• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

a little problem with GOP "logic"

Spunkylama

Requested Profile Delete. Bye
Banned
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
14t4i0fs29x81.jpg

No more than the little problem with demorat “logic”. Having a state by state patchwork of abortion laws would be chaotic, but having a state by state patchwork of gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws is necessary for democracy.

No more than the little problem with demorat “logic”. Having a state by state patchwork of abortion laws would be chaotic, but having a state by state patchwork of gun control, environmental protection, minimum wage and recreational drug laws is necessary for democracy.
I don't think there's a whole lot of people who support this either. It's mostly the people who scream "federalism" who are OK with this.

The US isn't a democracy. Democraties are abusive to the rights of people. We have democratic elections but we are a constitutional republic.

That patchwork of laws is why we have a US Consttion to prevent it.

The GOP has no logic, they are a bunch of assholes that just believe and spout lies and have nothing to back it up. They are hypocritical and selfish people easily duped by bullshit

If Right-wingers were actually interested in reducing abortions in general they would have adopted a host of other policies before trying to take away the right to an abortion outright. Including embracing things like non-abstinence-only sex ed, expanding access to contraception, and allowing gay couples to adopt.

Whatever alternate explanation you have for the right's backwards-ass attitudes likely isn't going to impress, either. Stupidity and cruelty.

I don't think there's a whole lot of people who support this either. It's mostly the people who scream "federalism" who are OK with this.

Maybe you have it backwards.

Most conservatives don't want to ban abortions ...just FYI
They want that to be a power relegated to the States to decide.
But by all means, chicken little away.
State’s Reichs in this twisted logic are a BOIL.
Blatant Outrageous Irrational Lie.
The 10th amendment gave us the civil war.
It will ALWAYS divide us.

The US isn't a democracy. Democraties are abusive to the rights of people. We have democratic elections but we are a constitutional republic.

That patchwork of laws is why we have a US Consttion to prevent it.

Nope - see the 10A.

Maybe you have it backwards.

No, that's not what I'm referring to. We have a patchwork system of wacky laws and inconsistent standards across state lines precisely because that's what a federal system intends.

Am I OK with it? There are times when state's rights are a buttress against federal tyranny, and there are times when federal power is a buttress against tyranny at the state level.

If Right-wingers were actually interested in reducing abortions in general they would have adopted a host of other policies before trying to take away the right to an abortion outright. Including embracing things like non-abstinence-only sex ed, expanding access to contraception, and allowing gay couples to adopt.

Whatever alternate explanation you have for the right's backwards-ass attitudes likely isn't going to impress, either. Stupidity and cruelty.
There are some stringent abortion on demand folks and then some people that want to ban them altogether, you aren't reaching those people with this reversal.
States rights conservatives see this as the right move. I don't see contraceptives changing. I also don't see abortion being outright banned in a huge majority of States. I do see the viability line shifting around.

State’s Reichs in this twisted logic are a BOIL.
Blatant Outrageous Irrational Lie.
The 10th amendment gave us the civil war.
It will ALWAYS divide us.
That piece of paper doesn't divide us, the politicians have done a wonderful job of that all on their own, with the help of the media.

No, that's not what I'm referring to. We have a patchwork system of wacky laws and inconsistent standards across state lines precisely because that's what a federal system intends.

Am I OK with it? There are times when state's rights are a buttress against federal tyranny, and there are times when federal power is a buttress against tyranny at the state level.

Yep, and the purpose of the 10A was for each to stay in their lanes.

I won't believe the GOP is serious about reducing abortion until they make "irresponsible ejaculation" a crime with a five-year minimum sentence

You don't get to pull the "My body My rights!" argument when discussing mask mandates or vaccinations, and then pivot to overturning Roe V Wade. Still, it should get the Democratic vote out.

Most conservatives don't want to ban abortions ...just FYI
They want that to be a power relegated to the States to decide.
But by all means, chicken little away.

So if their state supported abortion rights, they would shut up about it and suddenly support a woman's right to an abortion?

So if their state supported abortion rights, they would shut up about it and suddenly support a woman's right to an abortion?

Yep, just as those on the left will shut up if (when?) their state passes more restrictive abortion laws. ;)

Nope - see the 10A.
It was the Articles of Consifedation that gave the states more power, but that idea proved to be unworkable in less than a decade. That is why we have the US Constitution with far more power in the federal government and the states acting as individual districts. The 10th is not proof of your idea that the various individual states can have laws that would be contrary to each other. This is why the SCOTUS exists to settle those situations and have 1 national law. The 10th has been virtually meaningless after the Civil War.

Oh yes, of course the "pro-life" people would stop being vocally pro-life just because their state said it's legal. I mean, they all stopped yakking about it after Roe was settled, right?
Is that what I said?
Let's respect what each of us say. There is a significant portion of 'Republicans' and conservatives who support abortion (with limits, that can be adjusted based upon the medical science)

Is that what I said?
Let's respect what each of us say. There is a significant portion of 'Republicans' and conservatives who support abortion (with limits, that can be adjusted based upon the medical science)

So you agree that they will still protest abortion even in the states where it is deemed legal by the states.

Back
Top Bottom