• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every persons position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

A mans choice of Abortion

asmith555

New member
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
It seems to me that men are given equal if not more responsibilty for thier children It seems fair that the Man should have equal rights to the abortion of thier child as well.
 

IValueFreedom

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Isn't that one of the things that the Supreme Court is expected to rule on when it comes back together in October?

The case asking if a wife has to talk with the husband before getting an abortion.

I thought I remembered something along those lines. Don't know... I could be wrong.
 

blogger31

Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2005
Messages
199
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Moderate
IValueFreedom said:
Isn't that one of the things that the Supreme Court is expected to rule on when it comes back together in October?

The case asking if a wife has to talk with the husband before getting an abortion.

I thought I remembered something along those lines. Don't know... I could be wrong.
I haven't heard about that case, but I think what is being said, to make sure we are in line with the feminist groups who want equality all across the board, a man should not have to pay child support if he wants to abort his child. The woman can still have the child, she just cannot seek child support from the man because he will abort his paternal responsibility, much like what the woman does when she gets an abortion.
 

IValueFreedom

Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Busta said:
If a Man keeps it in his pants until he is married, he doesn't have anything to worry about.
Not everyone shares your views on waiting for marriage. I for one do participate in sex even though i'm not married or even engaged. Sexuality is a healthy form of expression between you and your partner(s).

I realize that this was not your main point of 'keeping it in your pants means you're not going to get anyone pregnant', so please don't that it was lost. I just caught a little bit of bias as to when it is appropriate to have sex. But I don't think you purposly meant to impart your values onto others, so everything's gravy :)
 

ElGringo17

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Funny how the RadFems try to dole out the to men how much responsibility they will get and how much choice they will get....apparently their idea for men's choice is to not have sex, and if they do, accept all the inequality that comes with it, but if a woman refuses to not have sex, then she she gets to have choices men don't get, oen of which is the choice to force a man against his will into indentured servitude for 18 years for what is "HER CHOICE, HER BODY!" as the hairy underarm fat butch diesels chant....

This is the hegemonistic RadFems idea of misandristic, bigoted gender discrimination against men and a clear violation of the 14th Amendments Equal Protection Clause.
 

Busta

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
I'm no Christian, just in case anyone thinks so. Nor did I ever learn anything in a Church (not for lack of them trying).
I was just stating the obvious from my own personal experience.
I started having sex when I was 17. Long story short, the result was 2 abortions, 2 adoptions and 2 boys that I have today.
I learned the hard way why abortion is wrong.
Placing 2 children up for adoption eats away at me every day.

With this I mean no ill intent: You will have to excuse me for not buying the line "Sexuality is a healthy form of expression between you and your partner(s). ". I could argue agents that line tirelessly for all eternity, but I don't think that this is the thread to argue sexuality its self; so I'll drop it.

Simply put, my point is this. Men, you have no rights. Your children are not yours unless "she" decides otherwise. If you are for abortion and she wants to keep it, your f***ed. If you are agents abortion and she wants to suck your child into a sink, you're f***ed.
The only real control that you have is either a Vasectomy or abstinence.
Everything els is chance.
 

ElGringo17

Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2005
Messages
246
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Which is exactly why we need to have the US Supreme Court to overturn this unconstitutional sexist, anti-male discriminatory laws and give men reproductive rights equality.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Busta said:
I started having sex when I was 17. Long story short, the result was 2 abortions, 2 adoptions and 2 boys that I have today.
I learned the hard way why abortion is wrong.
Christ, haven't you heard of the Pill?!

blogger31 said:
I haven't heard about that case, but I think what is being said, to make sure we are in line with the feminist groups who want equality all across the board, a man should not have to pay child support if he wants to abort his child. The woman can still have the child, she just cannot seek child support from the man because he will abort his paternal responsibility, much like what the woman does when she gets an abortion.
...but that's not what you think, is it?
 
Last edited:

Busta

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
My girlfriend was on the pill the first 2 times she got pregnant.
Myself, my wife and my first son are living proof that the pill doesn't work. The only real control that Men have is to either keep it in their pants or to get a vasectomy.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Condoms, diaphragm, hormone implants... Logic dictates that if something fails once, you switch to something else, rather than let it happen another four times.

I'm pro-choice. However, even I think that once is an accident, twice is irresponsible, and three or more times is plain stupid.
 

Busta

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Condoms failed. There are no diaphragms or hormone implants for men.

