• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A man kills people, including an infant, with an axe

DebateChallenge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Here is a case of a man who used an axe to kill four people, including an infant. Fortunately he was shot dead by the police and an 8 year old girl's life was saved who otherwise would've been another one of his victims. So that just goes to show that people don't need guns to kill, its not the tool but rather what its being used for, and that guns save lives such as in this case where the 8 year old girl's life was saved.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-g...ing-her-from-man-with-ax-who-killed-4-in-home

:inandout: (I highly doubt the quality of discussion & debate this thread can generate.)

Here is a case of a man who used an axe to kill four people, including an infant. Fortunately he was shot dead by the police and an 8 year old girl's life was saved who otherwise would've been another one of his victims. So that just goes to show that people don't need guns to kill, its not the tool but rather what its being used for, and that guns save lives such as in this case where the 8 year old girl's life was saved.
https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-g...ing-her-from-man-with-ax-who-killed-4-in-home

OK, those poor people go on to the axe homicide list and not on the 10,000+ strong gun homicide list.

If 10,000+ people were being killed by axes, you may have a point.

Do you think Stephen Paddock would have killed 58 people + himself if he'd had an axe collection ?

OK, those poor people go on to the axe homicide list and not on the 10,000+ strong gun homicide list.

If 10,000+ people were being killed by axes, you may have a point.

Do you think Stephen Paddock would have killed 58 people + himself if he'd had an axe collection ?

Always referring to the most extreme....

How many people could we save with axe registration. I call for common sense axe control. Start with registering any axe. Especially those with black handles. Those are assault axes.

Here was a mass murder using an axe.

He probably got it without registering.

Maybe even from a swap meet.

Always referring to the most extreme....

How many people could we save with axe registration. I call for common sense axe control. Start with registering any axe. Especially those with black handles. Those are assault axes.

Here was a mass murder using an axe.

He probably got it without registering.

Maybe even from a swap meet.

Gun control will always be half measures until the 2nd amendment is repealed and guns are banned.

Make it near impossible for people to buy guns and ammunition and seize existing guns and destroy them.

Then watch gun crime fall. Yes people wanting to kill will still want to, but less will attempt it and less still will achieve it.

Today is January 21st. Number of mass shootings so far this year: EIGHTEEN

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

Gun control will always be half measures until the 2nd amendment is repealed and guns are banned.

Make it near impossible for people to buy guns and ammunition and seize existing guns and destroy them.

Then watch gun crime fall. Yes people wanting to kill will still want to, but less will attempt it and less still will achieve it.

Today is January 21st. Number of mass shootings so far this year: EIGHTEEN

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/reports/mass-shooting

What does any of that have to do with this heinous mass murder by axe?

Are you trying to minimize the damage done by an axe welding madman?

What does any of that have to do with this heinous mass murder by axe?

Are you trying to minimize the damage done by an axe welding madman?

Nothing, this whole thread is pointless.

The OP wanted to say that removing guns won't change the number of people killed because they'd just use axes or something similar.

I call BS on that.

Homicides would dramatically reduce if guns were banned.

Nothing, this whole thread is pointless.

The OP wanted to say that removing guns won't change the number of people killed because they'd just use axes or something similar.

I call BS on that.

Homicides would dramatically reduce if guns were banned.

Relevance to this heinous attack?

Zero.

Please fail again.

Does this fall under the heading axes don't kill people, people kill people? And if the answer to that is yes and it applies to guns as well because they don't kill people either, why do we need guns to kill each other since it's not actually the object causing the damage but the person behind it. I'm just trying to point out what I see as a stupid argument to defend gun ownership. I don't own a firearm, feel free to own a hundred if it makes ya' feel better.

He could've killed far more people by flying an airplane into the crowd. He did have a pilot's license, and an airplane.

Back
Top Bottom