of well trained dogs----and then without any ability even to knock on my front door, stand exposed in the possible line of fire by another gate at my porch which prevents anyone from coming to the door anyway. So I figure most criminals would just move on looking for lower hanging fruit. And if for some quirky reason the police were interested in talking to me, they would probably just call me on the phone don't you think? Or push the call button on the gate by the street and ask me to come out. And if they were "really interested" in me.... they would just wait until I left the house to buy milk or something---- you know, like good police work.

But I don't see that as having any high probability do you? Police generally aren't too interested in law abiding folk. I don't associate with criminals, my children are more squeaky clean than Mormon kids on bikes; I don't beat my wife, and I pay my taxes. Don't have any ex's that are prior convicted drug dealers "picking up packages" at my home while under police surveillance. None of the cars registered in my name are ever parked at night at known local drug houses.

Starting to get the picture?

Yeah, you keep repeating that. Well, I may not be a rocket surgeon, but I'm not rotting in a grave right now either due to poor life choices, so at least give me credit for that.;)

Great! Hang on to it. Maybe put it under your pillow tonight and see if the lib fairy comes and puts a shiny Susan B Anthony dollar under your pillow? :giggle:
Or like this?

Starting to get the picture now?

American toddlers can't handle the firepower. The 2A needs to be amended. The police are scared shirtless and killing people. Americans are so depressed and mentally ill they have no business with a gun theyre just going to shoot themselves or someone else with anyway.

Itś like watching a circus with the acts fully loaded.

Get rid of no knock warrants. Get rid of immunity. Get rid of civil forfeiture. Get rid of programs to hand over military gear to cops. Get rid of "warrior" type trainings. That and a whole lot more needs to change with policing in this country.

We've got it bass ackwards. Police should be respected because they're held to a higher standard than the people they go after. Instead, we hold them to a lower standard because they tell us about how bad the people they go after are.

"Land of the free, home of the brave" isn't supposed to mean let government agents wantonly kill citizens because there are bad people out there. It means things like better let a guilty mean free than jail an innocent. Or in this case, better let a guilty man go free than shoot up a household of innocents. Taylor was murdered in the name of "fighting drugs", itself one of the most atrocious policies of the U.S. You can't arrest your way out of a drug problem. You can, however, make that problem worse than it was by trying to arrest (or in this case, shoot) your way out of it.

Home invasions are not a thing here. We have burglars, but they try to break in when there's nobody home, and make off if disturbed by anyone.
Why do home invaders do it? What's different about American society that makes it happen?

American toddlers can't handle the firepower. The 2A needs to be amended. The police are scared shirtless and killing people. Americans are so depressed and mentally ill they have no business with a gun they're just going to shoot themselves or someone else with anyway.
I wholeheartedly agree. Let's make guns illegal like we did with booze, drugs, murders, rapes, and child abuse. Yeah, that should do it.

Did I miss anything?

Oh, almost forgot. Home invasions... I will write a memo to the would-be home invaders that it's illegal.

Tell me what I really meant. Go on. This out to be rich.

I have a better idea. Why don't YOU grow a pair and tell US what you really mean, and be specific, instead of hiding behind the convenient deniability of satire and loaded rhetorical questions?

Under whose authority?

You're clever, figure it out. You could start by writing letters to your Senators and Congressperson demanding that they support Rand Paul's bill. And if all else fails, maybe run around your neighborhood smashing windows and starting fires until a white supremacist vigilante shoots you.

We need to do something to stop all the killing of police officers. In 2019 alone, 44 LEOs lost their lives to firearms in the US, which is almost as many as the 200,000+ citizens who have been killed by COVID-19.

Up to three--three!--more could have been killed when they burst into the home of Breonna Taylor earlier this year while issuing a no-knock warrant. Her boyfriend did not even stop to ask whether these invaders were officers of the law! And now, with today's decision to indict one of the officer with wanton endangerment, police are going to have to fear for their lives that someone who has no clue that they're LEO home invaders instead of regular home invaders!

But there is a simple way to fix this: Modify the castle doctrine so that anyone who is being burglarized at home MUST first confirm that the invaders are not LEOs. They can't just ask them, because of course they would say "yes." They must wait for clear proof one way or the other. They can't rely on a lack of uniforms, otherwise the officers who murdered Ms. Taylor could have been legally killed. Her boyfriend, Kenneth, should have been expected to possess the supernatural powers necessary to immediately deduce that they were plainclothes officers. If he didn't have those powers which any person on the receiving end of police violence should be retroactively expected to have, then he should have asked them. He should have asked, in a calm voice, whether these three LEOs who could have instantly taken his life, too, were actually LEOs.

Everyone who claims to support the Second Amendment should enthusiastically support this proposal that will increase the already very high standards of justice in America!
They knocked

Back
Top Bottom