• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly se

Let's not forget that when then Pres.-elect Trump and his incoming Administration was asked specifically if Michael Cohen had been to Prague, this is what they said:

SPICER: The fact that BuzzFeed and CNN made the decision to run with this unsubstantiated claim is a sad and pathetic attempt to get clicks. The report is not an intelligence report, plain and simple. One issue that the report talked about was the relationship of three individuals associated with the campaign. These three individuals; Paul Manafort, Michael Cohen, and Carter Page.

Carter Page is an individual who the president-elect does not know and was put on notice months ago by the campaign. Paul Manafort has adamantly denied any of this involvement and Michael Cohen, who is said to have visited Prague in August and September did not leave or enter the United States during this time. We asked him to produce his passport to confirm his whereabouts on the dates in question and there was no doubt that he was not in Prague.

In fact, Mr. Cohen has never been in Prague. A new report actually suggests that Michael Cohen was at — at the University of Southern California with his son at a baseball game. One report now suggested apparently it’s another Michael Cohen.

Notice the clear distinction here...

A mobile phone traced to President Donald Trump’s former lawyer and “fixer” Michael Cohen briefly sent signals ricocheting off cell towers in the Prague area in late summer 2016...

...report actually suggests that Michael Cohen was at — at the University of Southern California with his son at a baseball game. One report now suggested apparently it’s another Michael Cohen...

I said to my wife at the time that this WH statement was put out that if Trump was able to discredit one piece of the Steele dossier, people would believe the entire document was a fake. It's like what Johnny Cockrin did for OJ..."if the glove don't fit, you must acquit". Trump: If my Michael Cohen didn't visit Prague and his passport doesn't show a stamp that he entered the country, then it's a big fat lie! But notice that Trump never showed Michael Cohen's passport nor any record from the State Department on Cohen's foreign travel itinerary. It's the old "look this way" trick and people foolishly fell for it...

You have never heard of a different person carrying a phone?

If the man was there, there would be evidence on his passport and even more evidence of him entering the country.

That would be proof, not a ping of a cellphone.

It might not be on his passport. EU countries don't stamp passports when entering other EU countries. I flew into Dresden, Germany in 2015 and took a train to Prague. My passport has the German stamp but nobody checked that I was in the Czech Republic.

Nobody lends somebody their cellphone to take to another country.

Oh my gosh... the case is broken wide open! Cell Phone ping pong! :lamo

Bad reporting, bad information and bad story by same reporter Peter Stone @McClatchyDC. No matter how many times or ways they write it, I have never been to Prague. I was in LA with my son. Proven! https://t.co/ra7nwjUA0X

— Michael Cohen (@MichaelCohen212) April 14, 2018

Intelligence Community Believes It Was a Different Michael Cohen Who Visited Prague

Jan 11th, 2017, 10:33 am

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-intelligence-community-believes-it-was-a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/

CNN’s Jake Tapper reported Wednesday morning that intelligence officials looked into allegations from an explosive unsubstantiated memo that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen visited Prague in late August to meet with Russian officials, and found that it was a different Michael Cohen who visited the city.

Cohen strongly denied the charges Tuesday, saying that he had never been to Prague. The Washingtonian reported that two sources at the University of Southern California confirmed that Cohen was in Los Angeles at the time he was supposed to have been in Europe.

Tapper seemingly confirmed Cohen’s story. “People tried to run that down and concluded it was a different Michael Cohen. It was a Michael Cohen with a passport from another country, same birth year, different birth date,” he said.

Jake Tapper knows the truth.

Oh my gosh... the case is broken wide open! Cell Phone ping pong! :lamo

Wow! I thought you would lay low, what with 1000 points in one day and all.......:2wave:

Intelligence Community Believes It Was a Different Michael Cohen Who Visited Prague

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/report-intelligence-community-believes-it-was-a-different-michael-cohen-who-visited-prague/

CNN’s Jake Tapper reported Wednesday morning that intelligence officials looked into allegations from an explosive unsubstantiated memo that Trump lawyer Michael Cohen visited Prague in late August to meet with Russian officials, and found that it was a different Michael Cohen who visited the city.

Cohen strongly denied the charges Tuesday, saying that he had never been to Prague. The Washingtonian reported that two sources at the University of Southern California confirmed that Cohen was in Los Angeles at the time he was supposed to have been in Europe.

