• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

A liberal says that liberals should do more to end racism

I just looked at his posts and didn't see him say that.

factually wrong
the op says people should be more willing to live in integrated neighborhoods, send their children to integrated schools, and attend integrated churches.

he claimed most all americans already do . .

im asking for proof "most all" churches and schools and neighborhoods have one miniorty person in them

factually wrong
the op says people should be more willing to live in integrated neighborhoods, send their children to integrated schools, and attend integrated churches.

im asking for proof "most all" churches and schools and neighborhoods have one miniorty person in them

He didn't say "most all churches and schools and neighborhoods have one black person in them" anywhere.

Unless you can tell me the post number where he said that? I just read all of his posts and never saw those words anywhere. In fact I don't believe I saw him mention black persons at all.

He didn't say "most all churches and schools and neighborhoods have one black person in them" anywhere.

Unless you can tell me the post number where he said that? I just read all of his posts and never saw those words anywhere. In fact I don't believe I saw him mention black persons at all.

Like i already pointed out to him, black doesnt have to be the term, you are free to replace it with minority.(which is integration)
so I repeat

so he did in fact make the claim that most all are already integrated .. thats how English works

so now he will have to support that claim :shrug:

no other deflections matter . . his claim needs supported and so far there is none :)

Make up strawmen much, pick any minority I will ask you AGAIN

what facts?
the one i already point out simply because segregation laws don't exist any more?
you claimed most all churches and schools and neighborhoods have one MINORITY person in them, please list those facts now thanks

This is what I said:
Most all Americans do live in integrated neighborhoods, attend integrated churches, and send their kids to integrated schools. I’m all for walking the walk (and do), but it seems to me that Krattenmaker is just preaching “white guilt”.

I’ve already provided evidence of my assertion in post #14. If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it instead of (inexplicably) attacking me.

Additional proof of my assertion: https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewr...y-segregated-but-things-are-changing-2/?amp=1

Last edited:
See, it is a good practice to actually link to an article if you are going to reference it. That way you cannot get away with misrepresenting what the article says.

Thank you so much for your advice.

(1) I am just a little computer illiterate senior citizen who can't link. That's why I do not post in "breaking news."

(2) I do not think that I "misrepresented" the general tone of the article, but you are -- of course -- entitled to your opinion.

Best wishes

1.) This is what I said:

I’ve already provided evidence of my assertion in post #14. If you have evidence to the contrary, please present it instead of (inexplicably) attacking me.

Additional proof of my assertion: https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewr...y-segregated-but-things-are-changing-2/?amp=1

1.) yes i know what ou said i quoted it LMAO
2.) nothign you posted makes YOUR claim true . .in fact it proves our claim wrong :shrug:
nobody is attacking you so that lie fails too. I asked you to support your claim . . so far we are still waiting . .no evidence is needed by me since YOU made YOUR claim. If that bothers you the solution is simply. dont make claims you cant back up and call them facts.

in your next post please post "the facts" which you said you had that makes your claim true instead of further deflecting and posting lies or simply post with honesty and integrity and admit what you post is not a fact. We'll be waiting, thanks!

1.) yes i know what ou said i quoted it LMAO
2.) nothign you posted makes YOUR claim true . .in fact it proves our claim wrong :shrug:
nobody is attacking you so that lie fails too. I asked you to support your claim . . so far we are still waiting . .no evidence is needed by me since YOU made YOUR claim. If that bothers you the solution is simply. dont make claims you cant back up and call them facts.

in your next post please post "the facts" which you said you had that makes your claim true instead of further deflecting and posting lies or simply post with honesty and integrity and admit what you post is not a fact. We'll be waiting, thanks!

I have provided clear proof of my assertion. Either you didn’t read it, didn’t comprehend it, or you’re just lying in a feeble attempt to regain face. In any event, it is clear by the tone of your responses and the deterioration of both spelling and coherency that you are becoming upset. Either specifically outline your disagreement with my assertion or just move on. Your choice.

P.S. You don’t speak for “we”.

1.) I have provided clear proof of my assertion. Either you didn’t read it, didn’t comprehend it, or you’re just lying in a feeble attempt to regain face.
2.) In any event, it is clear by the tone of your responses and the deterioration of both spelling and coherency that you are becoming upset.
3.) Either specifically outline your disagreement with my assertion or just move on. Your choice.
4.)P.S. You don’t speak for “we”.

1.) no you factually have not why lie? . . you may FEEL you did but you claimed you have facts that make your claim factual . . nothing you provided does that . . hence you continue dodging and deflecting. Further lyign about it only proves it more and makes it worse.
2.) LMAO wrong again but its ANOTHER perfect example of another deflection that also completely fails
3.) I already did, you made a claim and cant support it so we are still waiting for you to do so.
4.) yes i do LOL all the people reading who disagree with your claim you cant support

so here we are in the same place . . .
Heres your choices

A.) please post "the facts" which you said you had, that makes your claim true instead and ill gladly admit you are right based on said facts
B.) Post with honesty and integrity and admit what you posted is not "a fact."
C.) keep my entertainment going and continue to post deflections and lies while i gladly keep pointing them out for the unsupported nonsense false claims they are

we'll be waiting, thanks!

Isn’t gentrification a problem as well?