My girlfriend switched the type of pill she was taking after each one failed. She went on Depovera shots for @ a year, but she chose to stop because of all the water wait gain.

Iv'e been around the contraceptive block 4 times. My experiences are what taut me that the only real control that a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
asmith555 said:
It seems to me that men are given equal if not more responsibilty for thier children It seems fair that the Man should have equal rights to the abortion of thier child as well.
Well of course! Men have choices too. Choice #1) Discuss their views on children and abortion with their sexual partner before engaging in sex. Choice #2) Use a condom.

The choice of abortion is a woman's choice considering she is the ONLY one who will need to remain pregnant and give birth. When men can, then they can have more choices too!
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
IValueFreedom said:
Isn't that one of the things that the Supreme Court is expected to rule on when it comes back together in October?

The case asking if a wife has to talk with the husband before getting an abortion.

I thought I remembered something along those lines. Don't know... I could be wrong.
And if they are not married?
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Busta said:
My girlfriend was on the pill the first 2 times she got pregnant.
Myself, my wife and my first son are living proof that the pill doesn't work. The only real control that Men have is to either keep it in their pants or to get a vasectomy.
3 pill failures? Are you sure the pill was being used correctly, or was not interacting with any other types of medication?

No man, who is young, is going to run out and get snipped. They may want children in the future. And some can't afford it.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Busta said:
Condoms failed. There are no diaphragms or hormone implants for men.

My girlfriend switched the type of pill she was taking after each one failed. She went on Depovera shots for @ a year, but she chose to stop because of all the water wait gain.

Iv'e been around the contraceptive block 4 times. My experiences are what taut me that the only real control that a man has is to either keep it in his pants or get a Vasectomy.
I have been on Depovera for 3 years now, and as long as you stay active, you will maintain your normal weight.

There are also different methods besides the pill, and depo.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Actually, he had 5 failures.
 

Busta

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
My girlfriend-now-wife was not on any medications, so i'm sur that wasn't an issue.

We trusted Planned Parenthood but they can't charge for an abortion if there is no pregnancy.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Busta said:
My girlfriend-now-wife was not on any medications, so i'm sur that wasn't an issue.

We trusted Planned Parenthood but they can't charge for an abortion if there is no pregnancy.
She never took any kind of anti biotics?

Planned parenthood is a great place, I have been going there since I was 15 years old, and still never gotten pregnant on any of the medication they gave me. It sounds like she did not take these medications correctly and consistantly.
 

vergiss

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 31, 2005
Messages
2,356
Reaction score
1
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Yes, that's it. Planned Parenthood was conspiring for your money. :roll: Don't worry in the least about your own bloody common sense.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
vergiss said:
Yes, that's it. Planned Parenthood was conspiring for your money. :roll: Don't worry in the least about your own bloody common sense.
LOL! Ya, Planned Parenthood is so concerned about money, that is why they provide low cost medical services for women who do not have medical insurance. And also provide low cost birth control.

Go figure!:roll:
 

Busta

DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 18, 2005
Messages
1,135
Reaction score
0
Location
From somewhere, deep below the Earth...
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
She wasn't on the pill while she was taking the antibiotics.

Planned parenthood is a business. Abortion is a service that they sell.
If it is reasonable for others to assume that Bush went to war for Halliburton, then it is reasonable for me to assume that Planned Parenthood gives girls faulty birth control so that they buy an abortion.

If Halliburton's profits are not the reason you think that Bush went to war, then selling abortions is not my reason why the pill failed.

The pill failed. Quit trying to pin it on the user.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2005
Messages
158
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Political Leaning
Liberal
Busta said:
She wasn't on the pill while she was taking the antibiotics.

Planned parenthood is a business. Abortion is a service that they sell.
If it is reasonable for others to assume that Bush went to war for Halliburton, then it is reasonable for me to assume that Planned Parenthood gives girls faulty birth control so that they buy an abortion.

If Halliburton's profits are not the reason you think that Bush went to war, then selling abortions is not my reason why the pill failed.

The pill failed. Quit trying to pin it on the user.
Planned parenthood is an organization that helps women who cannot afford normal healthcare because they do not have insurance.

If you are going to make such claims against planned parenthood, please have PROOF to back up your claims.

The birth control that planned parenthood provides is the SAME birth control that you would recieve from an Ob/Gyn or pharmacy.
 
Top Bottom