• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A little ditty from Jeff Foxworthy

If you can get arrested for hunting or fishing without a license,
but NOT for entering and remaining in the country illegally — you might
live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots. aka leftists.

This doesn't make much sense. You do need a visa to enter the country legally. Just as you can fish illegally you can enter the country illegally. The question is what do you do when someone breaks the law.

Obama deported more people than any other president before him. We have always deported people who were here illegally.

So, it's really a question about how we should enforce the law. There are millions of illegal immigrants who are a vital part of the economy.

If you have to get your parents' permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin
in school, but not to get an abortion you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses
but is run by idiots or Democrats.

It's not that simple. Some teens would face horrible consequences if they told their parents they are pregnant. Some teens may have been raped by one of their parents or a relative. It's not a black and white issue. It's not comparable to taking an aspirin.

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check
out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live
in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots, guess who that is.

You show an ID to buy liquor to prevent minors from buying liquor. We know that a lot of minors try to buy liquor.

The problem with voter ID is there is no evidence that people who are not citizens try to vote illegally. To vote, you have to first be a registered voter.

If you want to require ID's then first make sure EVERYONE has an ID.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend
trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

Let's say you're in a lot of debt. You borrow money from your brother to buy a car because you need a car to take a new job. Isn't that an example of how going further into debt can help you out of debt?

It's the same with the economy. Sometimes borrowing more money can improve the economy and thus reduce debt in the long term.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while
not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones
you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots and the left who just love it.

Living on welfare is not some kind of paradise. Living in subsidizing housing is not something people desire.

If it's so great, why don't' you just stop working and go on welfare? Living on welfare sucks. Welfare mostly goes to single mothers with kids. How do you get a job when you have small children and you can't afford daycare? Do you want them living on the streets and working as prostitutes?

You claim you're against abortion yet you don't want to help poor single mothers with children who chose not to have an abortion. You see the hypocrisy?

I have taken the liberty of editing his whole point and of course adding my feelings about who the real idiots are.

live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots. aka leftists.

If you have to get your parents' permission to go on a field trip or to take an aspirin
in school, but not to get an abortion you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses

If you MUST show your identification to board an airplane, cash a check, buy liquor, or check
out a library book and rent a video, but not to vote for who runs the government — you might live
in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots, guess who that is.

If your government believes that the best way to eradicate trillions of dollars of debt is to spend
trillions more — you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots.

If hard work and success are met with higher taxes and more government regulation and intrusion while
not working is rewarded with Food Stamps, WIC checks, Medicaid benefits, subsidized housing, and free cell phones
you might live in a nation that was founded by geniuses but is run by idiots and the left who just love it.

Poachers are scumbags. Why do you support poaching?

This doesn't make much sense. You do need a visa to enter the country legally. Just as you can fish illegally you can enter the country illegally. The question is what do you do when someone breaks the law.

Obama deported more people than any other president before him. We have always deported people who were here illegally.

So, it's really a question about how we should enforce the law. There are millions of illegal immigrants who are a vital part of the economy.

It's not that simple. Some teens would face horrible consequences if they told their parents they are pregnant. Some teens may have been raped by one of their parents or a relative. It's not a black and white issue. It's not comparable to taking an aspirin.

You show an ID to buy liquor to prevent minors from buying liquor. We know that a lot of minors try to buy liquor.

The problem with voter ID is there is no evidence that people who are not citizens try to vote illegally. To vote, you have to first be a registered voter.

If you want to require ID's then first make sure EVERYONE has an ID.

Let's say you're in a lot of debt. You borrow money from your brother to buy a car because you need a car to take a new job. Isn't that an example of how going further into debt can help you out of debt?

It's the same with the economy. Sometimes borrowing more money can improve the economy and thus reduce debt in the long term.

Living on welfare is not some kind of paradise. Living in subsidizing housing is not something people desire.

If it's so great, why don't' you just stop working and go on welfare? Living on welfare sucks. Welfare mostly goes to single mothers with kids. How do you get a job when you have small children and you can't afford daycare? Do you want them living on the streets and working as prostitutes?

You claim you're against abortion yet you don't want to help poor single mothers with children who chose not to have an abortion. You see the hypocrisy?

You do realize that welfare here is a better lifestyle than living and working in south America therefore it is an incentive. I am not against abortion as long as YOU are the one that pays for it. It you can't afford to pay for it you shouldn't be pregnant. Ever hear of birth control?

I have taken the liberty of editing his whole point and of course adding my feelings about who the real idiots are.

None of it really means anything to me. Sounds like a grumpy old white guy sitting on a bench butching about a world that has passed him by and he no longer understands.

Why bother doing that when Trump is no longer the president and can go nothing. Biden is in charge, he is the one to attack. Will you?
That's what I thought.

Right on cue

Priceless

Why bother doing that when Trump is no longer the president and can go nothing. Biden is in charge, he is the one to attack. Will you?

Lets leave Pumpkin Caligula out of it, since this would need to be an act of Congress anyway.

Want to take the Republican leadership the last 4 years to task for not doing anything about it? I mean, they DID have total control for the first 2 of those years and all they accomplished was blowing up the budget and deficit.

I don't give a damn who wrote it! It is accurate and that is the pathetic place we find ourselves in today because of wrong-headed leftist, liberal thinking. Instead of challenging
who the author is why not try to defend the points made.
That is the most ironic statement in history. We just endured the most destructive 4 years in the history of this nation and it was all because of a wrong headed demagogue President supported by wrongheaded right wingers who put power above country.