1.) no you factually have not why lie? . . you may FEEL you did but you claimed you have facts that make your claim factual . . nothing you provided does that . . hence you continue dodging and deflecting. Further lyign about it only proves it more and makes it worse.
2.) LMAO wrong again but its ANOTHER perfect example of another deflection that also completely fails
3.) I already did, you made a claim and cant support it so we are still waiting for you to do so.
4.) yes i do LOL all the people reading who disagree with your claim you cant support

Heres your choices

A.) please post "the facts" which you said you had, that makes your claim true instead and ill gladly admit you are right based on said facts
C.) keep my entertainment going and continue to post deflections and lies while i gladly keep pointing them out for the unsupported nonsense false claims they are

Most all Americans do live in integrated neighborhoods, attend integrated churches, and send their kids to integrated schools. I’m all for walking the walk (and do), but it seems to me that Krattenmaker is just preaching “white guilt”.
https://www.washingtonpost.com
https://www.google.com/amp/www.pewr...y-segregated-but-things-are-changing-2/?amp=1
I can’t read it and comprehend it for you.

so you choose C!!! excellent LMAO
maybe its your factual inability to post a link correctly....Washington post goes to main page

Heres your choices

As a newbie, I have noticed that many members (and probably guests, too) have a great interest in alleged racism in this country.

So I thought that they would like to know about that author's opinion on that controversial topic.

I do not wish to express my opinion on what he opined. (I feel that it would be a waste of time since everyone is set in his/her ways. Few people are willing to reconsider their cherished beliefs.)

Best wishes!

So then why ask for others' opinions?

And why does it matter if others' opinions are set in stone as you claim?

As long as yours arent...then you should be open to new or different ideas. Are you?

It's a discussion forum...that's what's done here...and now that I've seen you post a few times here, I can see that you refuse to put yourself out there to risk being wrong and instead are one of those that continually ask questions so that you cannot be pinned down answering. It's a kind of moral cowardice that plays well online.

This morning I just happened to read an online article at USA TODAY.

The title is "White progressives shouldn't be smug about racism. We could be doing much more to end it" by Tom Krattenmaker.

He points out that although progressives always say the right things, their actions are another matter.

He believes that progressives should be more willing to live in integrated neighborhoods, send their children to integrated schools, and attend integrated churches.

He also believes that "white privilege" still exists.

He points out that in some suburban areas of Pennsylvania, progressives have put up signs on their lawns that proclaim: "Hate Has No Home Here." He points out that 95% of those areas are Caucasian.

He is gently and lovingly chiding his fellow liberals for not actually living more ethnically integrated lives. As he puts it, progressives should put their money where their mouths are.

What exactly are liberals doing to keep minority groups from moving near them? Does diversity only flow from majority to minority or can both champion diversity?

And can you, the OP, please explain how 'non-racist' liberals moving into neighborhoods to make them more diverse affects ending racism? They're already not racist. What's supposed to change here?

What can liberals even do? They can't control if people are racists, ignorant idiots now can they? They can't control that there is propaganda TV and scumbag republican politicians out there making like it is OK to be a racist a hole. Not sure what they can do, other than make sure as many people vote, because the fact is those baskets of deplorable, racist a holes are a minority. Just happens people don't vote enough and republicans have rigged the system where they can get less votes but pick up more seats

EVery person who lives in a city lives, works, plays with people of all races/religion/sexuality, etc, while many conservatives hide out in rural, white only areas where they know nothing about the people they hate. They likely never even met one. They all blow smoke up each other's asses and just keep reaffirming their dumb biases. So glad I was fortunate to be born in Long Island and attend a school with other races

And can you, the OP, please explain how 'non-racist' liberals moving into neighborhoods to make them more diverse affects ending racism? They're already not racist. What's supposed to change here?

You must ask that question of the gentleman who wrote that article.

I just brought his article to the attention of members (and guests) who are interested in this topic.

I am just the impartial messenger.

You must ask that question of the gentleman who wrote that article.

I just brought his article to the attention of members (and guests) who are interested in this topic.

I am just the impartial messenger.

No, that's why I specifically asked for you, the OP, to do so.

And IMO you are lying about being impartial...you wish to generate controversy and then feed off of it.

*cough...moral cowardice...cough*

And IMO you are lying about being impartial...you wish to generate controversy and then feed off of it.

*cough...moral cowardice...cough*

Thank you for your opinion.

As you say, a forum is for opinions.

And as I say, a forum is also for members like me to just bring interesting information to the attention of interested members (and guests).

Best wishes

EVery person who lives in a city lives, works, plays with people of all races/religion/sexuality, etc, while many conservatives hide out in rural, white only areas where they know nothing about the people they hate. They likely never even met one. They all blow smoke up each other's asses and just keep reaffirming their dumb biases. So glad I was fortunate to be born in Long Island and attend a school with other races
Careful not anger Agent J by saying that our metropolitan neighborhoods do include minorities. :eek: I grew up in the burbs, and have moved around a lot (career military) and always had neighbors who happened to be minorities. Maybe out in the sticks there’s some who’ve not met any minorities, but my guess they’d have to be pretty far out in the boonies, but I get what you’re about certain folks, cough MAGA cough.

Thank you for your opinion.

As you say, a forum is for opinions.

And as I say, a forum is also for members like me to just bring interesting information to the attention of interested members (and guests).

Best wishes

The name of the site is DEBATE Politics. And you are posting in the DISCUSSION Forum section.

Dishonesty and fear of other's opinions (of yours) seem to be your MO.

Careful not anger Agent J by saying that our metropolitan neighborhoods do include minorities. :eek: I grew up in the burbs, and have moved around a lot (career military) and always had neighbors who happened to be minorities. Maybe out in the sticks there’s some who’ve not met any minorities, but my guess they’d have to be pretty far out in the boonies, but I get what you’re about certain folks, cough MAGA cough.

Yeah, I'm talking sticks, many red states, rural areas. And I'm also not saying racism is not prevalent in cities as well, and that there are many not racists in those place.

Back
Top Bottom