Tapper seemingly confirmed Cohen’s story. “People tried to run that down and concluded it was a different Michael Cohen. It was a Michael Cohen with a passport from another country, same birth year, different birth date,” he said.

So...did the other Michael Cohen send his cell phone to the NYC Michael Cohen for safe keeping?

There would not necessarily be evidence on his passport. This has been covered to death.

The "somebody else was carrying his phone" theory was, I assume, intended to be idiotic.

Cohen is one helluva smart mother****er if he went to to Prague and left zero trace of having been there.

Cohen is one helluva smart mother****er if he went to to Prague and left zero trace of having been there.

If the article is correct then apparently he wasn’t smart enough.

I've been thinking Cohen really covered up his tracks good here b/c Prague is where some **** went down.
I suspect there indeed is often correlation between the effort & complexity of the cover-up, and the criminality of the actions. Makes sense, to me.

Add it all together... The Trump Tower meeting, etc... It's obvious what it leads too...

This is beyond disturbing
Yep. Lots of smoke, but no concrete public revelations. But it is clear that Mueller's report has the potential to be a bombshell. And to bring-in our previous economic discussion, I think the markets can feel it too. It's only one component, and probably somewhat baked-in, but it's still a valid component. Markets abhor uncertainty. I suspect they abhor possible Constitutional crisis, even more! ;)

I've heard multiple media orgs are working on verifying the information. They won't publish if not true.
Look at what's occurring, and the sources we're using, and the way we're talking. Note that none of us are even giving the administration the most minor credence, but rather are using their statements to provide evidential information to bolster the truth we are actually getting from the Indie Counsel & Fourth Estate.

This is exactly what occurred during Nixon's Watergate, as it rolled on. Except there's one missing element, and that's the Watergate hearings. However now that the Dems are in control of the investigations, as they were during Watergate, we may stand a chance at getting further to the truth. Those televised hearings, along with Nixon's own words on tape, flipped the body politic against Nixon. It's going to b interesting times ahead.

My prediction: The Trump admin is going to totally lawyer up, and ignore virtually all Dem requests, forcing everything into the courts. They know how bad it's going to get, and the GOP know some of them are going to look badly as well.

You have never heard of a different person carrying a phone?

If the man was there, there would be evidence on his passport and even more evidence of him entering the country.

That would be proof, not a ping of a cellphone.
You don't need to show a passport when traveling in the Schengen Zone. You're thinking of the old-time pre-E.U. days ...

Droopy Dog face lawyer by day, covert operative by night. It's like a Hollywood movie.

Am I mixing things up? I thought we knew about this already (ie, that his statements about that trip were lies).

Droopy Dog face lawyer by day, covert operative by night. It's like a Hollywood movie.

I know, right! Cohen literally pulled off the impossible: he went to Europe, avoided passport controlled, didn't show up on any airline manifest, nor airport camera. It's absolutely incredible!

I know, right! Cohen literally pulled off the impossible: he went to Europe, avoided passport controlled, didn't show up on any airline manifest, nor airport camera. It's absolutely incredible!

What are the legal ramifications? Enlighten us, please......

Dont crush their hopes with facts.

My God now I know how Trump fooled and conned all of his Trumpsters.

Does anyone think that someone like Cohen goes through all the same BS and protocol when he goes from here to there as the rest of us? People on his level piss on Passports and airline manifest? LOL If he was traveling on the QT to Europe he could easily do it under the RADAR. Unfortunately for him it looks like he used his own cellphone and not a burner..

My God now I know how Trump fooled and conned all of his Trumpsters.

Does anyone think that someone like Cohen goes through all the same BS and protocol when he goes from here to there as the rest of us? People on his level piss on Passports and airline manifest? LOL If he was traveling on the QT to Europe he could easily do it under the RADAR. Unfortunately for him it looks like he used his own cellphone and not a burner..
Can't get a "burner" in most parts of Europe. You need "valid" ID.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

Can't get a "burner" in most parts of Europe. You need "valid" ID.

Sent from my Honor 8X using Tapatalk

I did not know that. But people the level of Donald Trump's personal lawyer.. I'm sure there were ways for him a) get into Europe on the sly... And b) make calls without using his own phone. Especially if he was meeting the Russians..

What are the odd eh

The same name, the same birth day and birth year. It is like they are twins. I bet the look the same as well

Back
Top Bottom