Why, Why, Why can't you support strong border control? Blaming the job creators who many times are forced to hire illegals in order to compete with their competitors is avoiding the problem at its source, a porus border. Another point---all illegals are not here for the jobs alone. Many are career criminals coming to where the money is. Many pregnant women come for healthcare and the knowledge that that child will be automatically a citizen which makes her un-deportable. Don't forget the lure of all the free stuff the DEMONRATS provide lawbreakers. Just protect the damn border!
LOL No one forced the one term mistake from hiring illegals at all his properties he did so with the blessings of the Govt. who refuse to prosecute those that are the cause of every single illegal border crossing and overstaying of a visa. You have been duped by someone who hires 1000's of the people he says he hates.

https://time.com/4465744/donald-trump-undocumented-workers/

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a30379305/trump-winery-undocumented-workers-fired/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...dbc1dc-2971-11e9-97b3-ae59fbae7960_story.html

Jeff Foxworthy doesn't do politics. You got conned by the Internet again.

If you can get past the point that the video is on Huff Post--you can't--you'll be able to hear Jeff Foxworthy speak for himself . . . instead of having you pretend to speak for him.

This thread reminds me why there are so few successful conservative comedians.

I think the heart of the problem is that conservatives aren't funny people.

Again....no border is going to be perfect. You want to attempt to lock down the country, feel free. Just do it in smarter ways....that stupid ****ing wall wasn't going to stop anything. There are better methods of doing that particular task.

That having been said....the border being almost perfect isn't going to stop business owners in the current environment from using the labor of the ones who DO get through the border at a cheap rate......and neither is you making piss poor excuses for them either. Waaaaaahhhh.......they have to compete with thier competitors and its gonna cost them some of thier obscene profits....tough titty kitty. Reality is that they don't WANT the border secured, because it would prove my point....they would still exploit the ones who managed to beat border security, and then act like they weren't complicit in the shit when an ICE raid shows up to thier business asking questions.....and you would still be blaming the illegal and not the business owner.

For shame.
We should ask Customs and Border Patrol if the new and upgraded portions of Wall have been a big help. If they have, we should ask them for the five most critical sections that should be built next, and we should fund it. Very few people are getting over that Wall, but if they can just walk around it, it's not going to be very effective.

We should ask Customs and Border Patrol if the new and upgraded portions of Wall have been a big help. If they have, we should ask them for the five most critical sections that should be built next, and we should fund it. Very few people are getting over that Wall, but if they can just walk around it, it's not going to be very effective.

The majority of people that were caught and detained coming into this country were caught through technology, not by a person while trying to defeat a physical barrier. And its not like those that have been caught were open about how they got here (you know, over the wall or some other route).

That being the case, we should be spendimg more money on those things that are actually working as opposed to things that havent proven thier value.

Oh, and one other thing in regards to E-Verify.....I want it to have actual teeth and there to be actual pain for companies who violate it. None of this small fine bullshit. You violate it once, half the company assets. Do it twice and there goes any licensing you may have had, including liquor, sales tax, operators and such...essentially putting you out of business.

You on board with THAT?

Surprise! I would definitely support that type of action.
This thread reminds me why there are so few successful conservative comedians.

I think the heart of the problem is that conservatives aren't funny people.

What? You think such serious concerns are funny.

The majority of people that were caught and detained coming into this country were caught through technology, not by a person while trying to defeat a physical barrier. And its not like those that have been caught were open about how they got here (you know, over the wall or some other route).

That being the case, we should be spendimg more money on those things that are actually working as opposed to things that havent proven thier value.

Nothing is working because when you liberals are playing catch and release.

That is the most ironic statement in history. We just endured the most destructive 4 years in the history of this nation and it was all because of a wrong headed demagogue President supported by wrongheaded right wingers who put power above country.

Blah, Blah Blah!!!!!!

Nothing is working because when you liberals are playing catch and release.

Conflating two different issues here....

The fact is that they WERE caught to begin with. They were caught using tech, not a physical barrier.

What happens after that is a separate issue.

Yes. Very funny.

That's what happens when someone without a sense of humor shares their "serious concerns" with someone who does.

Jeff Foxworthy is laughing at you.

Yes. Very funny.

That's what happens when someone without a sense of humor shares their "serious concerns" with someone who does.

Jeff Foxworthy is laughing at you.

Why is that? It seems that no Liberals think he wrote it.

I don't give a damn who wrote it! It is accurate and that is the pathetic place we find ourselves in today because of wrong-headed leftist, liberal thinking. Instead of challenging
who the author is why not try to defend the points made.
Nothing in that is accurate. It was written by an idiot for idiots. Congratulations on spreading it around. You are a good little helper.

Why is that? It seems that no Liberals think he wrote it.

I quoted a video of him saying he didn't do any of these memes that lazy, unimaginative, unfunny conservatives stole, so I dunno, it seems like your beef is with Jeff Foxworthy. Perhaps you could tweet your disappointment at him.

I quoted a video of him saying he didn't do any of these memes that lazy, unimaginative, unfunny conservatives stole, so I dunno, it seems like your beef is with Jeff Foxworthy. Perhaps you could tweet your disappointment at him.
Oh oh. He is a traiter to the cult now.

Oh oh. He is a traiter to the cult now.

Dude literally made a living off of mocking hillbillies.

Some conservatives can't connect dots.

Then right alongside you expecting to see Biden do something about it in his first week, I would expect that you would also be hopping mad that in 4 years, all the GOP did was take the teeth out of E Verify.

Of course, I would only expect that of someone who was choosing to display some intellectual integrity.....so I guess you have an out if you want it.

Balls in your court.

Back
Top Bottom