• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A mans choice of Abortion

People who say that Bush went to war for Halliburton do not need proof, therefore, neither do I.

Personally, I don't believe in either assumption. It is the unreliability of the pill that was the reason for its failure, not anything my wife did or did not do. I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

The Pill might have failed. However, it only failed that many times because the user was stupid enough to permit it.

Busta said:
People who say that Bush went to war for Halliburton do not need proof, therefore, neither do I.

Personally, I don't believe in either assumption. It is the unreliability of the pill that was the reason for its failure, not anything my wife did or did not do. I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

Like I said, before you are going to make these claims about planned parenthood, provide PROOF to back up what you are saying. If you do not have proof to provide, people will not tkae you seriously.

Each sprat type of pill failed only once, each.
And as Iv'e already said, we used other forms of birth control at the same time.

The only real control a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.

Busta said:
Each sprat type of pill failed only once, each.
And as Iv'e already said, we used other forms of birth control at the same time.

The only real control a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.

So you are basically saying that your girlfriend/wife now was using the pill and it failed 5 times, which means she was doing something wrong.

Then YOU were using a condom, obviously incorrectly also if it resulted in failing 5 times.

ProChoiceDanielle said:
So you are basically saying that your girlfriend/wife now was using the pill and it failed 5 times, which means she was doing something wrong.

Then YOU were using a condom, obviously incorrectly also if it resulted in failing 5 times.

Sure, and planned parenthood gives faulty pills so that they can sell abortions.

She used 5 different pills. Each different type of pill failed only once, each.
she took them exactly as P.P. told her to.

I didn't use the condoms incorrectly. Condoms are not reliable.

Busta said:
Sure, and planned parenthood gives faulty pills so that they can sell abortions.

She used 5 different pills. Each different type of pill failed only once, each.
she took them exactly as P.P. told her to.

I didn't use the condoms incorrectly. Condoms are not reliable.

Again, Provide PROOF that planned parenthood sells faulty abortion pills! They provide the same birth control pills as you would get at a normal doctors office.

It sounds like she did not take the pills correctly and consistantly and did not follow proper instructions since it happened 5 TIMES!

Are you and your wife cousins, by any chance?

I love how you see fit to rant about responsibility, then blame your stupidity on PP. :roll:

vergiss said:
Are you and your wife cousins, by any chance?

I love how you see fit to rant about responsibility, then blame your stupidity on PP. :roll:

Many Anti Choicers do!

"Again, Provide PROOF that planned parenthood sells faulty abortion pills! They provide the same birth control pills as you would get at a normal doctors office".

Agene, I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

"The pill" is not reliable.
The only real control that a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.

Busta said:
"Again, Provide PROOF that planned parenthood sells faulty abortion pills! They provide the same birth control pills as you would get at a normal doctors office".

Agene, I was illustrating absurdity by being absurd.

"The pill" is not reliable.
The only real control that a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.

Vasectomy's have failure rates.

Busta said:
Yes, that's why allot of people push for abstinence. No sex, no pregnancy.

And that is not an option for married couples.

No way am I doing it, either. Some of us are smart enough not to get knocked up five times.

vergiss said:
No way am I doing it, either. Some of us are smart enough not to get knocked up five times.

While SUPPOSEDLY using TWO forms of birth control!!

Busta said:
I agree with that.
If you get pregnant you are still accountable to that child and responsible for its well being.

There is no child until birth! If you have an abortion, theres not child at all. Problem solved!

Damn, I am glad my mom and dad didn't think like that!

Busta said:
That is the point on which we differ.

Do you believe in God?

Why does that matter? I just stated earlier, I do not believe in God.

Medically, which is all that matters... There is no child until birth.

"ProChoiceDanielle"
"Why does that matter? I just stated earlier, I do not believe in God.

Medically, which is all that matters... There is no child until birth."

Both science and the law disagree with that assumption.
No point in my arguing it though. You have taken God out of the argument, so there is no argument.

Science doesn't disagree - I've never seen a med book talk about the "baby", just the "embryo" or "foetus". The law definitely doesn't disagree, or else abortion would be deemed murder, as would causing a woman to involuntarily miscarry. Likewise, killing a pregnant women would be considered two homicides, not just one.

Exactly. Once you take your idea of God out of this argument, you've got nothing to stand on.

Here is an example of the law determining that an unborn child is a person.
The law uses science and common scence to detrmin homicide.

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/SFL/homicide_killing_unborn_child.htm

American Law Reports ALR5th Volume 64 (1998) Annotation
HOMICIDE BASED ON KILLING OF UNBORN CHILD

Alan S. Wasserstrom, J.D.

Whether the slayer of an unborn child or fetus can be convicted of a homicide has been the subject of controversy among state and federal courts. While under the common law a conviction was only possible if the child was born alive that is no longer a universal rule under state and federal statutes. Accordingly, convictions may be won where death of the child occurs before birth where the courts consider the child to be viable or a person or human being under the governing statute. For example, in the case of State v. Holcomb, 956 S.W.2d 286, 64 ALR5th 901 (Mo. Ct. App. W.D. 1997), the court held that an unborn child is a "person" for the purposes of the first degree murder statute and the fact that a mother of a pre-born child may have been granted certain legal rights to terminate the pregnancy did not preclude the prosecution of a third party for murder in the case of a killing of a child not consented to by the mother. The court rejected the defendant's argument that his actions in killing the child, accomplished by a savage beating of the mother, should be considered equivalent to conduct under the state's misdemeanor abortion statute. The court, instead, determined that the state legislature never intended to treat the unconsented (by the mother) killing of a pre-born infant, in the context of a physical assault on the mother, as anything other than a murder of the infant. This annotation examines all cases addressing the homicides of unborn children under statutory provisions, but does not consider the myriad cases decided under common law.

...but didn't Roe vs. Wade rule that a foetus was not a person?

Busta said:
"ProChoiceDanielle"
"Why does that matter? I just stated earlier, I do not believe in God.

Medically, which is all that matters... There is no child until birth."

Both science and the law disagree with that assumption.
No point in my arguing it though. You have taken God out of the argument, so there is no argument.

Yet again, Can you provide proof? Science does not disagree with me, and neither does the law. The law states a fetus is not considered a child OR a person until birth.

There is an arguement without God at all time.

Back
Top Bottom