• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A mass shooting in downtown Orlando leaves 7 people hospitalized

Minor placement because no deaths.

DERP

Were you hoping for deaths? Really?

The MSM uses the same tactic to brainwash people through propaganda. Is it working?

DERP, lmfao

We’re you hoping for deaths? Really?

DERP, lmfao
Where would you get a stupid idea like that? I pointed out that's why this isn't headline materiel.

Don't project your bloodlust to me please.

Where would you get a stupid idea like that? I pointed out that's why this isn't headline materiel.

Don't project your bloodlust to me please.

From you.

You are ALWAYS the first person to point out that sort of thing if the MSM covers it, then the blabbing commences. It’s what happens.

I’m shocked! 🙄

Criminals need to stop committing crimes like these.

With all the hate and division driven by the MSM and big tech that control almost every aspect of the internet and tv, I am not surprised.

Slaves to ourselves, controlled by technology.

The Wizard of Oz was waaaaaay before it’s time.

Fairy tale, turned to reality.

There’s no place like home? Unless you are getting gunned down in your sleep.

From you.

You are ALWAYS the first person to point out that sort of thing if the MSM covers it, then the blabbing commences. It’s what happens.

I’m shocked! 🙄

Criminals need to stop committing crimes like these.

With all the hate and division driven by the MSM and big tech that control almost every aspect of the internet and tv, I am not surprised.

Slaves to ourselves, controlled by technology.

The Wizard of Oz was waaaaaay before it’s time.

Fairy tale, turned to reality.

There’s no place like home? Unless you are getting gunned down in your sleep.
WTF is all that babble? If you're trying to make a point, just say it. No need for the the obfuscation.

Some Americans do not get too exercised about gang shootings, for they often only involve bad guys killing other bad guys.

I guess the issue I have here is that this is being billed as a "mass shooting" because it fits a technical definition. What happened in Orlando, 7 injured during a mostly Black street party, is pretty much a joke - no one cares.

Calling this a "mass shooting" is an insult to Columbine-class events.

WTF is all that babble? If you're trying to make a point, just say it. No need for the the obfuscation.

Over heads it may be.

That’s plain to see.

When the heads do roll,

We get posterity.

I guess the issue I have here is that this is being billed as a "mass shooting" because it fits a technical definition. What happened in Orlando, 7 injured during a mostly Black street party, is pretty much a joke - no one cares.

Calling this a "mass shooting" is an insult to Columbine-class events.

How are the innocent people shot in Orlando any different than the kids shot in school shootings?

How are the innocent people shot in Orlando any different than the kids shot in school shootings?

The media who reports them are the difference.

They are indifferent.

Over heads it may be.

That’s plain to see.

When the heads do roll,

We get posterity.
Does anyone here speak gibberish? I need a translation please!

Does anyone here speak gibberish? I need a translation please!

Yup!

If you can’t take on your own snark shark, it’s time to get out of the kiddie pool.

Last edited:
The media who reports them are the difference.

They are indifferent.

What differences was "the media" pointing out?

Lm a o

Rickaroo, lol

Blacks, lmfao.

Wow

Another Rickeroo thread obsessing over blacks.

If you habitually point out obsessions, does that make you obsessed?

Food for thought in your hammy howl.

Woop.

I'd agree with @IQ57 and say that it's the way the media reports it. However, there are factors causing the media to do this:

1. Societal expectations of crime. A white shot in a white town would generate far more fervor than Black on Black homicide in Baltimore.

2. The definition of mass shooting has been watered down to 4+ injured or killed in order to pump up the numbers. With this definition, whites account for 11% of mass shooting causalities, the remaining 89% committed by other races.

Meanwhile......a fairly quiet weekend in Chicago.

Only 44 shot and 4 dead

It gave "Beetlejuice Lightfoot" some much needed time to worry over Lollapalooza.

Guns.

Again.

This time, no lives were lost. Gunshot deaths in the United States of America in 2020 are listed at 45,222.* That averages to one death by gunshot every 12 minutes.

If we represent that year's deaths by standard coffins placed end-to end along a stretch of highway, it would take one hour at 60 miles/hour to drive past them.

One hour, at 60 miles/hour.

Guns.

Again.

* Ref: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/02/03/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Back
Top Bottom