• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA[W:45:62]

paintmyhouse

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Dear NRA: we are America's warriors. We are the Armed Forces. We train with our assault rifles to defend citizens like you. You have no business picking up an assault rifle for any reason.

Whenever some idiot like Wayne Lapierre, or some bimbo like Dana loesch holds up a gun and calls him or herself a defender of freedom, that is a huge embarrassment to us. You defend nothing but the gun industry's profits. We are the true guardians of freedom.

There is no reason for anybody in this day and age to own a gun with a pistol grip, a buffer stock, or a red dot sight. These are tools designed to kill people, and we use them to kill enemies of America. You only use them to kill children in classrooms.

And forget about your little concealed carry. True men like me don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big. In fact, we are NOT allowed to carry guns everywhere while on base. And we don't feel small because of that. Because we know that the best self defense is not doing stupid ****, and watching your back. And if sheet hits the fan, we are physically able to defend ourselves with our fists, unlike you fat@$$ weakling semi-men gun nuts.

Don't believe me? Just ask Senator Gary Peters from Michigan, who is a veteran and supports gun control. Or ask Jack Reed, senator from Rhode Island, graduate of motherfreaking WEST POINT, who is a staunch opponent of the NRA. Or Tammy Duckworth. Or Ruben Gallego. Or Anthony Brown. Or anyone on this list: Candidates | VoteVets.org

And you think you can overthrow the US military with your little toys. HELL TO THE MOTHERLOVIN' NO WAY! We have nuclear missiles. We have drones. If we get the order from our commander in chief to obliterate you and take your guns from your cold, dead hands, we will. And your arsenal will do nothing, since you won't even see the bunker buster coming. We already turned Atlanta to ash in 1864. We will happily do it again to protect elementary schoolchildren in classrooms around the nation.

But most of you would turn in your guns peacefully. You don't have the balls to fight. You wouldn't really die for what you believe in. Otherwise, you'd have enlisted in the military. Why didn't you, you big men? (HEAVY sarcasm there).

So when you pick up a gun, and read your little NRA propaganda, and feel like a good American, just remember that we real American heroes are not on your side.

Re: A message from an Army Veteran to the NRA

You are off to a very, very busy first day on DP.

When I post, I usually find free time to do so (aka I have enough time to post a lot) and make sure that most of what is on my mind during that time gets said

When I post, I usually find free time to do so (aka I have enough time to post a lot) and make sure that most of what is on my mind during that time gets said

It just seems like you're starting a lot more threads than most people tend to do, especially on day 1. Also, this seems about as good a place as any to post this picture, so...

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

It just seems like you're starting a lot more threads than most people tend to do, especially on day 1. Also, this seems about as good a place as any to post this picture, so...

I-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

First off, WTF is your picture trying to say?

Also, yes, I start a lot of threads. Is there a law against it?

First off, WTF is your picture trying to say?

Also, yes, I start a lot of threads. Is there a law against it?

I'm sorry, this is my first day back from my suspension, I'm looking for any excuse to talk, and I've had that picture waiting to get used for almost two months now, without a good reason to post it ever popping up. I just get a bit impatient at times.

I'm sorry, this is my first day back from my suspension, I'm looking for any excuse to talk, and I've had that picture waiting to get used for almost two months now, without a good reason to post it ever popping up. I just get a bit impatient at times.

Why did you get suspended?

Also, what do you think of my letter to the NRA?

Funny, I know lots of military personnel on many forums. Very few of them want gun control to the extent that you seem to be calling for. Even fewer spew such vitriolic acid while stating so.

And FYI, just being in the Military does not make one a hero. Fighting for ones country alone means nothing. Fighting for ones country AND everything that it stands for AND ALL the Rights that everyone has is what makes one a hero. You are not a hero since you obviously did not fight for our Rights.

One more FYI, there are far more American Heroes in this country than just those that were in the Military. Cops, firefighters, doctors all deserve that title to so don't you dare try and put yourself above any of them as you will be rightly smacked down for doing so.

Dear NRA: we are America's warriors. We are the Armed Forces. We train with our assault rifles to defend citizens like you. You have no business picking up an assault rifle for any reason.

Whenever some idiot like Wayne Lapierre, or some bimbo like Dana loesch holds up a gun and calls him or herself a defender of freedom, that is a huge embarrassment to us. You defend nothing but the gun industry's profits. We are the true guardians of freedom.

There is no reason for anybody in this day and age to own a gun with a pistol grip, a buffer stock, or a red dot sight. These are tools designed to kill people, and we use them to kill enemies of America. You only use them to kill children in classrooms.

And forget about your little concealed carry. True men like me don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big. In fact, we are NOT allowed to carry guns everywhere while on base. And we don't feel small because of that. Because we know that the best self defense is not doing stupid ****, and watching your back. And if sheet hits the fan, we are physically able to defend ourselves with our fists, unlike you fat@$$ weakling semi-men gun nuts.

Don't believe me? Just ask Senator Gary Peters from Michigan, who is a veteran and supports gun control. Or ask Jack Reed, senator from Rhode Island, graduate of motherfreaking WEST POINT, who is a staunch opponent of the NRA. Or Tammy Duckworth. Or Ruben Gallego. Or Anthony Brown. Or anyone on this list: Candidates | VoteVets.org

And you think you can overthrow the US military with your little toys. HELL TO THE MOTHERLOVIN' NO WAY! We have nuclear missiles. We have drones. If we get the order from our commander in chief to obliterate you and take your guns from your cold, dead hands, we will. And your arsenal will do nothing, since you won't even see the bunker buster coming. We already turned Atlanta to ash in 1864. We will happily do it again to protect elementary schoolchildren in classrooms around the nation.

