• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly se

NeverTrump

Exposing GOP since 2015
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Oh look more Steele Dossier proven true. More lies told by Cohen. More likely pee-tape is real. #peeliever

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016, at the height of the presidential campaign, leaving an electronic record to support claims that Cohen met secretly there with Russian officials, four people with knowledge of the matter say.
Cell signal puts Cohen outside Prague around time of purported Russian meeting

For reference this is what the Dossier said about Prague and cohen: “The agenda comprised questions on how deniable cash payments were to be made to hackers who had worked in Europe under Kremlin direction against the CLINTON campaign and various contingencies for covering up these operations.”

Last edited:
Oh look more Steele Dossier proven true. More lies told by Cohen. More likely pee-tape is real. #peeliever

For reference this is what the Dossier said about Prague and cohen: “The agenda comprised questions on how deniable cash payments were to be made to hackers who had worked in Europe under Kremlin direction against the CLINTON campaign and various contingencies for covering up these operations.”
Alright, I'd like to know what's going-on here.

McClatchy claimed this (Cohen in Prague) in a story either earlier this year, or late last year - I forget which. The story was never confirmed by other sources, and it was only spartanly carried by the media due to its nature and it being single-anonymously-sourced.

Either McCatchy is blowing wind, or they believe they've got a legit unique source. If it's the latter, the possibly fallout could be huge. It's not just about Cohen, obviously; it's about where it may lead.

Just the edges of what we know could fill a good-sized tome.

I am a bit undecided on how Mueller should compose his report so that it can be reader-friendly and easily-digested by most Americans.

Perhaps a 'cast of characters' introduction, with events then flowing in chronological order assisted by explanatory-annotations where necessary.

Either McCatchy is blowing wind, or they believe they've got a legit unique source. If it's the latter, the possibly fallout could be huge. It's not just about Cohen, obviously; it's about where it may lead.

I think the likeliness that this could be a big failure is about 50/50 but did McCatchy say Cohen was in Prague or did they cite the Dossier?
If Dossier, I believe it more than McCatchy

I am a bit undecided on how Mueller should compose his report so that it can be reader-friendly and easily-digested by most Americans.

Perhaps a 'cast of characters' introduction, with events then flowing in chronological order assisted by explanatory-annotations where necessary.

Obviously. Cable news watchers like flowcharts on various types of boards...Be it white, chalk, or electronic.

I'd start with an executive summary! ;)

During my Army service, 1972-75, the Government Printing Office came out with service manuals for vehicles with cartoon type drawings complete with text balloons.

I think the likeliness that this could be a big failure is about 50/50 but did McCatchy say Cohen was in Prague or did they cite the Dossier?
If Dossier, I believe it more than McCatchy
This appears to be McCatchy using their source. Here's what jumped-out at me, because after seeing the headline my mind went in this exact direction before even reading the article:

McClatchy reported in April 2018 that Mueller had obtained evidence Cohen traveled to Prague from Germany in late August or early September of 2016, but it could not be learned how that information was gleaned.

Former Watergate prosecutor Jill Wine-Banks said that if disclosures of the foreign intelligence intercepts are true,

“This is a very significant break, because it looks like a direct link between Donald Trump’s personal fixer and Russians most likely involved in the disruption of our election.”

Remember the Dossier claims Cohen was sent to Russia to fix and clean-up the traces and evidence of the Trump-Russia contact. Then in the recent Cohen plea filings, we see claims of Cohen being made responsible for cleaning-up the evidence & contact of the Russian Trump Towers deal.

If accurate, Cohen going to Praque could be part of the Russian Trump Towers deal. If not, it could even be far more sinister. Or it might even be all encompassing.

Quite honestly, if accurate it's looking like Cohen is a bagman.

During my Army service, 1972-75, the Government Printing Office came out with service manuals for vehicles with cartoon type drawings complete with text balloons.
Did it look look anything this? ;)

12-7CM-8-9CM-Kilroy-Was-Here-WWII-Icon-Military-Marines-Army-America-Vinyl-Sticker-Car.jpg_640x6.jpg

This appears to be McCatchy using their source. Here's what jumped-out at me, because after seeing the headline my mind went in this exact direction before even reading the article:

Remember the Dossier claims Cohen was sent to Russia to fix and clean-up the traces and evidence of the Trump-Russia contact. Then in the recent Cohen plea filings, we see claims of Cohen being made responsible for cleaning-up the evidence & contact of the Russian Trump Towers deal.

If accurate, Cohen going to Praque could be part of the Russian Trump Towers deal. If not, it could even be far more sinister. Or it might even be all encompassing.

Bagmen don’t do “a tiny, tiny fraction........”

From CNBC-“President Donald Trump on Thursday sought to distance himself from his longtime personal lawyer, Michael Cohen, telling Fox News hosts that Cohen handled only a "tiny, tiny fraction" of his "overall legal work."

Who talks like that?

Chances of Mueller working with Steele have probably rose significantly after this report came out. I bet the family of Seth Rich and Steele have tons of evidence that has helped Mueller.

Chances of Mueller working with Steele have probably rose significantly after this report came out. I bet the family of Seth Rich and Steele have tons of evidence that has helped Mueller.
I find it hard to believe Steele hasn't already been interviewed by Mueller's team. Quietly, perhaps in Britain.

McClatchy claimed this (Cohen in Prague) in a story either earlier this year, or late last year - I forget which. The story was never confirmed by other sources, and it was only spartanly carried by the media due to its nature and it being single-anonymously-sourced.

As always, the sign is whether WaPo or NYTimes picks it up.

I find it hard to believe Steele hasn't already been interviewed by Mueller's team. Quietly, perhaps in Britain.

I've been thinking Cohen really covered up his tracks good here b/c Prague is where some **** went down.

A ping in an area is proof that he met with Russian secretly.

That is a stretch even for you.

A ping in an area is proof that he met with Russian secretly.

That is a stretch even for you.

It supports the claim that he was in Prague during the alleged meeting. I mean...duh?

It supports the claim that he was in Prague during the alleged meeting. I mean...duh?

You have never heard of a different person carrying a phone?

If the man was there, there would be evidence on his passport and even more evidence of him entering the country.

That would be proof, not a ping of a cellphone.

You have never heard of a different person carrying a phone?

If the man was there, there would be evidence on his passport and even more evidence of him entering the country.

That would be proof, not a ping of a cellphone.

There would not necessarily be evidence on his passport. This has been covered to death.

The "somebody else was carrying his phone" theory was, I assume, intended to be idiotic.

If THIS time it still ain't the one we'll soon need a bigger chart.

anticipation of collusion evidence.jpg

Add it all together... The Trump Tower meeting, etc... It's obvious what it leads too...

This is beyond disturbing

Back
Top Bottom