But most of you would turn in your guns peacefully. You don't have the balls to fight. You wouldn't really die for what you believe in. Otherwise, you'd have enlisted in the military. Why didn't you, you big men? (HEAVY sarcasm there).

So when you pick up a gun, and read your little NRA propaganda, and feel like a good American, just remember that we real American heroes are not on your side.

I appreciate his service and I appreciate his opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Why did you get suspended?

Also, what do you think of my letter to the NRA?

I was suspended for proxy posting. A buddy of mine on here recently got banned, and he asked me to say goodbye for him. I found out that was against the rules when the fifteen-pointer got me a two-week suspension.

As a Libertarian, I disagree with you on most everything relating to gun control, asides from the necessity of mental health checks to get a gun.

The part where you said true men don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big? In regards to concealed carry? As a 130-pound guy who's never been in a fist fight in his life, I'm pretty sure I'd sh*t myself if I had to go through a high-crime area without some kind of firearm in case of an emergency. But that's just me.

Well considering you are trying to say because you were in the military you are some kind of hero? Ahhhh... No. Being that I am also a veteran I would just like to say thank you for your service and what you spew is absolute nonsense. Speak for yourself.

PS: I am a big fat black guy and I am not scared of ****. I carry because it is better to have it and not need it. I take responsibility for my family and loved ones. You think that ends because you make PFC?

Funny, I know lots of military personnel on many forums. Very few of them want gun control to the extent that you seem to be calling for. Even fewer spew such vitriolic acid while stating so.

And FYI, just being in the Military does not make one a hero. Fighting for ones country alone means nothing. Fighting for ones country AND everything that it stands for AND ALL the Rights that everyone has is what makes one a hero. You are not a hero since you obviously did not fight for our Rights.

One more FYI, there are far more American Heroes in this country than just those that were in the Military. Cops, firefighters, doctors all deserve that title to so don't you dare try and put yourself above any of them as you will be rightly smacked down for doing so.

You who who ISN'T a hero? Gun nuts who hold pictures of them holding Ar 15's in front of an American flag, claiming to be defending your rights, when they would probably **** themselves if ordered to actually fight for their country. They are losers and pathetic pieces of crap

I was suspended for proxy posting. A buddy of mine on here recently got banned, and he asked me to say goodbye for him. I found out that was against the rules when the fifteen-pointer got me a two-week suspension.

As a Libertarian, I disagree with you on most everything relating to gun control, asides from the necessity of mental health checks to get a gun.

The part where you said true men don't need to carry a gun around everywhere to feel big? In regards to concealed carry? As a 130-pound guy who's never been in a fist fight in his life, I'm pretty sure I'd sh*t myself if I had to go through a high-crime area without some kind of firearm in case of an emergency. But that's just me.

Then don;t walk through bad neighborhoods if you're not enough of a man to sue your fists, not a metal dick extender

I appreciate his service and I appreciate his opinion no matter how wrong it is.

Thank you. I wish that other people would be like you, and just shut up if they didn't serve

1. Did you serve? If not, STFU

2. Most police officers, emt's, and doctors are VERY supportive of gun control. After all, they're the ones who see the bodies of shooting victims

Then don;t walk through bad neighborhoods if you're not enough of a man to sue your fists, not a metal dick extender

OK what was your MOS? Where were you stationed and for how long? Because a real man would not talk such Hollywood nonsense.

Investigate what happened on Fort Hood, a while back - did those unarmed military heroes stop the terrorist shooter with their fists or was a civilian with a gun able to do so?

Thank you. I wish that other people would be like you, and just shut up if they didn't serve

You might gain a little more traction around here if you would be a little nicer. You ever hear the phrase you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar?

Investigate what happened on Fort Hood, a while back - did those unarmed military heroes stop the terrorist shooter with their fists or was a civilian with a gun able to do so?

Not a civilian with a gun, that's for sure. The well trained MP's did, as they were supposed to

OK what was your MOS? Where were you stationed and for how long? Because a real man would not talk such Hollywood nonsense.

31 Bravo (military police)

In a way, I can speak for both the military AND law enforcement

What the Hell am I supposed to do, challenge the guy trying to rob me to fisticuffs? I'm sorry my metabolism isn't suited for weight training. Christ.

You might gain a little more traction around here if you would be a little nicer. You ever hear the phrase you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar?

I'm just tired of the Walter Mitty's, with their stolen valor, thinking that owning a gun makes them some sort of good American. They can go to hell. Real Americans like me want to see our children safe in their classrooms, and people who wave the American flag with their guns, but who haven't served their country, be revealed for the asholes they are

I do fairly well with bull**** myself. :lol:

What the Hell am I supposed to do, challenge the guy trying to rob me to fisticuffs? I'm sorry my metabolism isn't suited for weight training. Christ.

Then train harder, *****. That's what the Army does. That's why we have 100 pound women graduating Basic Combat Training, while you can;t even be bothered to learn how to defend yourself without a bang bang?

Back
Top Bottom